Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Empty
PostSubject: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:00 pm

I was just watching this National Geographic special about the Mars rovers. They were saying that the rovers had explored Mars in a way that no other planet has ever been explored besides Earth. I'm thinking that would be a cool way to explore the far side of the Moon.

Of course we can't afford to do that anymore because we need that money now for blowing stuff up on Earth. Ah whell.
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:16 am

never saw the show, but if they jacked up the AI a little bit, and ensured that the about 1oo of them, do as much of a surface geological study as possible
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 4:01 am

java wrote:
I was just watching this National Geographic special about the Mars rovers. They were saying that the rovers had explored Mars in a way that no other planet has ever been explored besides Earth. I'm thinking that would be a cool way to explore the far side of the Moon.

Of course we can't afford to do that anymore because we need that money now for blowing stuff up on Earth. Ah whell.

What I would like to see is them come up with a way I could operate my snow blower from inside the house. That I could use. We could also spend the money on looking at putting a snow machine at the north pole so we keep the ice deep enough for the polar bears. evil grin
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Number of posts : 426
pennies : 3
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Alberta Boy wrote:
never saw the show, but if they jacked up the AI a little bit, and ensured that the about 1oo of them, do as much of a surface geological study as possible
These two rovers worked partly but AI and partly by remote control. They had a NASA study team working on them around the clock and kibitzing all their moves, making decisions, like, choosing the alternative paths they might travel in order to try to optimize the sun angles on their solar panels, and such things. The things remained operational for months and stayed in service long past the time they expected them to break down and become unusable. I found this link and video about the show or it might have been a different show on the same subject...

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/science/space-sci/exploration/mars-rovers-sci.html?source=pincl
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:42 am

joe wrote:
Alberta Boy wrote:
These two rovers worked partly but AI and partly by remote control. They had a NASA study team working on them around the clock and kibitzing all their moves, making decisions, like, choosing the alternative paths they might travel in order to try to optimize the sun angles on their solar panels, and such things. The things remained operational for months and stayed in service long past the time they expected them to break down and become unusable. I found this link and video about the show or it might have been a different show on the same subject...

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/science/space-sci/exploration/mars-rovers-sci.html?source=pincl

It's pretty cool that we sent something to Mars, buy why? What will it really matter.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Number of posts : 426
pennies : 3
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Answering unanswered questions, piquing scientific curiosities, that's a big part of what the human race is all about. The Mars Rovers are not only much less expensive than sending human astronauts, they are also more effective... they last longer and can do more and they can do things that would not be practical for humans to attempt. In a lot of cases, they can do things and go places that would simply not be possible for humans.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:36 am

joe wrote:
Answering unanswered questions, piquing scientific curiosities, that's a big part of what the human race is all about. The Mars Rovers are not only much less expensive than sending human astronauts, they are also more effective... they last longer and can do more and they can do things that would not be practical for humans to attempt. In a lot of cases, they can do things and go places that would simply not be possible for humans.

But Bush wants to send humans to Mars facepalm

Maybe we can send him abduct
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:42 am

are we running low on that government cheese?
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:35 am

c/thru wrote:
are we running low on that government cheese?

We are running low on government brain cells! peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon   They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They should send a couple of those Mars rovers to the Moon
Page 1 of 1