Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on

Go down 
+7
KK
Joebert
java
joe
c/thru
Alberta Boy
Madison
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Madison

Madison

Hobbies : reconciling c/thru
Humor : sexist
Super Powers : faux feminism reparations Number of posts : 621
pennies : 299
Rep : 20

McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Empty
PostSubject: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:57 pm

McDonald's wooing the Starbucks faithful
Posted Dec 11 2008, 12:56 PM by Todd Harrison

Starbucks employees driving to the corporate headquarters in Seattle are greeted
with a billboard proclaiming, "4 bucks is dumb."

It's part of the campaign for McDonalds' latest offering: Espresso -
and the hamburger chain plans to slug it out with Starbucks on price.
That looks like a smart move in the current economy.

Other billboards in western Washington State, including some near Starbucks,
declare "large is the new grande" as McDonalds launches class warfare
against what it sees as a hopelessly snobby competitor.

So far, Starbucks has remained blissfully above the fray.
The bet: Its customers would never go to McDonalds for a small, medium or large anything.

FULL STORY ___LINK

well, this should be good for a few laughs ... we'll see who cracks first in this heavyweight troll-down
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 am

Don't drink coffee - to me it tastes foul. Sorta like McDonald's food. So this is rdefinitely one corporate war I will not get caught in the cross fire of.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:57 am

Starbucks marketing upscale burgers and potato strands to compete with McDonald's addition of
14,000 baristas and coffee bars complete with free wireless and avante garde lounge decor.

Starbucks potato strands __ $3.95

McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on 9437_110
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Number of posts : 426
pennies : 3
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:20 pm

c/thru wrote:
Starbucks marketing upscale burgers and potato strands to compete with McDonald's addition of
14,000 baristas and coffee bars complete with free wireless and avante garde lounge decor.

Starbucks potato strands __ $3.95

McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on 9437_110
That would be worth it but only if I get to keep the cup.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:40 pm

you just like it coz it looks like a spacecraft ...LOL
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Number of posts : 426
pennies : 3
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:50 pm

c/thru wrote:
you just like it coz it looks like a spacecraft ...LOL
I admit I was going to use it to make some starter crop circles.
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Do they make crop circles in potato fields?
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:13 am

Crop circle making aliens have come to Earth to steal all our vodka. Fact.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 pm

and WTH are these ?

McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Haybal10
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:46 pm

c/thru wrote:
and WTH are these ?

McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Haybal10
Modular crop circles?
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:02 am

Madison wrote:
McDonald's wooing the Starbucks faithful
Posted Dec 11 2008, 12:56 PM by Todd Harrison

Starbucks employees driving to the corporate headquarters in Seattle are greeted
with a billboard proclaiming, "4 bucks is dumb."

It's part of the campaign for McDonalds' latest offering: Espresso -
and the hamburger chain plans to slug it out with Starbucks on price.
That looks like a smart move in the current economy.

Other billboards in western Washington State, including some near Starbucks,
declare "large is the new grande" as McDonalds launches class warfare
against what it sees as a hopelessly snobby competitor.

So far, Starbucks has remained blissfully above the fray.
The bet: Its customers would never go to McDonalds for a small, medium or large anything.

FULL STORY ___LINK

well, this should be good for a few laughs ... we'll see who cracks first in this heavyweight troll-down

I say it will never happen. coffee
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:24 am

Just sucked down another starbuck bottle of frappuccino and I have a card in my pocket for a free McD coffee and I'll probably never use it. But the way people are smartly cutting back I still don't thing they can out do Startbucks. Even with the layoffs I just heard about.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 am

I can remember when restaurants only charged a dime for a cuppa coffee.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:42 pm

java wrote:

I haven't been to a Starbucks for a while but I do go to Sam's Club and buy the bottled frappuccino and also the instant coffee - cappuccino. It is excellent and I'm not sure what eah cup cost because you just use a scoop per 6 onnces. It's going to take a while to drink it all but the cost isn't even close to $5. I think when I'm finished it's going to be close to a quarter a cup. And it is excellent, very good taste.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Joebert wrote:
java wrote:

