Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Cruise Ship

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:24 am

Anyone up for a cruise?

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A cruise liner hit by an outbreak of intestinal illness for a third straight trip from South Carolina returned a day early Thursday as operator Celebrity Cruises brought in extra crew to scrub the ship down for three days.

The Celebrity Mercury arrived about 2 a.m. and passengers began disembarking as the sun rose over Charleston.

The cruise company reported 406 of the more than 1,800 passengers got sick after the ship's March 8 departure. Thirteen of 857 crew members also got sick.

Hundreds of passengers got sick with the norovirus on two previous Mercury cruises this year from Charleston. The norovirus can spread quickly in closed quarters with symptoms including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the cause of the outbreak on the latest cruise has not yet been determined, but passengers reported symptoms including diarrhea and vomiting.

Linda McNeil, 61, of Hendersonville, N.C., got sick during the cruise but was better by the time the ship returned. She and her husband had been concerned before they left.

"Yes, yes we were, but it wasn't going to keep us from going," she said. "This was our first cruise so we were going to go and it didn't discourage us from doing it again."

Davis Lever, 81, and his wife Beth Lawton, 80, of Summerville, S.C., said they weren't anxious about sailing on the Mercury. Neither were ill and both praised the crew.

"They just couldn't have done more. They had clear plastic over all the food at the buffet line. You didn't touch anything, they put stuff on your plate," Lawton said. "At every doorway they had wipes or sprays."

The couple has been on eight cruises and said the trip would not discourage them from going on a ninth.

When the first Mercury cruise returned Feb. 26, the vessel remained in port an extra day for cleaning. This time, the Mercury will remain three days for cleaning before it is scheduled to sail again Sunday.

Celebrity Cruises spokeswoman Cynthia Martinez said the line is bringing 50 additional crew members to Charleston to help clean and a local company will steam the carpets in all staterooms and public areas. Celebrity Cruises is owned by Miami-based Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

CDC spokesman Ricardo Beato said the sailing could be delayed if government vessel sanitation officials or if the Celebrity Cruises staff feel there hasn't been enough time to decontaminate.

South Carolina health officials have reported twice as many cases of norovirus in the state as normal this winter.

"It's sort of infamous for sticking around," said Dr. J. Michael Kilby, a Medical University of South Carolina professor who said the virus spreads easily in a closed environment like a ship.

"A whole slew of people can be sick in 48 hours because it has a short incubation period," he said. The good news, if there is any, is that most people recover in a day or so.

But Kilby said the virus is tough to get rid of.

"Even the little bit of chlorine you find in the treated water we have in town and some swimming pools doesn't seem enough to get it out of the environment," he said. "It's hard to know whether some passenger comes on board with it already or whether it is some place in the environment there already."

The sailings by the Mercury marked the start of Charleston's first year-round cruising season. There will be 67 cruise calls by various lines in the city this year. In the past, there had been only a handful of winter cruises.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:42 pm

seems to be a growing problem
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:52 pm

I saw that too.... and a few days ago I watched a documentary about how the cruise lines manipulate us to spend as much money as possible while on the ship and at the ports...which they either outrightly own or have interesting contracts with the locals...

it all turned me off and I scratched "Take a Cruise" off my bucket list
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:01 pm

c/thru wrote:
I saw that too.... and a few days ago I watched a documentary about how the cruise lines manipulate us to spend as much money as possible while on the ship and at the ports...which they either outrightly own or have interesting contracts with the locals...

all inclusive isn't quite so all inclusive
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:21 am

c/thru wrote:

I read that story too but could n't find it. I have a friend going on a cruise this summer and I wanted to send that to them.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Joebert wrote:
c/thru wrote:

I read that story too but could n't find it. I have a friend going on a cruise this summer and I wanted to send that to them.
tell thne not to take the crusise ships of ship tours. contract with and independent on the pier
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
c/thru wrote:

tell thne not to take the crusise ships of ship tours. contract with and independent on the pier

I just wouldn't go.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
c/thru wrote:

I just wouldn't go.
cruises are awesome. if you don't get sick
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:59 pm

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
c/thru wrote:

I just wouldn't go.
cruises are awesome. if you don't get sick

Motorcycle racing is fun if you don't get killed.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

I just wouldn't go.[/quote] cruises are awesome. if you don't get sick[/quote]

Motorcycle racing is fun if you don't get killed.[/quote]

but what are the odds?
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:29 pm

I would prefer to pilot my own yacht. giggle
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:36 pm

KK wrote:
I just wouldn't go.
cruises are awesome. if you don't get sick[/quote]

Motorcycle racing is fun if you don't get killed.[/quote]

but what are the odds?[/quote]

the odds are a lot better you are going ton get sick on a cruise ship.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Perhaps a small raft of palm fronds lashed together with duct tape and bailing wire... ninjasmirk
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 pm

JJjava wrote:
Perhaps a small raft of palm fronds lashed together with duct tape and bailing wire... ninjasmirk
take one of the windjammer cruises
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:36 am

KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

A friend of mine did and really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

they are pretty good. you learn a lot too
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:33 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

There are a lot of places I haven't seen yet. Think I'll do that before I take a cruise.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

There are a lot of places I haven't seen yet. Think I'll do that before I take a cruise.

try sarah palin's alaska
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

try sarah palin's alaska

I would only go there on a cruise so that won't happen any time soon.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:35 pm

I would only go there on a cruise so that won't happen any time soon.[/quote]

it's a beautiful state
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:06 pm

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

try sarah palin's alaska

I have, and I highly recommend it. I was going there long before I ever heard of Sarah.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:49 am

KK wrote:

it's a beautiful state[/quote]

Most states are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:57 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

it's a beautiful state

Most states are beautiful.[/quote]

Ever been to Ohio ? C9crackUPslap
Back to top Go down
java

java

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:39 pm

BMG wrote:

Driving though Ohio it didn't look so nice but once I got off I 70 it wasn't so bad.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 pm

JJjava wrote:
BMG wrote:

Driving though Ohio it didn't look so nice but once I got off I 70 it wasn't so bad.

You have to know where to look and it usually isn't on the interstate highway. This goes nfor most states.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cruise Ship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship   Cruise Ship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ship
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next