Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Empty
PostSubject: McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?   McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:00 pm

I rarely go to McDonald's for anything, but this morning I was feeling particularly lazy, and bored with eating cereal, so I went there to get a sausage and egg sandwich and hash browns, which are two of the only things they make which are actually fit to eat. The coffee was just okay... it tasted just like I remembered McDonald's coffee as tasting like.

But when I got home and finished my coffee, I went back to my Folgers' "Classic Roast" coffee... strangely it didn't taste quite as good. So I wondered to myself, "Self? How did this happen? You/I/we have been drinking Folgers' coffee for years... you/I/we always liked it better than any fast food coffee before!"

Just one of life's little mysteries, I guess. Sometimes, I drink Folgers' Columbian coffee, sometimes, the Classic Roast. Usually it depends on which one is on sale...

And, that reminds me! I also hate Wal-Mart, but, like a lot of people, I shop there sometimes because they've squeezed a lot of their competitors out of the marketplace, and, in a small town like this, this puts them in a position where they are often the only store that sells certain commodities that I feel I just have to have. Lately, they have squeezed into the coffee business lately and sell the large cans of Folgers' coffee at a discount price... or, do they? Hah! Whell, I noticed last time that the label on my Columbian coffee looked a little different than the label on the last one I got at the grocery store, so I decided to check 'em out a little more carefully.

Then, I noticed it. The can I got at Wal-Mart was about 1/2 inch SHORTER than the can I got at the grocery store! Examining the containers a little more closely, I saw that the seemingly lower price offered by Wal-Mart was very misleading... the Wal-Mart can was labeled as a 27.8 oz. (1 Lb. 11.8 oz.) (788 g) can, which said it could make up to 240 6-oz. cups. The grocery store can, however, was labeled as a 34.5 oz. (2 lb. 2.5 oz.) (978 g) can, which said IT could make up to 270 6-oz. cups.

This might not explain why the McDonald's coffee tasted better than the Wal-Mart coffee. But it explains a lot.
Back to top Go down
Madison

Madison

Hobbies : reconciling c/thru
Humor : sexist
Super Powers : faux feminism reparations Number of posts : 621
pennies : 299
Rep : 20

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?   McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Oh shit... wipes coffee spray from screen

gonna post a quick one before I even read your OP ...

you changed AVs again.... instant rolling on floor lau

that pic is just the epitome of comic genius
Back to top Go down
Madison

Madison

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?   McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:54 pm

java wrote:

This might not explain why the McDonald's coffee tasted better than the Wal-Mart coffee. But it explains a lot.

funny again...

and that's a good tip ...

as far as coffee sometimes tasting better 'out' ...I can only think that maybe it's if the etablishment uses filtered water?
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?   McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Aw yer jus' sayin' that to make me feel good... (it's workin')

Maybe it is the water... you are probably right... or maybe I'm just bored of drinkin' Folgers' coffeesez alla time... but it goes better with my hate campaign to blame Wal-Mart... those bastards! tantrum
Back to top Go down
Madison

Madison

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?   McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:44 pm

kinda related ....

I found some Coca Cola last year at like Big Lots or something...it was in the old school bottles and labeled for a foreign country.. I bought a few for nostalgia...you know, the bottles...just for fun...anyways...they tasted so much better

I looked at the label and noticed they used cane sugar instead of corn syrup, like most mainstream sodas made for U.S. are using nowadays, including Coca Cola... it made a huge difference in a great taste
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?   McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:48 pm

I'll be darned. I'm not a big soft drink drinker these days but when I was a kid I used to love the things & usually that meant Coke. I hardly knew what Pepsi tasted like until I was in my teens. My mom would let us have one Coke per week, that was IT...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?   McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine?  WTH? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McDonald's coffee tastes better than mine? WTH?
Page 1 of 1