Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Gran Torino

Go down 
+3
KK
c/thru
jjjamesjchrist
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:32 am

love him or hate him, clint eastwood was awesome. no million dollar baby, but this was worth seeing.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:38 am

I am a longtime Clint fan....I am waiting for Gran Torino

Million Dollar Baby had great actors showing some great skills but the end of the story pissed me off so bad

PS...I will also automatically watch anything with Morgan Freeman...I don't even need to know anything else
about the movie... all movies he has chosen have been awesome
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:03 pm

jamesjchrist wrote:
love him or hate him, clint eastwood was awesome. no million dollar baby, but this was worth seeing.
maybe next weekend, it's playing at the local theater
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Yeah I'm like that with Morgan Freeman, too...

Gran Torino Beck
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 am

So you must have been over the top in ectasy with Unforgiven. Which was filmed 'round here in my part of the world. I like Morgan Freeman - he is an excellent actor. Clint is okay as an actor. Like Arnie, he get's some memorable lines.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:27 pm

i remember seeing clint when he was a nobody, when he first came out.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:35 pm

First time I noticed him was either Dirty Harry or the The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Then later I looked again at older movies where I had seen him before but didn't know who he was at the time. I think my favorite of all his movies was probaby The Outlaw Josey Wales.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:39 pm

java wrote:
First time I noticed him was either Dirty Harry or the The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Then later I looked again at older movies where I had seen him before but didn't know who he was at the time. I think my favorite of all his movies was probaby The Outlaw Josey Wales.
I remember him from the spaghetti western series he did and early stuff lie coogans bluff, hang em high. where eagles dare. but I also remember him from a few early westerns of the 50's and tv appearances he did back then
Back to top Go down
java

java

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 pm

I remember seeing Jack Nicholson when I was a kid, in a bit part in a b-grade Vincent Price/Peter Lorre movie in the theatre (I still LOVE those old B horror movies), and I was thinking, "This guy doesn't belong in this movie." Little did I know ha.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:51 pm

java wrote:
I remember seeing Jack Nicholson when I was a kid, in a bit part in a b-grade Vincent Price/Peter Lorre movie in the theatre (I still LOVE those old B horror movies), and I was thinking, "This guy doesn't belong in this movie." Little did I know ha.
The first time i saw jack that I remember him from was hells angels on wheel, then easy rider.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:57 pm

This was back in the before time before those movies came out (yes I'm that old), when I was a kid and could spend all day Saturday in the theatre by spending 50 cents for a double feature and staying through at least long enough to see both movies twice. I did that almost every weekend. The theatre managers knew some kids were doing it, but as long as we didn't cause trouble and kept ourselves low, they'd never say anything about it.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:05 pm

java wrote:
This was back in the before time before those movies came out (yes I'm that old), when I was a kid and could spend all day Saturday in the theatre by spending 50 cents for a double feature and staying through at least long enough to see both movies twice. I did that almost every weekend. The theatre managers knew some kids were doing it, but as long as we didn't cause trouble and kept ourselves low, they'd never say anything about it.
when I grew up there were no theaters close by. we had to be driven to them amd they were at least a half hr away. most of the time we went to a drive in with my parents or my mother and a friend of hers who had kids our age might go to the movies. Hells Angels on wheels played as a second movie in the drive in to Some movie about the Rat Fink. That may have even been the name. but I was a teenager when that came out.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:38 pm

We had a drive-in theatre on the edge of town and when we were kids too young to drive we would climb up on the roofs of neighboring garages and houses and watch the drive-in movies from up there... people in the drive-in would turn up the speakers so we could hear what was going on lol
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:59 am

Thanls for the review I think I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:01 am

java wrote:

Remember the old Andy of Mayberry show? They locked up Jack Nicholson one time. rolling on floor lau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttGg5xGamHI
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 am

c/thru wrote:
I am a longtime Clint fan....I am waiting for Gran Torino

Million Dollar Baby had great actors showing some great skills but the end of the story pissed me off so bad

PS...I will also automatically watch anything with Morgan Freeman...I don't even need to know anything else
about the movie... all movies he has chosen have been awesome

ma chushla cry cry cry cry
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:38 am

KK wrote:

get 'em up move 'em out rawhide? rolleyes
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 pm

KK wrote:
java wrote:
when I grew up there were no theaters close by. we had to be driven to them amd they were at least a half hr away. most of the time we went to a drive in with my parents or my mother and a friend of hers who had kids our age might go to the movies. Hells Angels on wheels played as a second movie in the drive in to Some movie about the Rat Fink. That may have even been the name. but I was a teenager when that came out.

We didnt have theaters close by either. The closest was about 90 miles and on the occasions we did go we would always get there a little early and have burgers and ice cream at a little DQ type place and wait for it to get dark so they could start the movie. By the time we got home I was always dead asleep in the car and had to be carried into the house.

Fond memories.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 pm

BMG wrote:

We didnt have theaters close by either. The closest was about 90 miles and on the occasions we did go we would always get there a little early and have burgers and ice cream at a little DQ type place and wait for it to get dark so they could start the movie. By the time we got home I was always dead asleep in the car and had to be carried into the house.

Fond memories.
Fond memory of taking long trips in the car with my parents... I was always impatient to get there and would constantly ask dumb questions like "How far are we?" and "Are we almost there yet?" which would drive my mom crazy... if I would ask, "Where are we right now?" she would almost always reply, "Out in the middle of nowhere..." I remember wondering about crazy stuff like whether the motion of the car's wheels was propelling the car forward, or if it was actually really causing the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction... these kinds of idiotic questions were sincerely ignorant but would still drive my mom crazy...
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 pm

java wrote:
BMG wrote:

Fond memories.
Fond memory of taking long trips in the car with my parents... I was always impatient to get there and would constantly ask dumb questions like "How far are we?" and "Are we almost there yet?" which would drive my mom crazy... if I would ask, "Where are we right now?" she would almost always reply, "Out in the middle of nowhere..." I remember wondering about crazy stuff like whether the motion of the car's wheels was propelling the car forward, or if it was actually really causing the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction... these kinds of idiotic questions were sincerely ignorant but would still drive my mom crazy...

Bright children ask questions, even if they are childish questions. Dumb children color or stare out the window without curiosity.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Joebert wrote:
java wrote:

Remember the old Andy of Mayberry show? They locked up Jack Nicholson one time. rolling on floor lau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttGg5xGamHI
yes i do remember that one
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:51 pm

jamesjchrist wrote:
KK wrote:

get 'em up move 'em out rawhide? rolleyes
that was one of em
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:55 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:

Fond memories.
we were usually out by the time we got home too. I just remember how good that garbage they served at the food stand tasted though. plus I remember running all around the drive in lot during intermission. it was like a little street party

Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2EBeOzmj6U
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:59 pm

here's the one i was looking for lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXK2yyjerro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gran Torino Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Torino
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Movie Guide-
Jump to: