Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Franken Cuts Lieberman Off

Go down 
+2
KK
c/thru
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Empty
PostSubject: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:57 am

Franken Cuts Lieberman Off, Won't Let Him Finish Floor Speech
(VIDEO)

Rachel Slajda | December 17, 2009, 4:36PM

In a fun bit of drama on the Senate floor today, Sen. Al Franken cut off Sen. Joe Lieberman
during a speech, angering Lieberman's good friend Sen. John McCain.

Here's what happened; Lieberman was giving a ten-minute speech on health care reform.
Franken, who was presiding over the Senate, cut him off when his ten minutes were up.
When Lieberman requested unanimous consent for an extra few minutes to finish his speech,
Franken, in his capacity as a senator from Minnesota, objected.
And, in his capacity as presiding officer, Franken honored the objection.

After a brief moment of tension, Lieberman laughed and said he didn't take it personally,
and requested that the rest of his speech be put in the record.

Then McCain took the floor to defend his friend, saying he'd never seen anything like it.

source link

Watch:

Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:40 pm

franken is an ass. he always was. i hope he recieves the same lack of respect he shows
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:02 pm

I can't decide if Franken was grandstanding or not... I mean, rules are rules and everyone can't be granted
permission to break the time limit... but if he did it for attention or because of a personal bias then that
is abuse of power.... and soooo NOT FUNNY
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 pm

c/thru wrote:
I can't decide if Franken was grandstanding or not... I mean, rules are rules and everyone can't be granted
permission to break the time limit... but if he did it for attention or because of a personal bias then that
is abuse of power.... and soooo NOT FUNNY

the odd thing is I agree with what a lot of the things franken says in principle. many of his stated stances i can support. the problem is he never really does anything about any of them. his schtick seems to be grandstanding. in this case it wsa done becasue lieberman is of a different opinion than the rest of the party. it wasn't about rules it was about here is my chance to get you. like i said I agrre with many of franken's stances but i don't like his approach or tactics.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 am

KK wrote:
the odd thing is I agree with what a lot of the things franken says in principle. many of his stated stances i can support. the problem is he never really does anything about any of them. his schtick seems to be grandstanding. in this case it wsa done becasue lieberman is of a different opinion than the rest of the party. it wasn't about rules it was about here is my chance to get you. like i said I agrre with many of franken's stances but i don't like his approach or tactics.

LIEberman is a independant so what rest of the party are you talking about? But I think it was great. They have 10 minute then shut them up and move on. But no then McCain that blew the election by picking Palin was to stick up for his old bastard buddy. I like it.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 pm

I hope Franken will be able to retain his sense of humor after four years of witnessing all the bad comedy in the Senate.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:24 pm

You never know he may stick around for a while or may just be a flash in the pan and be gone after the next election.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:08 pm

java wrote:
I hope Franken will be able to retain his sense of humor after four years of witnessing all the bad comedy in the Senate.

listening to his comedy, did he ever really have one?
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:16 am

KK wrote:
java wrote:

I thougt he was funny at times.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:

yea, especially as the dumb ass porter in trading places Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:32 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:

yea, especially as the dumb ass porter in trading places Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_rolleyes

I wish he would have just cut old Joe's balls off.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:

yea, especially as the dumb ass porter in trading places Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_rolleyes

I wish he would have just cut old Joe's balls off.
i admire lieberman for sticking to his guns. to bad he caved
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Like he had a choice.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Giada wrote:
Like he had a choice.

he did though. they all do. and that is the really sad thing.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:37 am

KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
Like he had a choice.

he did though. they all do. and that is the really sad thing.

The sad thing is there are so many of them and we have to pay them.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:27 am

Al Franken is a glaring example of the level to which politics has sunk in this country.
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:46 am

BMG wrote:
Al Franken is a glaring example of the level to which politics has sunk in this country.

You mean there's a lower level than sewer? C9no
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Giada wrote:
BMG wrote:

yes, congress
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:09 pm

KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
BMG wrote:

yes, congress

C9crackUPslap C9crackUPslap
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:32 am

I'm not really sure why people think there is a problem with Al Frankin. He has an opinion just ike everyone else. You can agree or disagree but he still has a right to his opinion. My problem is when 90% disagee about something in the state and they do it anyway. They just stick it down your throat and then tax you to pay for it. Plus vote them selves a raise. They work for us so ahouldn't we be voting for or against their raises?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 pm

my problem with franken is while he does have a platform, much of which i agree with, he puts very little focus on it. he is a party hack. he tries to insert himself in as much controversy as possible. And I really can't think of a single good thing he has accomplished
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 pm

KK wrote:
my problem with franken is while he does have a platform, much of which i agree with, he puts very little focus on it. he is a party hack. he tries to insert himself in as much controversy as possible. And I really can't think of a single good thing he has accomplished

Not just a party hack.......buffoon of the century.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:13 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:

he's not a politician. he's like a political troll
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:12 pm

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:

I think you can find a few of those here.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:

I think you can find a few of those here.
*looks around suspiciously*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Franken Cuts Lieberman Off   Franken Cuts Lieberman Off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Franken Cuts Lieberman Off
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next