Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

America's Silliest Taxes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

America's Silliest Taxes Empty
PostSubject: America's Silliest Taxes   America's Silliest Taxes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:03 pm

our brilliant law makers Rolling Eyes

America's Silliest Taxes

Simple flat tax? Don't expect anything like that from our busy legislators, who have loaded up the state and federal statute books with all manner of curious taxes, surtaxes, credits, exemptions, deductions, depletion allowances and gotchas.

Herewith, to give you a break from your Form 1040, is a catalog of the country's looniest taxes. Hat tips to William Barrett, Norml, Ray Squitieri, Stephen Von Worley, Thomson Reuters One Source Tax & Accounting and TurboTax.

Arkansas: Body Piercing Tax

The state spells out which services are subject to the 6% state sales tax. Among them: body piercing, gutter cleaning and pet grooming.

California: Deals For Ottoman Empire Victims

If you were persecuted between 1915 and 1923, you get a tax exemption. If your troubles came in 1924 or later, however, there's no break.

Hawaii: Deductions Grow on Trees

Grab a $3,000 deduction if your tree was approved by an arborist advisory committee and you get the right notarial stamp.

Maryland: Oyster Break

Maybe the clam and mussel people didn't make sufficient campaign donations? The aquaculture float credit is available for people harvesting oysters, but not other shellfish.

New Jersey: Helping Families

You get a break if you spend more than $35.64 on family leave insurance. A $37 outlay on this worthy cause, for example, would land you $1.36.

New York: Haunted House Tax

Musical comedies, operas and chamber music are exempt from the sales tax. But not a Halloween show with music, if the admission charge exceeds 10 cents.

South Carolina: Aid For Deceased Deer

You get $50 off your taxes if your deer carcass helps the needy.

Click here to see all 14 of America's Silliest Taxes
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

America's Silliest Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: America's Silliest Taxes   America's Silliest Taxes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 am

tsktsk
Back to top Go down

America's Silliest Taxes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Politics & News-
Jump to: