Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Anybody here into the environment?

Go down 
+4
java
Giada
c/thru
KK
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Anybody here into the environment? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Check this out. Every year we've been spreading a trailer load of mulch all around our yard. Lots of people do this. Most today are using that red and black died mulch which eventually puts chemicals into the ground. We looked at this stuff made out of recycled tires. millions of tires get dumped in landfills every year or incinerated. Well they take old tires, grind them up and turn them into mulch. the stuff looks amazing. And it's garanteed to last for 10 years. It probably will last longer but it comes with a garantee that it will ast 10 yrs and not fade or they replace it free. We're on year 3 and it still looks good as new.

Anybody here into the environment? FILE0061

Anybody here into the environment? FILE0022
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:44 pm

First.... Thank you for opening the door on the new sub-board
Anybody here into the environment? Cherry%20in%20love

Edelweiss has a huge organic garden and enjoys a bit of landscaping.... we can barely get to the pool anymore C9wink

What you two have done looks great ...I can't wait to have my own area to play with

that tire chip stuff will not soak up the water either, huh?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:50 pm

thanks,

it doesn't absorb water, but it does help keep it from evaporating and keeps the ground underneath moist so you have to water a lot less. And it really keeps the weeds down This is good for landscaped beds. I wouldn't recommend it for vegetable gardens where you are turning them over a lot. I still use grass clippings and leaves for that. I plant early, lay down a thick bed of organic mulch around the plants, and then turn it into the ground when the plants are done.

But this stuff is great for landscaping. It looks like real mulch too. no one has noticed it's tires even when looking closely.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:57 pm

is it a little heavier than bark/wood chips ? those are so easy to blow around the yard
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:01 pm

c/thru wrote:
is it a little heavier than bark/wood chips ? those are so easy to blow around the yard

yes, this stuff doesn't blow. i used to use pine bark nuggets and it was forever blowing, washing or being weed wacked out of the beds. this stuff stays put.
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:29 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

yes, this stuff doesn't blow. i used to use pine bark nuggets and it was forever blowing, washing or being weed wacked out of the beds. this stuff stays put.

my kinda gardening - do it once and it will last 10+ years! coolPeace It was hell spreading it around tho. It took my boys and me to get it done, but like I said, I won't have to do it anymore. A sante'
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Giada wrote:

my kinda gardening - do it once and it will last 10+ years! coolPeace It was hell spreading it around tho. It took my boys and me to get it done, but like I said, I won't have to do it anymore. A sante'

what? was KK trying to take all the credit ? giggle
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 pm

c/thru wrote:
Giada wrote:

He's a man, isn't he? lolFlag j/k It was a huge job since we have a lot of beds to cover. It took the 3 of us about a week to get it done.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Nice looking place! Love the little overhang on the porch, perfect for staying dry while you watch the rain.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:58 pm

c/thru wrote:
Giada wrote:

for the record, when the chips were delivered i was recovering from a knee operation and had a cast from my foot to my hip and was bed ridden
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 pm

java wrote:
Nice looking place! Love the little overhang on the porch, perfect for staying dry while you watch the rain.

the over hang piece you see there is just for shade. you will get wet there if it rains. but if you look just to the left you will see a balcony. the house recess there and you have about a 18' x 12' section that is covered and you can stay dry.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 am

I've seen that stuff in playgrounds. Where did you get it from? What does it cost per yard?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Joebert wrote:
I've seen that stuff in playgrounds. Where did you get it from? What does it cost per yard?
play ground grade is a little different. same principle though. don't remember. went on line and found a place. they were somewhere in PA. had a whole trailer load delivered. it cost about 10% more than mulch. but ive already saved 2 full years worth of new purchases
Back to top Go down
alivegenieII

alivegenieII

Hobbies : networking
Number of posts : 186
pennies : 232
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:50 pm

WAY to GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE point for the western philo's

} inminiretireos {

Dang Bangers made a mint out of a mountain of Ooooooops T's
Time to survey new book opp's = waterproof redirection conservation of PASSAGES <) (>

Oh Gee $ Greenpeace $$$$$$$$ recyclingers
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:36 am

Have any plans to make dandilion wine?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Joebert wrote:
Have any plans to make dandilion wine?

i've had it
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:42 pm

i find oxygen useful idunno
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:43 pm

jjjamesjchrist wrote:
i find oxygen useful idunno
love is like oxygen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_WL-q_T-n4
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:55 am

I planted some trees and bushes.
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

Edelweiss

Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:48 pm

All I can say is Anybody here into the environment? 8_4_1410
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm

i have a woodstove and am installing solar energy
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

Edelweiss

Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:57 pm

KK wrote:
i have a woodstove and am installing solar energy

I
I'm proud to know you

Anybody here into the environment? Rotati10Anybody here into the environment? Compos10
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm

I have a burn barrel out bacck going right now.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Joebert wrote:
Save your tires. They can make mulch out of them now.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 pm

JJjava wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Save your tires. They can make mulch out of them now.
that's how i started this thread C9smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here into the environment?   Anybody here into the environment? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody here into the environment?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Tech & Science-
Jump to: