Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation

Go down 
+3
Giada
java
c/thru
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

Number of posts : 8316

Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:50 pm

java wrote:
Wallstone wrote:
Derrick Pitts of the Franklin Science Museum said on TV last night that there is more computing power in today's cell phone than there was in all of the Apollo space program. Pretty amazing.
It's true, but on the other hand there was more computing power in a Man From U.N.C.L.E. communicator pen using Telestar communications satellites, than there is in a cell phone. For instance you never heard Illya Kuryakin or Napoleon Solo saying "Can you hear me now?"
i always wanted to be illya. had all the man from uncle stuff
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 am

KK wrote:
java wrote:
Wallstone wrote:
Derrick Pitts of the Franklin Science Museum said on TV last night that there is more computing power in today's cell phone than there was in all of the Apollo space program. Pretty amazing.
It's true, but on the other hand there was more computing power in a Man From U.N.C.L.E. communicator pen using Telestar communications satellites, than there is in a cell phone. For instance you never heard Illya Kuryakin or Napoleon Solo saying "Can you hear me now?"
i always wanted to be illya. had all the man from uncle stuff
I want to be Illya too, EVERYbody wants to be Illya cheesy
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:47 pm

quote]i always wanted to be illya. had all the man from uncle stuff[/quote]I want to be Illya too, EVERYbody wants to be Illya cheesy[/quote]

all of my friends wanted to be napolean solo. it was great. I had no competition
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 pm

I wanted to be Judy Jetson idunno
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 am

c/thru wrote:

I wanted to be Judy Robinson.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Giada wrote:
c/thru wrote:

I wanted to be Judy Robinson.
Have no fear, Smith is here! :lol:
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Near Future Super-Hero Technology   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Superhero Tech

By Paul Carlson,
Special to MSN Tech & Gadgets

We use technology everyday, often in ways our grandparents would not have thought possible.

Sure we have GPS devices, space shuttles and MRI machines – but what about tech that lets us pull off
the same cool tricks like our favorite heroes?

One of Harry Potter's most oft-used tools is his Invisibility Cloak, which allows Harry and his friends to
sneak around Hogwarts undetected.

Such a lightweight and compact cloak isn't something you'll be seeing anytime soon, however, that hasn't
stopped scientists from making small steps toward invisibility.
University of Tokyo professor Susumu Tachi created an optical camouflage system(LINK)
that simulates invisibility using a reflective material and a system of video cameras.

Meanwhile, Duke University scientists created a device that canshield an object from magnetic waves(LINK) .
Although the object would be 'invisible' to magnetic fields, it would still be visible.

But recently, scientists are getting closer in developing a "carpet cloak" (LINK) ,
a device that would use ‘metamaterials’ to bend light, in the visible spectrum, around an object.
Translation: it would be the first true invisibility cloak.

The U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has been working to develop a "powered excoskeletan" (LINK)
that could significantly amplify a soldier's strength, speed and endurance during combat.

DARPA scientists aren't looking for anything as big and bulky as an 'Iron Man' suit -- they want to create
a lightweight and flexible suit that would let soldiers jump higher, run faster and even carry several
hundreds of pounds of gear on the battlefront.

Check out a video of the Sarcos-powered exoskeleton "HERE".

If you're looking for something more Iron Man-like, then look no further than the'Future Warrior Concept' (LINK) .

The U.S. Army Natick Soldier Center is still working on an outfit that has all the features Tony Stark
would ever want: 360° situational awareness, built-in power supply and internal heating/cooling systems,
for combat in all climates. Soldiers would also be armored with 'smart textiles' designed to protect soldiers
from several potentially lethal threats, such as ballistic or chemical weapons.

If that wasn't enough, the Army's Future Force Warrior program is also working to arm tomorrow’s
warriors with several cool new gadgets. Helmets would have built-in devices to provide maps and data
to a visor display. The armor would provide full-body, bullet-resistant protection made out of Kevlar,
hard ceramics and Ferrofluid (think ‘liquid metal’).VIDEO LINK on FerroFluid

The Army plans to start using Future Force body armor technology in 2032_(LINK).

Scientists at the Joint Quantum Institute at the University of Maryland have been exploring "quantum information processing"_(LINK).
They have been able to transfer information, like the spin or polarization of a particle,
from one ion to another ion. The trick here: the information disappears from point A and
reappears (without traveling through any medium) at point B.

Link to Full Story
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:03 am

You have to watch this. It's the real thing baby
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am

Pretty amazing when you think of it. Back then it was a huge accomplishment. Now with all the technology and crap we've sent into space, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 am

Giada wrote:
Pretty amazing when you think of it. Back then it was a huge accomplishment. Now with all the technology and crap we've sent into space, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.

I still think it was pretty cool but don't see a need to go back. I think there is an orbiter going around it now mapping it. If they do as good a job as Google maps you should be able to see where they all landed. Hope they put that up to look at.

Here's another funny video.

Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:44 pm

I found 4 Look Magazines with the first moon landing on the covers! So cool. SGs
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Giada wrote:
I found 4 Look Magazines with the first moon landing on the covers! So cool. SGs

That would be a great find.
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

They were in mint condition, too. I sold them today at my yard sale.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Giada wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

May I ask, how much did you get for them? I'm curious because I used to be a collectible comic book & magazine dealer.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Giada wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

we sold them? shocked
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 am

doh!
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:43 am

KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

we sold them? shocked

Oops. giggle
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:14 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

we sold them? shocked

Oops. giggle

Must have been a blond moment.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:17 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

we sold them? shocked

Oops. giggle
i need to get to the bottom of this. those magazines were cool
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:16 am

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

we sold them? shocked

Oops. giggle

I have a couple you can look at now C9crackUPslap
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Giada wrote:

we sold them? shocked

Oops. giggle

I have a couple you can look at now C9crackUPslap

The ones with the extra long page in the middle?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:51 pm

The ones with the extra long page in the middle?[/quote]

ah the classics
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:32 pm

KK wrote:

ah the classics[/quote]

Yeah, they have good articles. giggle
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 am

Giada wrote:
KK wrote:

ah the classics

Yeah, they have good articles. giggle[/quote]

If you roll them up very tight they make a nice log for the fireplace.
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:10 pm

Another great idea! coolPeace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation   Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Celebration Recreation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next