Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

the internet is EVIL

Go down 
+9
alivegenieII
The Big "O"
Edelweiss
yangying
Giada
BMG
KK
java
c/thru
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

Number of posts : 8316

the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
Reagan wasn't my favorite president by a long shot.

alex p keaton loved hm. how bad could he have been

Very bad.

he turned around a very bad economy

So did Clinton
except he increased taxes to do it, Regan did not.
Reagan ran up record deficits when he was prez. Bubba made them go away. Bubba was the best financial conservative that the Republicans never had.

reagan was handed out of control debt, the worst inflation this country has ever seen and housing interest rates up around 17% Gas prices were higher than today adjusted for time. Our defenses were stripped bare. we were starting to lose the technology wars again. he turned all of that around
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 am

A lot of that could be said for Clinton/Gore. Here this is interesting.

the internet is EVIL - Page 4 National-Debt-GDP
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 pm

by that standard nixon kicked ass, and he had the vietnam war to deal with
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Who's that Carter guy ? bigWink

I can barely remember his major achievements, I'd have to google
all I can remember is a big smile and something about peanuts and a wayward brother ? ?
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I hated Nixon best until Bush knocked him out of first. But I wasn't really paying attention to what Reagan was doing until the Iran Contra scandal came along and ran the economic news off of the front page.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

java wrote:
I hated Nixon best until Bush knocked him out of first. But I wasn't really paying attention to what Reagan was doing until the Iran Contra scandal came along and ran the economic news off of the front page.

nixon did a lot of good, he will never get credit for it because of watergate
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:39 am

Nixon and Carter didn't do bad. But Reagan and Bush kicked bad up a notch. Finally Clinton and Gore start to turn things around then idiot (Buch) son comes along and makes Reagan and his daddy look good. Now we are stuck with the King of idiots. Sadly he didn't leave Bush keep the crown. And it's going to get worse.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Joebert wrote:
Nixon and Carter didn't do bad. But Reagan and Bush kicked bad up a notch. Finally Clinton and Gore start to turn things around then idiot (Buch) son comes along and makes Reagan and his daddy look good. Now we are stuck with the King of idiots. Sadly he didn't leave Bush keep the crown. And it's going to get worse.

obama is the worst by far. but i think regan did quite well
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:00 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

I really dout I'll ever think Reagan did well just as I think Obama was a mistake...but not mine.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:08 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

I really dout I'll ever think Reagan did well just as I think Obama was a mistake...but not mine.
reagan boosted a very staggered economy, shored up our defense system and restored a lot of lost pride
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:10 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

reagan boosted a very staggered economy, shored up our defense system and restored a lot of lost pride

Didn't boost my pride.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Didn't boost my pride.

he bosted my pride and my bank account
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:20 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Didn't boost my pride.

he bosted my pride and my bank account

Reagan never helped my bank account but Clinton did.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 am

Reagan never helped my bank account but Clinton did.[/quote]

regan created the atmosphere for the yuppies. real worth growth. clinton had the tech bubble. it burst
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:35 am

KK wrote:

regan created the atmosphere for the yuppies. real worth growth. clinton had the tech bubble. it burst[/quote]

The yuppie has part of the tech bubble...that burst. So looks like Reagan was to fault.
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

Wallstone

Hobbies : marine biology/architecture
Humor : You be the judge
Number of posts : 1000
pennies : 869
Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:55 am

Nixon signed the Clean Water Act into law, was largely responsible for the EPA, and opened China to the West. He'd probably be branded a liberal and commie appeaser by the Republican Party of today.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

regan created the atmosphere for the yuppies. real worth growth. clinton had the tech bubble. it burst

The yuppie has part of the tech bubble...that burst. So looks like Reagan was to fault.[/quote]

but at the time there was capitol matching the assets behind them. it was afterwards they became value on paper only
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

The yuppie has part of the tech bubble...that burst. So looks like Reagan was to fault.

but at the time there was capitol matching the assets behind them. it was afterwards they became value on paper only[/quote]

Oh really, so Clinton some how turned assets into thin air. He's better than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

Wallstone

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:49 am

Reagan also raised taxes -

From a 10/2003 article by conservative economist Bruce Bartlett:
Quote :
Reagan may have resisted calls for tax increases, but he ultimately
supported them. In 1982 alone, he signed into law not one but two major
tax increases. The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act raised
taxes by $37.5 billion per year, and the Highway Revenue Act of 1982
raised the gasoline tax by another $3.3 billion.
According to a recent Treasury Department study, TEFRA alone raised
taxes by almost 1 percent of the gross domestic product, making it the
largest peacetime tax increase in American history. An increase of
similar magnitude today would raise more than $100 billion per year.
In 1983, Reagan signed legislation raising the Social Security tax
rate. This is a tax increase that lives with us still, since it
initiated automatic increases in the taxable wage base. As a
consequence, those with moderately high earnings see their payroll
taxes rise every single year.
The following year, Reagan signed another big tax increase in the
Deficit Reduction Act of 1984. This raised taxes by $18 billion per
year or 0.4 percent of GDP. A similar sized tax increase today would be
about $44 billion.
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 raised
taxes yet again. Even the Tax Reform Act of 1986, which was designed to
be revenue-neutral, contained a net tax increase in its first two
years. And the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987 raised taxes
still more.
The year 1988 appears to be the only year of the Reagan presidency,
other than the first, in which taxes were not raised legislatively. Of
course, previous tax increases remained in effect. According to a table
in the 1990 budget, the net effect of all these tax increases was to
raise taxes by $164 billion in 1992, or 2.6 percent of GDP. This is
equivalent to almost $300 billion in today's economy.

Link to source
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Reagan also set an unparalleled moral example for thousands of kids nationwide to light up for the first time.

the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Reaganad2
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

but at the time there was capitol matching the assets behind them. it was afterwards they became value on paper only

Oh really, so Clinton some how turned assets into thin air. He's better than I thought.[/quote]

all part of his deregulation. companies over extended and didn't have the assets to back up the value of the stock they sold
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 pm

java wrote:
Reagan also set an unparalleled moral example for thousands of kids nationwide to light up for the first time.

back in the day when a doctor would tell you to have a smoke to relive stress. Actually regan was the most agressive president against drugs and drunk driving
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 am

KK wrote:
java wrote:

back in the day when a doctor would tell you to have a smoke to relive stress. Actually regan was the most agressive president against drugs and drunk driving

Mostly what he did was say what people wanted to hear, then do what ever he wanted. I think I'm starting to like Reagan even less now. Keep talking.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:44 am

Isn't Nancy Reagan the one who started the "Say No to Drugs" campaign / slogan ?

and the pharmaceutical companies are prosperous as ever idunno
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Remember the time when he had to testify before the Iran Contra committee? And he didn't answer any questions, but just kept saying, "Well, I just don't have that kind of a memory." And the whole nation wondered, if that might not have actually been truthful...
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

Wallstone

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:23 pm

java wrote:
Remember the time when he had to testify before the Iran Contra committee? And he didn't answer any questions, but just kept saying, "Well, I just don't have that kind of a memory." And the whole nation wondered, if that might not have actually been truthful...
The "I Don't Recall" defense, A.K.A. Alberto Gonzales Disease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the internet is EVIL   the internet is EVIL - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the internet is EVIL
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next