I haven't been to a Starbucks for a while but I do go to Sam's Club and buy the bottled frappuccino and also the instant coffee - cappuccino. It is excellent and I'm not sure what eah cup cost because you just use a scoop per 6 onnces. It's going to take a while to drink it all but the cost isn't even close to $5. I think when I'm finished it's going to be close to a quarter a cup. And it is excellent, very good taste.
I loved the cheap cappuccinos you could get at any gas station on the road in Europe but I don't care quite so much for the Starbucks kind or the ones at other US coffee bars I've visited, which are much heavier on the milk. I tried a cappuccino once at a nice Americanized hotel in Paris and it was just like the typical US kind.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:49 pm

java wrote:
Joebert wrote:
java wrote:

I loved the cheap cappuccinos you could get at any gas station on the road in Europe but I don't care quite so much for the Starbucks kind or the ones at other US coffee bars I've visited, which are much heavier on the milk. I tried a cappuccino once at a nice Americanized hotel in Paris and it was just like the typical US kind.

hahaha...well one of the nice things about making your own at home is you can use water or milk depending on what you like. I just made another one and I just use water but I use those HUGH cups like you use to see on Frinds if you ever watched that. Every once and a while I use some instant irish cream coffee to give it a mint taste. I'm not in Europe often but if I go back I'll check them out there.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Joebert wrote:

hahaha...well one of the nice things about making your own at home is you can use water or milk depending on what you like. I just made another one and I just use water but I use those HUGH cups like you use to see on Frinds if you ever watched that. Every once and a while I use some instant irish cream coffee to give it a mint taste. I'm not in Europe often but if I go back I'll check them out there.
They came in tiny porcelin cups like espresso cups and were little more than an espresso with a little fluff of dairy stuff they whipped up with the cappuccino machine, and a few sprinkles of sugar and maybe some cinnamon on top of that. It had the official milky stuff in it, just not very much... not really even enough to lighten the color of the espresso underneath, which still looked black... the little fluffs of creamy stuff weren't usually even big enough to completely cover the surface of the espresso in the cup.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:14 pm

java wrote:
Joebert wrote:

They came in tiny porcelin cups like espresso cups and were little more than an espresso with a little fluff of dairy stuff they whipped up with the cappuccino machine, and a few sprinkles of sugar and maybe some cinnamon on top of that. It had the official milky stuff in it, just not very much... not really even enough to lighten the color of the espresso underneath, which still looked black... the little fluffs of creamy stuff weren't usually even big enough to completely cover the surface of the espresso in the cup.

Not only does that not sound good it sounds like a rip-off. Wonder what a HUGH cup of cappucino like mine would cost. Sut I'll keep making mine at home. The only thing I EVER get at a Starbucks store is a frappuccino but I have them hold the whip cream. The last one I had was while in NYC where there is a Starbucks on just about every corner.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Joebert wrote:

Not only does that not sound good it sounds like a rip-off. Wonder what a HUGH cup of cappucino like mine would cost. Sut I'll keep making mine at home. The only thing I EVER get at a Starbucks store is a frappuccino but I have them hold the whip cream. The last one I had was while in NYC where there is a Starbucks on just about every corner.
Well these cappuccinos were really cheap and tasted good, better than the milkier kind to me. We would order 3 apiece at each stop sometimes and still have time to drink them down before it was time to get back on the bus... they cooled quickly.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:41 pm

java wrote:
Joebert wrote:

Well these cappuccinos were really cheap and tasted good, better than the milkier kind to me. We would order 3 apiece at each stop sometimes and still have time to drink them down before it was time to get back on the bus... they cooled quickly.

Glad to hear they were good. Hope they were cheap if you needed to order 3 at a time...lol.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:28 pm

java wrote:
same here. even when you were broke you still had enough for a cup of coffee
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:29 pm

one thing cool about starbucks is every employee gets health care coverage
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 pm

hahhaaha...oh shit ..this topic came back to life and I was reading thru it and realized
I pulled a "Flannel - wannabe" and never confessed...

Starbucks does not have those fries with the cool cup.... sorry Java
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:47 am

KK wrote:

I have a feeling that might change.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

I have a feeling that might change.
i think a lot of things we are used to will change. there is way too much waste
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on   McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McD's vs. Starbucks ...the coffee war is on
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next