Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Gran Torino

Go down 
+3
KK
c/thru
jjjamesjchrist
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KK

Number of posts : 8316

Gran Torino - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:59 pm

here's the one i was looking for lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXK2yyjerro
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:02 pm

java wrote:
BMG wrote:

We didnt have theaters close by either. The closest was about 90 miles and on the occasions we did go we would always get there a little early and have burgers and ice cream at a little DQ type place and wait for it to get dark so they could start the movie. By the time we got home I was always dead asleep in the car and had to be carried into the house.

Fond memories.
Fond memory of taking long trips in the car with my parents... I was always impatient to get there and would constantly ask dumb questions like "How far are we?" and "Are we almost there yet?" which would drive my mom crazy... if I would ask, "Where are we right now?" she would almost always reply, "Out in the middle of nowhere..." I remember wondering about crazy stuff like whether the motion of the car's wheels was propelling the car forward, or if it was actually really causing the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction... these kinds of idiotic questions were sincerely ignorant but would still drive my mom crazy...
remember all the road games you use to play too?

how many differnt states license plates can you find?
and that book where you had to check off when you saw a billboard, a speedlimit sign, a rest stop, a gas station and such
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Ohhhh Drive ins !! Loved those times so much ...

there is actually one left around here !!
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 am

c/thru wrote:
Ohhhh Drive ins !! Loved those times so much ...

there is actually one left around here !!

I loved them to. What a great place for a cheap date... lolFlag
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:34 am

For awhile, when I was between grade 2 and grade 3, I lived at a drive-in
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:19 am

KK wrote:
here's the one i was looking for lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXK2yyjerro

I remember that one.

The original health food commercial. grin
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:24 am

KK wrote:
java wrote:
BMG wrote:

We didnt have theaters close by either. The closest was about 90 miles and on the occasions we did go we would always get there a little early and have burgers and ice cream at a little DQ type place and wait for it to get dark so they could start the movie. By the time we got home I was always dead asleep in the car and had to be carried into the house.

Fond memories.
Fond memory of taking long trips in the car with my parents... I was always impatient to get there and would constantly ask dumb questions like "How far are we?" and "Are we almost there yet?" which would drive my mom crazy... if I would ask, "Where are we right now?" she would almost always reply, "Out in the middle of nowhere..." I remember wondering about crazy stuff like whether the motion of the car's wheels was propelling the car forward, or if it was actually really causing the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction... these kinds of idiotic questions were sincerely ignorant but would still drive my mom crazy...

and that book where you had to check off when you saw a billboard, a speedlimit sign, a rest stop, a gas station and such

Yeah, we had that stuff. One game was like highway bingo. Your card had things to see instead of letters and numbers. They sure came up with effective ways to keep kids from getting bored and fighting with each other. Now its DVD players in the back seat area and the kids can fight over what to watch.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:54 am

My bro's and I had contests to see who could spot Volkswagens and Cadillacs first. When we saw them we would shout out "Slugabug" for VWs and "Kiddielick" for Cadillacs lol... I had almost forgotten about that... we would get all worked up and competitive about it... ha
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:20 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
BMG wrote:

Fond memories.

Yeah, we had that stuff. One game was like highway bingo. Your card had things to see instead of letters and numbers. They sure came up with effective ways to keep kids from getting bored and fighting with each other. Now its DVD players in the back seat area and the kids can fight over what to watch.
yep. i even remember on car didn't have a radio. there was no AC. when you got stuck in traffic you cooked too.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:52 pm

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
BMG wrote:

Fond memories.

yep. i even remember on car didn't have a radio. there was no AC. when you got stuck in traffic you cooked too.

I remember cars with no AC but unless there is a bad wreck ahead you dont get stuck in traffic in WY..... grin
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:13 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
BMG wrote:

Fond memories.

buffalo crossing? slowWaveHi

I remember cars with no AC but unless there is a bad wreck ahead you dont get stuck in traffic in WY..... grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Torino   Gran Torino - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Torino
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Movie Guide-
Jump to: