Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Default time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Default time   Default time Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:49 am

Is there a default time that requires we post a reply with in a certain time span once we start to type in a reply? Twice I have had the forum close down my reply , and it is just gone. For serious subjects, I often craft long posts that take me quite awhile to word the way I want thme, to make sure my meaning is clear. So if there is a time limit, I need to know, so I can try for brevity.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Default time   Default time Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:22 am

Alberta Boy wrote:
Is there a default time that requires we post a reply with in a certain time span once we start to type in a reply? Twice I have had the forum close down my reply , and it is just gone. For serious subjects, I often craft long posts that take me quite awhile to word the way I want thme, to make sure my meaning is clear. So if there is a time limit, I need to know, so I can try for brevity.

I haven't left a long enough post but I have been side tracked and never had it close down on me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blurts : smilies will inherit the earth
Hobbies : code
Humor : binding
Super Powers : early spambot detection Number of posts : 177
pennies : 10000095
Rep : 12

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Default time   Default time Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:20 am

not that I have noticed, if you check "keep me logged in every visit" maybe that will help ?

I have had a posting in process sit for some time as I got distracted by something else, I will often right click & save
during a long construction just in case of any type of boot,
I do that on any forum I play on.

most of these free php software forums do have a 5 minute timeout for the "online now" list, so a member name will drop off that list if reading a long thread or posting beyond 5 minutes, but that shouldn't boot you while you are composing or looking around...and as soon as you make a move or refresh a page your name appears on the list again.

and, just another FYI , you can also use any of their postings to see if they are currently online even though the "online now" list looks empty...unless they are using "hidden" status....

(online or offline status as reported in our profiles are also on the 5 minute timeout )

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://cloud9.roflforum.net
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Default time   Default time Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:46 pm

Admin wrote:
not that I have noticed, if you check "keep me logged in every visit" maybe that will help ?

I have had a posting in process sit for some time as I got distracted by something else, I will often right click & save
during a long construction just in case of any type of boot,
I do that on any forum I play on.

most of these free php software forums do have a 5 minute timeout for the "online now" list, so a member name will drop off that list if reading a long thread or posting beyond 5 minutes, but that shouldn't boot you while you are composing or looking around...and as soon as you make a move or refresh a page your name appears on the list again.

and, just another FYI , you can also use someone's profile or any of their postings to see if they are currently online even though the "online now" list looks empty...unless they are using "hidden" status.

Where is the on line now status? I don't see it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blurts : smilies will inherit the earth
Hobbies : code
Humor : binding
Super Powers : early spambot detection Number of posts : 177
pennies : 10000095
Rep : 12

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Default time   Default time Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Default time Cloud912

Default time Cloud913

BTW, we also have a built in Image hosting service anyone can use,
it's the icon that says "Host an image" ... first one in the row of various image, video & url posting links

although, I find Photobucket to be more reliable

also, I have seen some use the "flash" link for youtubes and it works, I usually use the next one labeled "video"
Back to top Go down
http://cloud9.roflforum.net
joe

joe

Number of posts : 426
pennies : 3
Rep : 2

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Default time   Default time Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:24 pm

I also use the right click feature, "Select all", and "copy" all the text in my "Post a reply" box, during the composition of a long post, and right before I post it I make a copy of it again, just in case... it's very frustrating to spend a long time typing a long reply only to have it lost because of some glitchy forum or networking bug... I don't know what causes it to happen but it does happen sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Default time   Default time Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:58 am

Admin wrote:
Default time Cloud912

Default time Cloud913

BTW, we also have a built in Image hosting service anyone can use,
it's the icon that says "Host an image" ... first one in the row of various image, video & url posting links

although, I find Photobucket to be more reliable

also, I have seen some use the "flash" link for youtubes and it works, I usually use the next one labeled "video"

OK, thanks...have a Happy New Year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Default time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Default time   Default time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Default time
Page 1 of 1