Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Number of posts : 426
pennies : 3
Rep : 2

Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea   Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Bush_un200
President Bush speaks at the United Nations
General Assembly meeting Sept. 23, 2008, at UN
headquarters in New York City. Getty Images

World
Bush Urges U.N. Opposition To Nuclear Proliferation

President Bush speaks at the United Nations General Assembly meeting.

NPR.org, September 23, 2008 · President Bush told the United Nations General Assembly Tuesday that world leaders must continue to oppose nuclear proliferation, and he urged them to enforce sanctions against Iran and North Korea.

"We must remain vigilant against (nuclear) proliferation," Bush said in his final address to the annual assembly of world leaders.

The president also said that Syria and Iran continued to sponsor terrorism, although he said the number of terrorists is fewer.

Bush also said he realizes that other nations are watching how the United States deals with the financial meltdown that is shaking the global economy. He said that his administration is working with Congress to come to fast agreement on a $700 billion bailout bill, in addition to other recent actions he called "bold steps" aimed at stabilizing markets and keeping credit flowing.

"I am confident we will act in the urgent time frame required," he said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has said the global financial crisis affects all of the U.N.'s development and anti-poverty programs. Developing countries are already facing high food and energy prices.

Ban called for a new approach with less uncritical faith in the magic of markets. "If ever there were a call to collective action, a call for global leadership, it is now," he said.

Related NPR Stories

Sep. 23, 2008
President Bush Bids U.N. Farewell
Sep. 22, 2008
Expert Weighs Whether Terrorists Will Go Nuclear
Sep. 22, 2008
Congress Urged To Back Nuclear Deal With India
Aug. 6, 2008
Evaluating Al-Qaida's Nuclear Strategy
July 24, 2008
U.S. Approach To 'Axis Of Evil' Shifts

Source: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94930511
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blurts : smilies will inherit the earth
Hobbies : code
Humor : binding
Super Powers : early spambot detection Number of posts : 177
pennies : 10000095
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea   Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Quote :
.... $700 billion bailout bill ....

is this referring to more than the AIG *ahem* resolution ? I hadn't seen a price tag on it yet....

BRB....

yep... that's it...

Paulson and Bernanke Warn of Costs of Bailout Delay

By John Poirier and Glenn Somerville WASHINGTON (Reuters)
Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:55pm EDT

U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on Tuesday
urged Congress to act swiftly to put in place a $700 billion financial system bailout, warning delay
would put the economy at risk. Testifying before a sometimes-skeptical Senate Banking Committee,
they said financial markets were in serious stress and needed to be stabilized quickly
by cleansing them of illiquid assets.

Paulson wants lawmakers to approve a massive war chest, funded by taxpayers,
to buy distressed debt from financial institutions to try to keep credit markets from choking up.

FULL STORY

even I have lived long enough and paid enough attention to have seen this crap before ...
I remember the Savings & Loan scandal in the 90's, I saw one of the owners of some retail space
I was using go straight to jail, but for a fluffy sentence overall ...he had also owned a local S & L there
in Texas and went down with a few of the other minor league players while some of the biggers one walked...

This one is really, really bothering me this time...
Back to top Go down
http://cloud9.roflforum.net
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea   Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Bush. He be, like, The Man.

Why does he have to stir up all this shit right before the election? I mean, the dude is a lame duck just causing problems that somebody else will have to handle. What a ASS.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea   Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:39 pm

don't they always do something like that...push a few things through that will benefit their allies ...
and leave a smoldering ember to hopefully cause a little tarnish for the next President's reputation
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea   Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:54 pm

wire wrote:
don't they always do something like that...push a few things through that will benefit their allies ...
and leave a smoldering ember to hopefully cause a little tarnish for the next President's reputation
Yah. And, it's not as if the fires weren't already raging plenty way-too-much out-of-control either... it's already a goddamn hell of being set on fire and cut to pieces over there... and our goddamn state department just keeps fanning the goddamn flames. I would sincerely love to see Condaleezza Rice roasting on a spit. No really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea   Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bush Urges U.N. to Sanction Iran & North Korea
Page 1 of 1