Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yangying

yangying

Number of posts : 83
pennies : 124
Rep : 10

Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Empty
PostSubject: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Catherine Dodge and Kate Andersen Brower – Thu Feb 11, 12:00 am ET
Feb. 11 (Bloomberg) --

The blizzard and record snowfall that brought the U.S. capital to a standstill is costing taxpayers
about $100 million each day the federal government is shut.

Near-whiteout conditions left federal offices closed for a third straight day yesterday, and last night the Office of
Personnel Management announced the shutdown remains in effect for today. The office estimates that each day the government closes results in a loss of about $100 million in productivity and other costs.

Washington yesterday broke its annual snowfall record. The nation’s capital received at least 9.8 inches (24.9 centimeters), pushing the seasonal total to 54.9 inches, which breaks the old mark of 54.4 set in 1898-99, according to the National Weather Service in Sterling, Virginia.

The storm was the second for Washington in less than a week; 20 inches of snow fell over the weekend.

Many government employees are working, even as their offices have been officially closed.

“Employees either telecommute or bring work home,” said Steve Ellis, vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense,
a Washington-based watchdog group. “Not being in the office doesn’t necessarily mean not being productive.”

“The country can get by a few days without people manning the offices and the phones, but I imagine if it went much longer we would start to run into problems,” Ellis said.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:10 pm

son of a bitch, these jokers cost us money even when they don't work
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:40 am

From now on no more snow in DC...Lets make that a law. And their productivity that is lost is them spending our money.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Joebert wrote:
From now on no more snow in DC...Lets make that a law. And their productivity that is lost is them spending our money.
i'd rather pay them to not screw us up any worse
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

How about we eliminate half of them and cut the pay of the ones that are left.
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

works for me!!!!!!!!! USA thankyou C9femist
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

an them all and get off scott free
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:14 am

The government has got too big. I thought the messiah Obama was going to fix that little problem.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm

it only got bigger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day   Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowmageddon: U.S. capital standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million/day
Page 1 of 1