Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...

Go down 
+2
BMG
c/thru
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Empty
PostSubject: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted

LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!)
Tue Mar 24, 2:48 pm ET
Smart or thin? Rich or ugly?

Women still have a complex and contradictory relationship with their own image according to a poll
released on Tuesday that found 25 percent of those questioned would rather win the
"America's Next Top Model" TV show than the Nobel Peace Prize.

And although 75 percent of women surveyed said they'd be willing to shave their heads
to save the life of a stranger, more than a quarter of those taking part admitted they would
make their best friend fat for life, if it meant they could be thin.
angry

As for that age-old dilemma of whether to marry for wealth or looks, half of the 18- to 24-year-olds
questioned said they would marry an ugly man if he were a multimillionaire.

Link to full story

isn't that so sad ?
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:05 am

>As for that age-old dilemma of whether to marry for wealth or looks, half of the 18- to 24-year-olds questioned said they would marry an ugly man if he were a multimillionaire <

Wealth or looks ?
What about love ?

I wouldnt marry someone I didnt love no matter how good looking or how rich he was.

Now if he was good lookind AND rich...............

just kidding
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:06 pm

BMG wrote:
>As for that age-old dilemma of whether to marry for wealth or looks, half of the 18- to 24-year-olds questioned said they would marry an ugly man if he were a multimillionaire <

Wealth or looks ?
What about love ?

I wouldnt marry someone I didnt love no matter how good looking or how rich he was.

just kidding

I'm the same way. that relationship is way to important to me. money couldn't ever make up for it
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:22 am

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

Wealth or looks ?
What about love ?

just kidding

I'm the same way. that relationship is way to important to me. money couldn't ever make up for it

A sante'
I'll drink to that.

The custom in some cultures of marriages that are arranged by the parents must create a lot of miserable people.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:47 pm

A sante'
I'll drink to that.

The custom in some cultures of marriages that are arranged by the parents must create a lot of miserable people.[/quote]

just imagine some of the characters your parents have tried to set you up with
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:29 am

KK wrote:
A sante'
I'll drink to that.

The custom in some cultures of marriages that are arranged by the parents must create a lot of miserable people.

just imagine some of the characters your parents have tried to set you up with[/quote]

In my case its aunts and uncles......but......oh yeah. Some real odd socks.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
A sante'
I'll drink to that.

In my case its aunts and uncles......but......oh yeah. Some real odd socks.[/quote]

I had one who looked like she was in training to be a librarian
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:40 am

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
A sante'
I'll drink to that.

I had one who looked like she was in training to be a librarian[/quote]

giggle Was her name Marian ?
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:20 am

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
A sante'
I'll drink to that.

giggle Was her name Marian ?[/quote]

my aunt wanted me to date an italian boy, so she set me up about six times....eeeeeeeeee.

she stopped now.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 am

jamesjchrist wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
A sante'
I'll drink to that.

giggle Was her name Marian ?

my aunt wanted me to date an italian boy, so she set me up about six times....eeeeeeeeee.

she stopped now.[/quote]

I tried to play Cupid a couple times (not with my kids) and had disastrous results.

I've stopped now too.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:42 pm

giggle Was her name Marian ?[/quote]

I thinl it was Carla
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:35 am

I have never been set up ever.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Alberta Boy wrote:
I have never been set up ever.
not even suggested?
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:30 pm

HAHAHA... Alberta Boy .... the girls over yonder LOVE YOU !! I think one of them is mad at me now cause I confessed you were my 2nd bestest friend over there and knew way too much about my personal luggage lildanger
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 pm

People have tried to set me up before but it never worked out. I'm too picky.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:52 pm

java wrote:

*ahem* I set you up giggle
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:35 am

c/thru wrote:
java wrote:

*ahem* I set you up giggle

That was different giggle 'cause I already liked that gal... rolleyes :shades: hooked
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 pm

KK wrote:
not even suggested?

just last week a woman offered to set me up with ,,,,,,,,,, to quote "I have several single friends" but to be truthful, I am not quite ready to dive into dating just yet.

c/thru wrote:
HAHAHA... Alberta Boy .... the girls over yonder LOVE YOU !! I think one of them is mad at me now cause I confessed you were my 2nd bestest friend over there and knew way too much about my personal luggage lildanger

well ,,,,,,,,,,, I never said I wasn't experienced, or that I hadn't caught a few eyes, just that I had never been set up. I was wondering if you were ever going to wander yonder ever again.
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 pm

btw, since I expressed my pleasure that you had wandered over yonder recently, I suppose they are going to be even madder at you. If they ask, tell them I took you to heaven on gossamer wings. That should start a scandal ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:54 am

[quote="Alberta Boy"]
KK wrote:
not even suggested?

just last week a woman offered to set me up with ,,,,,,,,,, to quote "I have several single friends" but to be truthful, I am not quite ready to dive into dating just yet.

quote]

I can understand that. I think I would find it dificult to get back in the daying game again
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:20 am

KK wrote:
I can understand that. I think I would find it dificult to get back in the daying game again
Thats not it, my ex-wife and I split up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 13 years ago. I have dated lots since then. But the last woman i was dating ,,,,,,,,,,, well we had made significant plans for the future, and one day she decided she didn't actually love me enough to go through with them. That was last summer. I have not dated since then. I just threw myself into my work. But it is summer again, and suddenly women are paying attention to me again, which to me means I have healed enough to have started to throw off signals. So I imagine that some time over the next couple months my dance card will start to fill up.

Last edited by Alberta Boy on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Alberta Boy wrote:
KK wrote:
Thats not it, my ex-wife and I split up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 13 years ago. I have dated lots since then. But the last woman i was dating ,,,,,,,,,,, well we had made significant plans for the future, and one day she decided she didn't actually love me enough to go through with them. That was last summer. I have not dated since then. I just through myself into my work. But it is summer again, and suddenly women are paying attention to me again, which to me means I have healed enough to have started to throw off signals. So I imagine that some time over the next couple months my dance card will start to fill up.

I guess i'm in the opposite boat. I have a great relationship and I don't think I would ever let anyone else replace that place my wife holds in my heart and mind
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:51 am

Alberta Boy wrote:
KK wrote:
Thats not it, my ex-wife and I split up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 13 years ago. I have dated lots since then. But the last woman i was dating ,,,,,,,,,,, well we had made significant plans for the future, and one day she decided she didn't actually love me enough to go through with them. That was last summer. I have not dated since then. I just threw myself into my work. But it is summer again, and suddenly women are paying attention to me again, which to me means I have healed enough to have started to throw off signals. So I imagine that some time over the next couple months my dance card will start to fill up.

I'm in the rather strange situation of still being completely nuts about my ex and he is the same about me so he says, but I wouldnt live the traditional ranchers wife lifestyle he wanted so I went out and made a career for myself. He says the door is open when I am ready to come home and I know I will some day. In the mean time we date other people but never anything too serious. Our friends think we are both crazy. idunno
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:15 am

Alberta Boy wrote:
KK wrote:
That's kind of like what happened to me with this one gal I used to date. We were together for 2 years, never argued, then one day we had our first big arguent and the next day she dumped me for a younger guy. rolleyes In the long run it turned out for the best for me 'cause my new gal is MUCH better. nodYes The younger guy went bad on her and now she's dating an older guy named "Snake." giggle

BMG wrote:

I'm in the rather strange situation of still being completely nuts about my ex and he is the same about me so he says, but I wouldnt live the traditional ranchers wife lifestyle he wanted so I went out and made a career for myself. He says the door is open when I am ready to come home and I know I will some day. In the mean time we date other people but never anything too serious. Our friends think we are both crazy. idunno
I don't think you're crazy, do what you gotta do & I hope it all works out well for both of you. :winky:
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:23 pm

BMG wrote:
Alberta Boy wrote:
KK wrote:

you need to find your right time and place. i think it is VERY romantic and so very cool. it would make a beautiful romantic novel (especially if you ride slowly up to the ranch one day on the back of a speckled mare, your hair billowing from under your hat, and he holds his weathered hand over his eyes, straining against the glare of the late autumn sun. He runs breathlessly out to meet you and as you jump from the horse, he catches you as if he had waited his whole life for just this very instant and you tumble to the ground in each others arms forever.)

Come Back to Me by David Cook...... nice song Smile

you say you gotta go and find yourself
you say that you're becoming someone else
don't recognize the face in the mirror
looking back at you

you say you're leavin
as you look away
i know theres really nothin left to say
just know i'm here
whenever you need me
i'll wait for you

so i'll let you go
i'll set you free
and when you see what you need to see
when you find you come back to me

take your time i wont go anywhere
picture you with the wind in your hair
i'll keep your things right where you left them
i'll be here for you

oh and i'll let you go
i'll set you free

and i hope you find everything that you need
i'll be right here waiting to see
you find you come back to me

i can't get close if your not there
i can't get inside if theres no soul to bear
i can't fix you i can't save you
its something you have to do

so i'll let you go
i'll set you free
come back to me
so i'll let you go
i'll set you free

and i hope you find everything that you need
i'll be right here waiting to see
you find you come back to me

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...   Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brains or beauty? Women still conflicted...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next