Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Great Solar advantages

Go down 
+3
KK
fleamailman
Kleger17
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

Number of posts : 570

Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:26 pm

("...ah, but one goes from there a step further, that is since one know that the latest linux is untried, so one installs an older tried version, hence I am on mint linux 7 where mint 9 has out now, that is simply that I am someone who neither follows the crowd nor the cutting edge either..." mentioned the goblin who would no doubt one day take up each technological innovation in its turn but no until it was old hat then)
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 pm

fleamailman wrote:
("...ah, but one goes from there a step further, that is since one know that the latest linux is untried, so one installs an older tried version, hence I am on mint linux 7 where mint 9 has out now, that is simply that I am someone who neither follows the crowd nor the cutting edge either..." mentioned the goblin who would no doubt one day take up each technological innovation in its turn but no until it was old hat then)
so when you upgrade your operating system what about the rest of the stuff that goes along with it like Ram, processing speed, memory. does that all get upgraded too?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

pennies : 614
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:49 pm

"...one only needs to upgrade material where there is need to, for example 512ram works well under linux where windows 7 needs 1024ram at least..." simply the goblin matched the material to the os each time, adding "...if you do a live CD test each time, you can't go wrong, simple one boots the system onto the ram first seeing if the computer runs perfectly under linux, then if you like what you see, one installs, whereas if you sees that something is not right, one turns off the computer extracting the CD, where the next time one turns on the computer it will run as before because nothing was ever loaded onto the harddrive in the test..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cfVBLFkX2A&feature=related
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:54 pm

ah, but my solar system produces 10.5 KW of power while my demand is at least 3 KW less. And with ever improving appliance efficiencies my demand continues to drop. meaning my system contiunes to produce increasingly more than i need. why do i need to wait for this new advanced technology? it seems you are inconsistent in your demands on new technology.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:12 pm

("...and if some better technology turns up where the outlay is less and the returns are greater..., ..." replied the goblin again, so the best thing was probably wait and see, adding "...I suppose there is a right moment for all of us, where the goblin would love a solar laptop now...")
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 pm

KK...you are really green aren't ya ...that's so cool

I have a solar powered flashlight...that's a start idunno

and...WoW...you boys can sure make a spambot feel welcome lolFlag
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 pm

fleamailman wrote:
("...and if some better technology turns up where the outlay is less and the returns are greater..., ..." replied the goblin again, so the best thing was probably wait and see, adding "...I suppose there is a right moment for all of us, where the goblin would love a solar laptop now...")
returns can't be greater. they are all based on funding and subsidy. they only allow you to install what you need. Don't ask me why ? a ten kw system is a 10 kw system. you get srecs based on what you produce. you get a rebate based o nthe cost of your system, so a cheaper system would yield less of a rebate. besides, right now i am making money off it. it doesn't cost me. if i waited i'd be making nothing and paying for my utilities. now i make money and pay nothing. it's a win / win
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:41 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK...you are really green aren't ya ...that's so cool

I have a solar powered flashlight...that's a start idunno

and...WoW...you boys can sure make a spambot feel welcome lolFlag

Green confused I'm cheap lol C9smile

what gave it away, the solar? the recycled tires?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:34 am

"...meet the human spambot..." went the goblin introducing himself, not really human mind you, less greedy than them

Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Osama

Last edited by fleamailman on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 am

fleamailman wrote:
("...meet the human spambot..." went the goblin introducing himself)

i sse your spam and raise you another
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 am

"...ah, but would that be fair to the original spambot if one hijacks the thread of other spamming purposes then, is there no honor amongst spammers here..." mused the goblin moments before going back to work

Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Obama-whcd-l
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:47 pm

perhaps next time he'll take his spam elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blurts : smilies will inherit the earth
Hobbies : code
Humor : binding
Super Powers : early spambot detection Number of posts : 177
pennies : 10000095
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Kleger17 wrote:
posted June 08, 2010 __
Investing in solar energy is today a wise thing to do, considering the soaring fossil fuel prices and its shrinking supply.

Last edited by Kleger17 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

OK Kleger17 .... whatcha doing around here, and why via New Dehli ?
Back to top Go down
http://cloud9.roflforum.net
Jats

Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:37 am

"... whereas..." Jats chips in with a contrary view "...why pay for anything in this throwaway society..." knowing full well he will be doing someone a favour in the future by taking that old solar panel off their roof before it goes in the skip on its way to landfill, and by replacing a few duff cells will be having it on his own roof instead "...its the future..." as Jats looks up the address now on his way to get a free computer for the boys to play with, where with Linux installed it will be good as new "...yes let the wage slaves pay for it now, I'll have it for free then, just later...."

Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Scrap+computers
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:38 am

my system is producing about 30 kw a day. even in the winter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Solar advantages   Great Solar advantages - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Solar advantages
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2