Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Vatican warns parents about Halloween

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Great Pumpkin

The Great Pumpkin

Number of posts : 54
pennies : 64
Rep : 4

Vatican warns parents about Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Vatican warns parents about Halloween   Vatican warns parents about Halloween Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:56 pm

VATICAN CITY
, Oct. 30 (UPI) -- The Vatican warned Roman Catholics this week of the dangers of Halloween and urged parents and church leaders to direct children to more wholesome pursuits.

L'Osservatore Romano, the official Vatican newspaper, ran an article Thursday with the headline "Halloween's dangerous messages," ANSA, the Italian news agency, reported.

''Halloween has an undercurrent of occultism and is absolutely anti-Christian,'' the Rev. Joan Maria Canals, a liturgical expert, told the newspaper.

Canals, a member of a Spanish commission on church ritual, urged parents to "try to direct the meaning of the feast towards wholesomeness and beauty rather than terror, fear and death.''

The holiday is believed to have its origins in Celtic festivals marking the beginning of the dark half of the year. The Irish believed that on Samhain, as their festival was called, the boundary between the living world and the world of spirits became thin. The holiday is now celebrated on the eve of the Christian feast of All Saints.

Halloween was not a traditional festival in most of southern Europe but has become increasingly popular. More than 1 million pumpkins are sold in Italy now for the holiday, and costume-makers report they are almost as busy at the end of October as they are for Carnival, the traditional festivity before Lent begins.

Vatican warns parents about Halloween Halloween-China
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

Vatican warns parents about Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vatican warns parents about Halloween   Vatican warns parents about Halloween Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:38 am

Vatican warns parents about Halloween SigninChurchyard
Back to top Go down

Vatican warns parents about Halloween
Page 1 of 1