Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"

Go down 
+3
phluffy
KK
c/thru
7 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Empty
PostSubject: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 pm

China's new Generation Picky about Factory jobs

By WILLIAM FOREMAN,
Associated Press –
6 mins ago, 3/13/2010

GUANGZHOU, China –

Factory worker Chen Qinghai frowned as he looked at a tall bulletin board full of help-wanted notices
from companies making everything from photocopiers and DVD drives to mobile phones and car parts.

The 19-year-old saw nothing that interested him.

"I wouldn't want to do any of these jobs," he said.
"The pay is too low, and there's no chance of advancement. You'd just be stuck there."

Chen is part of the reason many factory bosses in southern China's Pearl River Delta —
the nation's biggest manufacturing base — are complaining about a severe shortage of workers.

There are many reasons for the worker shortage in once-booming coastal regions like the
Pearl River Delta. Farm-friendly policies are keeping many people on the land, while other migrants
are finding jobs closer to home as poor interior provinces become more prosperous.

But another key reason is the changing labor force:
More than half of China's working-age population is made up of laborers such as Chen,
young people born in the 1980s and 1990s.

Their attitudes and expectations are vastly different from those of their parents, who hunkered
down on assembly lines for little pay and helped turn China into a manufacturing juggernaut.
Many younger workers won't do the sweatshop jobs their parents did. They grew up with
greater prosperity in families limited by the one-child policy. They are more used to getting their way.

"It's true that we're less willing to eat bitterness," Chen said with a chuckle, using a popular
Chinese phrase for enduring hardship.
"We're better educated. We know we have rights. Times have changed."

"Their demeanor is also different," Levy added. "They can actually look the boss in the eye
when they're talking. They don't cower when the boss comes around.

They're becoming more and more like American workers. I like that."
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:10 pm

good, maybe the mexicans will start to go there
Back to top Go down
phluffy

phluffy

Blurts : lolcat wants me
Hobbies : chasing dustbunnies
Super Powers : smuggling, looking innocent Number of posts : 139
pennies : 178
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:04 am

but, but, who's gonna make all the crapola for Wallyworld?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:30 am

phluFFy wrote:
but, but, who's gonna make all the crapola for Wallyworld?

the dot heads
Back to top Go down
alivegenieII

alivegenieII

Hobbies : networking
Number of posts : 186
pennies : 232
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:05 pm

some things are so easy to reform that the old stuff could be replicated in a instance ,
best to go create new , instead of repeating all old times

try your animal magnetism to reward the special forces that shall free societies apart
for a moment enough to prosper mutually

GO WIN-WIN inny macros halobump
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 pm

uhmmmm...what's an "inny macros" and what should I feed it ?
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 am

Bring the manufacturing jobs back. There are plenty of Americns that want the jobs. I know they won't all come back because the factory is located there because they use the product there. But there are a lot of products that could come back. But I have a feeling all the cloths you are wearing that comes from Asia will in the future too.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Joebert wrote:
Bring the manufacturing jobs back. There are plenty of Americns that want the jobs. I know they won't all come back because the factory is located there because they use the product there. But there are a lot of products that could come back. But I have a feeling all the cloths you are wearing that comes from Asia will in the future too.
can it be cost competitive though? their labor is so much cheaper
Back to top Go down
yangying

yangying

Number of posts : 83
pennies : 124
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:05 pm

not for much longer apparently, it makes sense and I'd wager more countries will follow. We'll either all make too much money or no one will make anything, eventually the powers may stop trying to control everyone and everything in the unfair manner in which they are comfortable with, maybe by 3010 ?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 pm

yangying wrote:
not for much longer apparently, it makes sense and I'd wager more countries will follow. We'll either all make too much money or no one will make anything, eventually the powers may stop trying to control everyone and everything in the unfair manner in which they are comfortable with, maybe by 3010 ?

it will be intersting. with china revalueing their currency. the US adding anti dumping tarrifs.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:14 am

KK wrote:
yangying wrote:

it will be intersting. with china revalueing their currency. the US adding anti dumping tarrifs.

Are we in for another wild ride on Wall Street. Will this all make AMerica stronger? Time will tell I guess.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
yangying wrote:

Are we in for another wild ride on Wall Street. Will this all make AMerica stronger? Time will tell I guess.
it will get the world even more pissed ay america
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Make international corps match wages for foreign workers with US wages and they'll start hiring US workers again. Okay sure but I can dream can't I?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 pm

JJjava wrote:
Make international corps match wages for foreign workers with US wages and they'll start hiring US workers again. Okay sure but I can dream can't I?
of course we have no say over what they do.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 pm

KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:
You're rubbng it in now... it was a good dream wasn't it? ... I'm not listening... lalala
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm

JJjava wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:
You're rubbng it in now... it was a good dream wasn't it? ... I'm not listening... lalala

I say we go back to the quota system
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 am

KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:
KK wrote:
JJjava wrote:

I say we go back to the quota system

We have a system?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:32 pm

I say we go back to the quota system[/quote]

We have a system?[/quote]

we used to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"   China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

China's entering workforce say "No, Thank You"
Page 1 of 1