Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York

Go down 
+2
Joebert
c/thru
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Empty
PostSubject: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Times of London
Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It is normally a moment of cheery reassurance when an airline pilot greets passengers
during preparations for take-off. But Alexander Cheplevsky sparked panic on flight Aeroflot 315
when he began to speak.

His slurred and garbled comments ahead of a Dec. 29 flight from Moscow to New York convinced
passengers that he was drunk. When he apparently switched from Russian into unintelligible English,
fear turned to revolt.

Flight attendants initially ignored passengers' complaints and threatened to expel them from the
Boeing 767 jet unless they stopped "making trouble".

As the rebellion spread, Aeroflot representatives boarded the aircraft to try to calm down the 300 passengers.
One sought to reassure them by announcing that it was "not such a big deal" if the pilot was drunk because
the aircraft practically flew itself.

Cheplevsky did little to ease passengers' fears by refusing to leave the cockpit to show that he was sober.

When he was finally persuaded to face them, witnesses said that he appeared unsteady on his feet
and had bloodshot eyes.

"I don't think there's anyone in Russia who doesn't know what a drunk person looks like," Katya Kushner,
one of the passengers, told the Moscow Times, which had a reporter traveling on the flight.

"At first, he was looking at us like we were crazy.
Then, when we wouldn't back down, he said ...
'I'll sit here quietly in a corner. We have three more pilots. I won't even touch the controls, I promise'."

LINK to full story

affraid
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:32 pm

c/thru wrote:

Times of London
Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It is normally a moment of cheery reassurance when an airline pilot greets passengers
during preparations for take-off. But Alexander Cheplevsky sparked panic on flight Aeroflot 315
when he began to speak.

His slurred and garbled comments ahead of a Dec. 29 flight from Moscow to New York convinced
passengers that he was drunk. When he apparently switched from Russian into unintelligible English,
fear turned to revolt.

Flight attendants initially ignored passengers' complaints and threatened to expel them from the
Boeing 767 jet unless they stopped "making trouble".

As the rebellion spread, Aeroflot representatives boarded the aircraft to try to calm down the 300 passengers.
One sought to reassure them by announcing that it was "not such a big deal" if the pilot was drunk because
the aircraft practically flew itself.

Cheplevsky did little to ease passengers' fears by refusing to leave the cockpit to show that he was sober.

When he was finally persuaded to face them, witnesses said that he appeared unsteady on his feet
and had bloodshot eyes.

"I don't think there's anyone in Russia who doesn't know what a drunk person looks like," Katya Kushner,
one of the passengers, told the Moscow Times, which had a reporter traveling on the flight.

"At first, he was looking at us like we were crazy.
Then, when we wouldn't back down, he said ...
'I'll sit here quietly in a corner. We have three more pilots. I won't even touch the controls, I promise'."

LINK to full story

affraid

That would freak you out!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dumbo

Hobbies : yes / no
Humor : bad
Number of posts : 56
pennies : 0
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:34 pm

hey, the co-pilot was probably going to fly the first leg anyway, and the captain had probably a 6+ hour flight to sleep it off. As we used to say, "kick a tire, light a fire..."
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Dumbo wrote:
hey, the co-pilot was probably going to fly the first leg anyway, and the captain had probably a 6+ hour flight to sleep it off. As we used to say, "kick a tire, light a fire..."

you saying you were a FlyBoy ?
Back to top Go down
Dumbo

Hobbies : yes / no
Humor : bad
Number of posts : 56
pennies : 0
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:44 pm

c/thru wrote:
Dumbo wrote:

A lifetime ago.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Dumbo wrote:
c/thru wrote:
Dumbo wrote:

A lifetime ago.

You fly with him then.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Joebert wrote:
Dumbo wrote:
c/thru wrote:
Dumbo wrote:

A lifetime ago.

You fly with him then.

LoLevil
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 pm

hmmmm get ready for another hudson river landing
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 am

KK wrote:
hey remember this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgCaPQbNK28

Like this one better... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEq62iQo0eU
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 am

KK wrote:

We will probably never see another landing and rescue like that and surely not from a drunken Russian
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
hey remember this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgCaPQbNK28

Like this one better... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEq62iQo0eU
he was funny as hell
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

We will probably never see another landing and rescue like that and surely not from a drunken Russian
seriously, that was a miraculous story
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:39 am

>"I don't think there's anyone in Russia who doesn't know what a drunk person looks like," Katya Kushner,
one of the passengers, told the Moscow Times,<

You can bet your life on that........ C9crackUPslap
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Okay now I know this is terribly tasteless (again)...

... but...

'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Wtc_meeting
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 pm

BMG wrote:
>"I don't think there's anyone in Russia who doesn't know what a drunk person looks like," Katya Kushner,
one of the passengers, told the Moscow Times,<

You can bet your life on that........ C9crackUPslap
sips vodka
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 pm

java wrote:
Okay now I know this is terribly tasteless (again)...

... but...

'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Wtc_meeting
shocked
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Like some of the picture after 9-11
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:52 pm

Joebert wrote:
I remember when that plane crashed in the potomac river and howard stern called the airline and ask if that would become a regular stop from now on.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Joebert wrote:

Yeah I've had that pic for several years but I can't help it, I'm bad, I'm guilty, it's still hysterically funny to me in some sick and twisted way. therapy
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:16 pm

java wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Yeah I've had that pic for several years but I can't help it, I'm bad, I'm guilty, it's still hysterically funny to me in some sick and twisted way. therapy
I was there that day. saw the second plane hit and both building go down. images i will never forget
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:52 am

I was there that day. saw the second plane hit and both building go down. images i will never forget[/quote]

Images I don't think any one will forget since it was played out live foor everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:46 am

Joebert wrote:
I was there that day. saw the second plane hit and both building go down. images i will never forget

Images I don't think any one will forget since it was played out live foor everyone to see.[/quote]i was close enough to see people standing on the ledges and jumping off the top floors. eeerie
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:55 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Images I don't think any one will forget since it was played out live foor everyone to see.
i was close enough to see people standing on the ledges and jumping off the top floors. eeerie[/quote]

I saw some of that film on the first few days after the explosions, but after that they took them off television and it seems like the only place you can see some of those scenes is on the internet now.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:04 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

i was close enough to see people standing on the ledges and jumping off the top floors. eeerie

I saw some of that film on the first few days after the explosions, but after that they took them off television and it seems like the only place you can see some of those scenes is on the internet now.[/quote]if you could read my mind you could see them. at first i wasn't sure i was seeing what i thought i saw. then i felt sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York   'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Revolt on Flight to New York Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next