Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming

Thousands of people buy hybrid cars, use fluorescent bulbs, and bring reusable bags to the grocery store
in the hopes of reducing global warming. But now psychologists are expressing concern that such efforts,
while doing nothing to appreciably limit emissions, are instead engendering "warm and fuzzy" feelings
that can increase body temperature and contribute to global warming.

A panel of scientists showed reporters infrared images of people shopping for a Prius, buying organic foods,
and using low-flush toilets. They all demonstrated increased "warm and fuzzy" emissions.

“While what these people are doing isn’t appreciably affecting global temperatures,” said one scientist,
“what they’re feeling while doing it is.”

The panel concluded the slight rises in body temperature caused by feel-good activities would most likely
offset the negligible effect they have on the environment.

The psychologists called people suffering from this affliction "enviro-mental" cases and suggested
mitigating measures, such as dousing with cold water, to help them snap out of it.

“And when dousing,” said one scientist, “please use regular tap water, not bottled water.”

Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Warm%2Band%2BFuzzy
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 pm

C9crackUPslap

Love it
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:37 pm

so true. we try to impact the least significant elements of the problem. using solar energy could address at least 40% of all fossile fuel use right away.
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 pm

KK wrote:
so true. we try to impact the least significant elements of the problem. using solar energy could address at least 40% of all fossile fuel use right away.
I don't think they are going to reduce fossil fuel emissions by much, at the Copenhagen summit, it looks more to me like it's going to be about levying more taxes to feed the big banks... can't help but notice that, whatever big panic/'crisis" we have, the big banks always come out of it making even more money than before.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
I don't think they are going to reduce fossil fuel emissions by much, at the Copenhagen summit, it looks more to me like it's going to be about levying more taxes to feed the big banks... can't help but notice that, whatever big panic/'crisis" we have, the big banks always come out of it making even more money than before.
because it isn't about global warming, it's about making more money off it. who pays in the end? you and me
Back to top Go down
phluffy

phluffy

Blurts : lolcat wants me
Hobbies : chasing dustbunnies
Super Powers : smuggling, looking innocent Number of posts : 139
pennies : 178
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:31 am

warm and fuzzy's for lameass posers - hot and phluffy's the ticket
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 pm

phluffy wrote:
warm and fuzzy's for lameass posers - hot and phluffy's the ticket
woody was the biggest poser of them all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming   Scientists Say "Warm and Fuzzy" Feelings Generated by Environmental Initiatives Increase Global Warming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1