Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Our Solar Project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am

Well we've gone solar at our shore house. The nice thing will be no more dependence on oil and no more utility bills. Plus it will be really cool producing clean energy. As we produce energy now our meter spins in reverse. The excess we produce gets sold back to the power company. Another cool thing is one of the readouts we get on the main monitoring box beside how much power we are generating is how much Carbon has not been produced as a result of our clean energy. NJ is a pretty progressive state on supporting Solar Energy. In the municipality our house is located in the building inspector said the had 14 permits issued for solar in the last 3 months. That is very engouraging. We need to do everything we can to reduce our dependence on foriegn oil and help out our environment.

Our Solar Project DSC00535

Our Solar Project DSC00537

Our Solar Project DSC00540
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:05 pm

pity reply, no one cares
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blurts : smilies will inherit the earth
Hobbies : code
Humor : binding
Super Powers : early spambot detection Number of posts : 177
pennies : 10000095
Rep : 12

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

oopppssss...have a rec

I didn't even see it yet

I've been multi tasking ... and some stupid board drama has flared up at an old stomping ground *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://cloud9.roflforum.net
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 am

I would so vote for you USA
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:19 am

Admin wrote:
oopppssss...have a rec

I didn't even see it yet

I've been multi tasking ... and some stupid board drama has flared up at an old stomping ground *sigh*
I really believe this is the way to go. It is free, clean energy
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 am

c/thru wrote:
I would so vote for you USA
if it were up to me every roof top in every corporate park would be covered with solar panels. Clean, renewable and efficient. I can not understand why we are not taking full advantage of this technology
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 pm

KK wrote:
pity reply, no one cares

"...no we do, maybe the are just jealous like me that you have a shore house too, does that mean its by the beach? Marvellous KK, I am well impressed, tell me is that enough for all your electrical needs, more details please, with kilowatts and other technical things..."
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:32 am

Jats wrote:
KK wrote:
pity reply, no one cares

"...no we do, maybe the are just jealous like me that you have a shore house too, does that mean its by the beach? Marvellous KK, I am well impressed, tell me is that enough for all your electrical needs, more details please, with kilowatts and other technical things..."

Jats yes, that means by the beach. In New Jersey. It's where we plan to retire. We are in the process of fixing it up to our liking right now. The house was ideal for solar. Everything is electric including heat, hot water and cooking. No gas or oil. So this will meet 100% of our needs. Our estimated max demand is abotut 7K. We put in a 10K system to be safe and cover any potential additional demand. Since we won't be living in the house for a few years full time, right now we are selling the energy produced back to the power company. Between the Government rebates, SREC credits and energy we sell back the system should be paid off in less than 5 years. And on top of it we will have no more utility bills. It's nice to sit there and watch the power meter spin backwards for a change.
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 am

"...again that is marvellous and you could always supplement with a log burner or a wind turbine if need be as I would need to here where the sun doesn't always shine so much, but nice to have it confirmed in the real world that solar technology is good enough now..." and Jats can not resist asking "...now that wouldn't be an Obama government scheme you are taking advantage of would it..."
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Jats wrote:
"...again that is marvellous and you could always supplement with a log burner or a wind turbine if need be as I would need to here where the sun doesn't always shine so much, but nice to have it confirmed in the real world that solar technology is good enough now..." and Jats can not resist asking "...now that wouldn't be an Obama government scheme you are taking advantage of would it..."
the system is designed to produce 10k in the area we live. Cloudy, rainy, snowy days average are factored in to the calculation. We do heat the house we currently live in with wood, which is why you see all the pictures of me with chainsaws and log splitters. We burn about 5 chords of wod a winter and i cut it all. . No, the incentives are mostly state incentives not federal. The SRECS which are the buld of the incentive are state. Obama did continue to support and i believe increased the percentage slightly of the federal rebate. but that is one time. NJ is one of the most favorable states for installing solar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Solar Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Solar Project   Our Solar Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Solar Project
Page 1 of 1