Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?

Go down 
+2
java
KK
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Empty
PostSubject: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am

FRIDAY, April 2 (HealthDay News) -- No firm evidence exists that body piercing indicates mental illness, but doctors might consider screening patients with body piercings for high-risk behaviors and for psychiatric symptoms, such as suicidal thoughts, say researchers who reviewed 23 published studies.

The analysis found that the reported prevalence of body piercing ranged from 6.8 percent to 14 percent in the general population and from 4.3 percent to 51 percent among teenagers and young adults. Females were more likely than males to have body piercing, which was associated with a wide range of potentially harmful behaviors, such as alcohol use, smoking, drug use, high-risk sex, Russian roulette and problem gambling.

Three large studies found that body piercing was related to antisocial activity in adolescents. Body piercing was more common among women with low constraint (being impulsive and thrill-seeking) and who express anger verbally. The analysis also found that body piercing is significantly associated with high negative emotionality and low positive emotionality in young females.

"A number of studies provide evidence of an association between BP and high-risk behaviors and point to a possible relationship with certain personality traits and self-reported psychopathological symptoms. However, many of the included studies are based on samples of adolescents or college students, where these behaviors might be more frequent than in other age groups. This age bias might have produced this apparent similarity. Furthermore, although the associations described in the literature are significant, the small effect size in more recent publications suggests that BP may be becoming an increasingly normal practice and should perhaps not be considered as a marker of deviance," the researchers noted.

"In most studies reviewed in this paper, psychopathological symptoms as well as BPs were both self-reported, introducing a possible social desirability bias. However, this review of literature indicates that it could be useful for general practitioners to screen for high-risk behaviors in body-pierced subjects and for psychiatric symptoms such as suicidal ideation, and to help patients explore the role of BP in their identity."

The paper is published in the journal Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:48 pm

I know a kid who used to stick straight pins in his leg. He would pinch a hunk of leg and slowly stick the pin all the way in, leave it there for a minute or so, and then slowly pull it out. Wouldn't bleed at all but it didn't seem to do much damage. The pins were not exactly sterile, he would lick them first before sticking them into himself. He tells me he doesn't do that anymore. I asked him why he ever did it, and he said, "Kids do crazy things."
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 pm

I dont much like body piercings or tattoos. I would never hire an applicant that had either showing when the person wore the normal clothing for the job applied for.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 pm

BMG wrote:
I dont much like body piercings or tattoos. I would never hire an applicant that had either showing when the person wore the normal clothing for the job applied for.
depends on the piercing. i like belly button ones. i even think a small diamond post in the nose can look good. tattoos, depends what they are and where they are
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:24 pm

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
depends on the piercing. i like belly button ones. i even think a small diamond post in the nose can look good. tattoos, depends what they are and where they are

True, some are quite tasteful but I'll never get anything like that. Just not my style.

I prefer a bone through my nose...... giggle
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:05 am

I think If I was a doctor I would want to screen my patients but now that we are Obamanation that won't be happening on his watch. Hope his watch only last another 3 years.
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 am

deviance for sure giggle

ears and belly button. thats it.

for now.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:43 am

What no nipples, eyebrows, nose and private parts?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 pm

jjjamesjchrist wrote:
deviance for sure giggle

ears and belly button. thats it.

for now.
i love the belly button piercings
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:31 am

I love them all...lol
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:27 am

Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

i know people with nipple and labial and penis piercings, but i just dont see how or why... i mean OUCH! shocked shocked shocked
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:33 pm

jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

i know people with nipple and labial and penis piercings, but i just dont see how or why... i mean OUCH! shocked shocked shocked
personally, i hate them
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 am

KK wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

personally, i hate them

OK how about the big ear lobes? You have to love that look.

Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? 134693361_c94f2310f7
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm

jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

The WHY is what I dont get. Dont get it at all.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 am

BMG wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

Most that are getting tattoo's are going to be think WTF did I do that for. Nothing like a tramp stamt when you turn 60...doh!
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

personally, i hate them

OK how about the big ear lobes? You have to love that look.

Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? 134693361_c94f2310f7
not at all
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:14 pm

BMG wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

i don't see the appeal at all
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:10 am

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

It's like tattoos but but you can remove them.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

no, it's chunks of metal where i'd rather they not be
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 pm

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
I love them all...lol

no, it's chunks of metal where i'd rather they not be

That's why WE don't have them.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 am

That's why WE don't have them.[/quote]

i've got one in my ear
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:14 am

KK wrote:

i've got one in my ear[/quote]

Hum, you aren't Mr. Clean are you?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

i've got one in my ear

Hum, you aren't Mr. Clean are you?[/quote]

i keep it very clean
Back to top Go down
angello

angello

Number of posts : 4
pennies : 5
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 am

Hm... I think piercing is ok in our time
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:36 am

angello wrote:
Hm... I think piercing is ok in our time

Its a personal choice and theres nothing deviant about it but its not for me. I see it as a fad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice?   Body Piercing: Sign of Deviance or Normal Practice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next