Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Empty
PostSubject: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Treaty to cut US-Russia nukes; signing in 2 weeks

By ROBERT BURNS and LYNN BERRY,
Associated Press – 6 mins ago -3/24/2010

WASHINGTON –
The U.S. and Russia reached a breakthrough agreement Wednesday for a historic treaty
to reduce the nuclear arsenals of the former Cold War rivals, the most significant pact
in a generation and an important milestone in the decades-long quest to lower the risk
of global nuclear war.

After long and trying negotiations, President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
are to sign the treaty in two weeks in Prague, once final technical details are worked out,
officials in Washington and Moscow said.
The accord is expected to cut the number of long-range nuclear weapons held by each side
to about 1,500, and it raises hopes for further disarmament in the years ahead.

The deal is seen as sealing an increased level of trust and cooperation between the
U.S. and Russia, who possess the vast majority of the world's nuclear arms and have
labored under strained relations in recent years.

Obama and Medvedev are expected to seal the deal when they talk by telephone this week,
setting the stage for a White House campaign to win Senate ratification. The treaty also must
win approval by the Russian Duma, and the two legislative processes are likely to take months.

Robert S. Norris, a longtime analyst of U.S. and Russian nuclear arsenals, said Senate ratification
would not be easy.

Russian negotiators have balked at including some intrusive weapons verification measures
in the new treaty. The Obama administration has warned that without these, Senate ratification
could prove difficult.

The agreement would still leave each country with a large number of nuclear weapons,
both deployed and stockpiled.

"Hard negotiations with the Russians will now be followed by hard negotiations
with Republican senators to achieve ratification," Norris said.

LINK to full report
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:29 pm

are china, india, pakistan and france cutting theirs too?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Treaty to cut US-Russia nukes; signing in 2 weeks (AP)
AP - The U.S. and Russia reached a breakthrough agreement Wednesday for a historic treaty to reduce the nuclear arsenals of the former Cold War rivals, the most significant pact in a generation and an important milestone in the decades-long quest to lower the risk of global nuclear war.

help me out here. The US currently has 3-4 times as many weapons as russia. but both sides are reducing to 1500. So we are giving up a highly competitive advantge C9no

but we'll both still have 1500. so how is only having 1500 going to reduce the threat of nuclear war? now we can only blow each other up 10 times over?
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:34 am

More Change for you. And there go a few American jobs. This change is working out great so far.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:04 pm

There is also the matter of poisoning the environment with toxic nuclear waste water and Chernobyl-type disasters.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 pm

JJjava wrote:
There is also the matter of poisoning the environment with toxic nuclear waste water and Chernobyl-type disasters.

just what do you think they do with these no longer needed nukes?
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:17 pm

KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

Good question. I suppose they disarm them and try to find some way to safely store the high grade plutonium and whatever other radioactive contaminants which will remain dangerous for thousands of years.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 am

KK wrote:

we could sell them to a 3rd world country
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:04 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:

we could sell them to a 3rd world country
the russians probably do
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:33 pm

At this rate the entire planet will soon be a giant ball of toxic nuclear waste. But at least our ghostly remains will have the satisfaction of knowing that the commies didn't win either.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:09 pm

JJjava wrote:
At this rate the entire planet will soon be a giant ball of toxic nuclear waste. But at least our ghostly remains will have the satisfaction of knowing that the commies didn't win either.
yea, but you know the stockpiling will start all over. right now they have a lot of old technology they want to get rid of. out with the old to make way for the new. like they did with battleships at the end of WWII
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:19 pm

KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:
yea, but you know the stockpiling will start all over. right now they have a lot of old technology they want to get rid of. out with the old to make way for the new. like they did with battleships at the end of WWII

I have a case of rootbeer saved and some bottles of frappuccino. C9peaceGrin
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

1968 was it's best year
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

1968 was it's best year

If you say so.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 pm

If you say so.[/quote]

i always have an opinion
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I don't even know what frappuccino is. But if it has caffeine in it, I would probably like it... coffee
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:50 am

JJjava wrote:
I don't even know what frappuccino is. But if it has caffeine in it, I would probably like it... coffee

The ones I drink have coffee and chocolate in it. Great combination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...   wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wwshoo-ew, signed that one...OK, next...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Politics & News-
Jump to: