Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

BP accused of trying to silence science on spill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Empty
PostSubject: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 am

LONDON (AFP) – The head of the American Association of Professors accused BP Friday of trying to buy the silence of scientists and academics to protect itself after the Gulf oil spill, in a BBC interview.

"This is really one huge corporation trying to buy faculty silence in a comprehensive way," said Cary Nelson.

BP is facing lawsuits after the oil spill, which has destroyed the livelihoods of many people along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.

A copy of a contract offered to scientists by BP, which the BBC said it had obtained, said scientists are not allowed to publish the research they do for the oil giant.

They are also not allowed to speak about the data for at least three years or until the government gives final approval for the company's restoration plan for the whole of the Gulf, said the British broadcaster.

BP said it had hired more than a dozen scientists "with expertise in the resources of the Gulf of Mexico," according to a statement given to the BBC.

Bob Shipp, the head of marine sciences at the University of South Alabama, said BP's lawyers had approached him and wanted his whole department.

"They contacted me and said we would like to have your department interact to develop the best restoration plan possible after this oil spill," he said.

"We laid the ground rules -- that any research we did, we would have to take total control of the data, transparency and the freedom to make those data available to other scientists and subject to peer review.

"They left and we never heard back from them."

Nelson warned BP's actions could be "hugely destructive".

"Our ability to evaluate the disaster and write public policy and make decisions about it as a country can be impacted by the silence of the research scientists who are looking at conditions," he said.

"It's hugely destructive. I mean at some level, this is really BP versus the people of the United States."

BP said it "does not place restrictions on academics speaking about scientific data," according to the BBC.

The environmental disaster began on April 20 when the Deepwater Horizon drilling platform exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, killing 11 workers. The rig sank two days later rupturing the pipe that connected it to the well.

Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:17 pm

I know stuff....lots of stuff.... I wonder how much it's worth giggle
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:47 pm

c/thru wrote:
put it on E bay to get some feelers
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

good ide'er .... I've heard of crazier sales over there ... I got a jar of fingernail clippings in assorted colors too

Hey, did you hear about the Kid that started trading on Craigslist with a phone ?
and 14 trades & 2 years later, he now has a Porsche ?
true story buzzing around right now !!!!
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:37 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

good ide'er .... I've heard of crazier sales over there ... I got a jar of fingernail clippings in assorted colors too

Hey, did you hear about the Kid that started trading on Craigslist with a phone ?
and 14 trades & 2 years later, he now has a Porsche ?
true story buzzing around right now !!!!
yea I read that one. did you know i traded a porsche for a phone? C9smile it had minutes left on it too.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:49 am

Look...now BP is paying people to just go away, far, far away ....
They don't even care if Tony talks, they/ he's ruined his rep so bad
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 am

c/thru wrote:
now the PR and image rebuilding start. I guess they firgure americans are entering the forget about it phase
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:13 am

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
now the PR and image rebuilding start. I guess they firgure americans are entering the forget about it phase

Seems every other ad on TV now is a BP ad. I had to pass one today to get gas. No more BP for me.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

Seems every other ad on TV now is a BP ad. I had to pass one today to get gas. No more BP for me.
i don't watch much tv so i haven't noticed
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:30 am

I watch while on the computer so I see a lot of ads. I'm sick of hearing about BP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BP accused of trying to silence science on spill   BP accused of trying to silence science on spill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1