Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Empty
PostSubject: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:37 pm

The American public is losing its patience with President Obama over his handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill.

In the five weeks since an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig sent hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil spilling into the Gulf of Mexico, Obama had largely escaped political fallout. But as BP attempts yet again to seal the leak, a new USA Today/Gallup Poll finds a majority of Americans unhappy with Obama's handling of the spill. According to the poll, 53 percent rate Obama's handling "poor" or "very poor"; 43 percent believe Obama is doing a good job.

Yet the poll also finds that the public tends to blame others in the mess more than it blames the White House. Asked broadly about the federal government's role, 60 percent rated the response "poor." BP got the lowest marks: 73 percent of Americans gave the company's handling of the spill a "poor" rating. Still, a whopping 68 percent say BP should remain in charge of the cleanup.

More than two-thirds of respondents called the gulf spill a "disaster," and of them, 37 percent considered it the "worst disaster in 100 years." Yet 52 percent of registered voters still support offshore drilling. That number is slightly down compared with other polls in recent weeks, including an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll this month in which nearly 60 percent of voters still agreed with offshore drilling.

[See haunting photos of the oil disaster | And hundreds more images]

What will no doubt give the White House pause is the shifting public sentiment on Obama's handling of the spill. Earlier this month, the president seemed to be escaping most of the public wrath over the disaster. An Associated Press poll released May 13 found mostly good-to-neutral marks for Obama's role in the mess: 42 percent approved, 33 percent disapproved and 21 percent said they were neutral.

But with the leak still unplugged and the economic and environmental impact only worsening, the White House has increasingly come under fire for not doing enough to handle the cleanup and control the spill. That includes criticism both from Republicans including Sarah Palin, who tried to make an issue of BP's donations to Obama's presidential campaign, and Democratic allies like James Carville, who slammed Obama for being too "hands off."

Broken down along party lines: 63 percent of Democrats believe Obama is doing a "good" job on the spill, while 68 percent of Republicans rate the president's job as "poor." Among independent voters — the voting bloc credited most for Obama's victory in 2008 — 58 percent describe Obama's job on the spill as "poor."

White House officials aren’t unaware of the shift. In recent days, they’ve stepped up their media strategy in response to the spill. Tomorrow, Obama will hold his first full-fledged news conference in nearly a year to take questions on the issue. And Friday, he is scheduled to make his second visit to the Gulf.

Will it be enough to placate an increasingly frustrated public?
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:05 am

I haven't fully decided how to divvy up blame yet....but President Obama attending that fundraiser probably not a great idea
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

c/thru wrote:
I haven't fully decided how to divvy up blame yet....but President Obama attending that fundraiser probably not a great idea
BP Screwed up. it's their fault from an executional perspective. From a regulatory perspective it's obama. the head of the minerals management group was his appointee,
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:49 am

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
BP Screwed up. it's their fault from an executional perspective. From a regulatory perspective it's obama. the head of the minerals management group was his appointee,

(Obama) oops did I do that? ( said in your best steve Urkle voice)
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

the worst of this spill is yet to come - the damage
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:34 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

And at the moment it still isn't stopped.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

and obama owns it. he even said so.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:57 pm

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

Shows you how smart he is.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

Shows you how smart he is.

he was given intelligence that said the last fix attempt was almost a sure thing. looked like it was going to work. he was ready to step in an be the hero
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill   Public opinion turning against Obama on oil spill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1