Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America Empty
PostSubject: Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America   Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:47 am

BOOK REVIEW

by John Avlon

"Wingnuts offers a clear and comprehensive review of the forces on the outer edges
of the political spectrum that shape and distort our political debate.
Shedding more heat than light they drive frustrated alienated citizens away from the
reasoned discourse that can produce real solutions to our problems."
- President Bill Clinton

Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America 51gjlq10

Product Description:

What’s a Wingnut? It’s someone on the far-right wing or far-left wing of the political spectrum -
the professional partisans and the unhinged activists, the hardcore haters and the paranoid conspiracy theorists.

They’re the people who always try to divide us instead of unite us.

Wingnuts looks at the outbreak of extremism in the opening years of the Obama administration –
from the unprecedented government spending that spurred the Tea-Party protests to the onset
of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

John Avlon explains how hate-fueled rumors take hold (one section is called “How Obama Became Hitler,
a Communist and the Antichrist”), looks at the ‘hunt for heretics’ that is taking place inside both parties
and details the rise of hyper-partisan media. Avlon profiles preachers who are praying for the president’s death,
goes inside the growing “Hatriot” movement and parallels the “Birthers” and the “9/11 Truthers.”

The book compares current merchants of political paranoia with past fear-mongers and finds that
divisive demagogues have sold this snake oil before. But the two parties’ increased polarization
and the echo-chamber of the internet are helping the fringe blur with the base, making the
Wingnuts more powerful than ever before.

"We are allowing paranoids, hysterics and hyper-partisans to hijack our politics –
but it doesn’t have to be this way. Avlon asserts that centrists need to stand up
to the extremes on both sides and declare their independence. "

The book ends on a hopeful note – the conclusion is “How to Take America Back from the Lunatic Fringe.”

LINK - available on Amazon
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America   Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

>"Wingnuts offers a clear and comprehensive review of the forces on the outer edges
of the political spectrum that shape and distort our political debate.
Shedding more heat than light they drive frustrated alienated citizens away from the
reasoned discourse that can produce real solutions to our problems."
- President Bill Clinton <

Figured out what the meaning of IS is yet Bill ???
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America   Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:18 pm

i realy despise all of these wingnut trolls out there C9smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America   Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1