Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Empty
PostSubject: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Mumbai – With 22 pen strokes, President Obama signed into existence not just a historic healthcare reform law but also monumental piles of paperwork: New member registration forms. More claims. Ever-expanding databases. And on top of that, pressure to cut costs.

The bulge in administrative work may look like a nightmare to American insurance firms and government employees. But to outsourcing executives here in India, it’s heaven-sent. A number of Indian companies are already anticipating an increase in workload thanks to Obama's healthcare law.

The addition of 32 million insured Americans is “very significant” for Indian outsourcers, says Ananda Mukerji, chief executive officer of Firstsource Solutions in Mumbai. Companies like his will see “increased opportunities” as US health insurers and hospitals scramble to reorganize to comply with the new law, he wrote in an email to the Monitor.

This extra work will include processing new enrollments, organizing bigger member databases, processing more claims, providing more support services, and managing more revenue, he says.

In particular, outsourcers can expect to benefit from insurers’ need to minimize administrative costs, Mr. Mukerji says, citing a recent Deloitte Center for Health Solutions study showing that up to 41 percent of the cost of a health plan is administrative.

The US healthcare reform offers a "natural extension" of the back-office outsourcing that Indian companies already specialize in, says Tu Packard, a senior economist with Moody's Economy.com.

Outsourcing comes to America But some services in the US healthcare industry cannot be outsourced beyond America's borders due to regulations. That’s one reason major Indian outsourcing firms have set up shop in the United States. In a twist, America's outsourcers are now outsourcing back to America.

In 2008, Bangalore-based Wipro opened a development center in Atlanta that employs 500 people, mostly Americans, and runs a call center for a US healthcare client. Tata Consultancy Services has set up a similar campus with 300 employees near Cincinnati. Infosys is planning a subsidiary in Dallas that will hire locals and seek US government contracts.

Wipro, one of the world's biggest information technology firms with nearly 100,000 employees worldwide, says the new healthcare law dovetails with two of its focus areas: servicing governments and servicing the healthcare industry. "The healthcare reform should translate to more demand," says Rajiv Shah, Wipro's senior vice president for healthcare.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm

awesome! already the healthcare plan is starting to show benefits. Jobs are being created as a result !

Which state is mumbai the capitol of again? C9smile
Back to top Go down
yangying

yangying

Number of posts : 83
pennies : 124
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:48 pm

we'll have to clamor for tougher HIPAA regulations to circumvent this from continuing
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:06 pm

yangying wrote:
we'll have to clamor for tougher HIPAA regulations to circumvent this from continuing

first we have to clamor for a new president who actually cares
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:43 pm

I see a lot of jobs not created. Factories will try to do without adding new people as long as they can. Or just move out of the country.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Joebert wrote:
I see a lot of jobs not created. Factories will try to do without adding new people as long as they can. Or just move out of the country.
they will be laying off to get under 50 and hire temp help
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Yep that too.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Yep that too.

serously. i know a guy who owns a large contract packaging company. he has about 250 full time people. he's been cutting it back and worked out a deal with a temp agency. most of his good people go there and he hires them as temps. he said he was going to bring it down to 45 FT employees
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:34 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Yep that too.

serously. i know a guy who owns a large contract packaging company. he has about 250 full time people. he's been cutting it back and worked out a deal with a temp agency. most of his good people go there and he hires them as temps. he said he was going to bring it down to 45 FT employees

The company I work for has been making big changes for several years. Out source the work and they other companies deal with cut backs and insurance.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Yep that too.

The company I work for has been making big changes for several years. Out source the work and they other companies deal with cut backs and insurance.

people will find ways to beat the system. unfortunatel it is the workforce that will be hurt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies   US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1