Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos Empty
PostSubject: Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos   Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 am

race bater. Obama is getting desparate. Way to promote race barriers. imagine if a white president did this.

WASHINGTON – A day before the pivotal midterm elections, President Barack Obama pulled back from remarks he made last month when he called on Latino voters to punish their "enemies" on Election Day. In an interview Monday with radio host Michael Baisden, Obama said he should have used the word "opponents" instead of enemies.

Republicans were quick to criticize the president's remarks. House Minority Leader John Boehner was expected to use Obama's words in an election eve speech in Ohio to paint the president as a staunch partisan.

"Sadly, we have a president who uses the word 'enemy' for fellow Americans, fellow citizens. He used it for people who disagree with his agenda of bigger government," Boehner said, according to prepared remarks released in advance of his speech.

Obama's original comments came during an interview with Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo, a Hispanic radio personality. Piolin questioned how Obama could ask Latinos for their vote when many don't believe he's worked hard to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

Obama responded: "If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,' if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder."

The president said Monday that the message he was trying to send was that voters need to support lawmakers who stand with them on the issue.

"Now the Republicans are saying that I'm calling them enemies," Obama said. "What I'm saying is you're an opponent of this particular provision, comprehensive immigration reform, which is something very different."

With Republicans poised to score sweeping victories in Tuesday's election, Obama has been imploring the Democratic base to vote in hopes of turning some close races in his party's favor.

Though Obama had no publicly announced campaign events on his schedule Monday and Tuesday, the president has been doing radio interviews targeting young people, African-Americans and voters in key states. He was also to hold a conference call Monday night with campaign volunteers in Florida, New Hampshire, New Mexico and Hawaii.

Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos   Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:24 pm

I thought Obama was supposed to be a uniter. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos   Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:35 pm

BMG wrote:
I thought Obama was supposed to be a uniter. Rolling Eyes
obama ws supposed to be a lot of things. turns out like the size thing, they were all myths
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos   Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:04 pm

ahhh...it was a little faux pas and he was man enough to address it....

the Tea Party, on the other hand, has so many outspoken hatemongers ...
I don't even know who to list first - after Palin, that is

Link : Tea Party Hate Speeches -
The Hater Party: How Right-Wing Candidates Have Turned Hate Into Political Currency
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos   Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 pm

c/thru wrote:
ahhh...it was a little faux pas and he was man enough to address it....

the Tea Party, on the other hand, has so many outspoken hatemongers ...
I don't even know who to list first - after Palin, that is

Link : Tea Party Hate Speeches -
The Hater Party: How Right-Wing Candidates Have Turned Hate Into Political Currency
he tried to race bate the polls and failed. he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos   Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1