Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

the last person the person here wins

Go down 
+12
Angelica
Lady Snipe Dragon
Giada
BMG
Admin
Jats
Madison
angello
Joebert
KK
c/thru
fleamailman
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

Number of posts : 570

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:29 am

("...time for something different..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere,

Quote :
Is traditional publishing dead?

"...various reasons do seem obvious though..." replied the goblin now, continuing "...first, put yourself in the shoes of the reader here, given the choice between reading a book or meeting the author on line, given the choice of paying for the book or reading something free here, given the choice between just being stuck only reading the book or being able to shoot comments and question back directly..." the goblin paused, sipped his morning coffee once more, and then continued "...now put yourself in the author's shoes, given the choice between a declining physical book market or a growing internet one, given the choice between the constraints of the publishing world or the freedom of this internet, given the choice between not knowing ones true readership or simply looking a ones hitcount, the choice between a slowly declining book writing model against an ever growing livewriting one....", in fact, the goblin had no published books, wrote badly, and was dyslexic to boot, but he had one thing going for him, simply that whereas most writers kept their best stuff for their blogs and books, he actually wrote in the posts themselves, no wonder his hitcount was what it was then

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 23924bd1
Back to top Go down
angello

angello

Number of posts : 4
pennies : 5
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 am

I am a winner! C9peaceGrin
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

pennies : 614
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:51 am

("...desist humans, one mad goblin is enough here..." replied the goblin who love the dark background now)

the goblin wants to be by the seaside now, he wants to paddle the cold retreating surf just above those crashing waves looking for that ever elusive carnelian that shines with the reflected setting sunlight on his way homewards, somehow the goblin knew that if he ever found that gem it would be a gift from the great sea herself to him alone, something worth far more than anything a jeweler could ever offer

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Loveoftwosouls-2
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 am

Joebert wrote:
Why did the banks make risky loans? It was greed. 0% down only suckers would make a loan like that. I waited and saved, and saved some more. Paid off my first house so I could use it as equity. Used my lot that was already paid for and stock as equity. It was more than enough to pay for the whole house. So they gave me a loan. That's how they did business and why they didn't need a bail out.
because acorn sued that loan practices were discriminatory and clinton agreed
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:52 pm

repost from a goth's site "last post" thread,

lonely Gothic hearts page:

Wanted, "would be goth" seeks female for deeply depressive emotional lamentations upon the nature of death, melancholic visits to nighttime graveyards, and general makeup sharing, if at all interest please contact ben s bernanke care of the board of governors of the federal reserve

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Emo-emo
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Ben only sets prime. he doesn't establish lending practices
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 am

Quote :
Ben only sets prime. he doesn't establish lending practices

"...true, adjusting the prime is not going to mean much if no one will lend money in the first place, but the fed regulates the amount of money in circulation, where more money is being printed at this point than at any point in its previous history, icy dicey in practice then

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 StudyforReconfigured
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:53 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :

I think maybe you'll win this competition Flea - you never run out of things to say

"...too true..." replied the goblin, adding "...but it's a battle against ones own indifference here, in that first one sets a quota like "one post a day", asking oneself " what in my life is worth posting", types out a text, perhaps adding a matching picture to dress it, only then one posts the result across as many "last post" threads as one can so as not to lose it, afterwhich one just dies like everyone else...", at which point most think "well why bother then" but the goblin knew that that was the difference between a "shared" and an "unshared" life, and that most people hadn't the slightest clue what that meant as they were probably too caught up in their dailylife and that bidding of the moneygod again to simply see it for themselves, where the goblin just spelled it out now, saying "...their Muse sleeps I guess, that's their choice then, but not mine, I want to know myself by what I post..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 DH01_03
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:42 am

I like to keep it plain and simple. how i run my life .
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:13 am

the goblin's life seemed more "short and sweet" than "plain and simple", where those ever more evident and ominous shadows were falling over it now, saying "...what's is the point in knowing about that which one can do nothing about anyway...", it was as if the clown had lost his smile here, so was it god's rage at man's blunders then, or something coming anyway, whichever, only that between "post glacial rebound" and the "financial collapse" things were business as usual now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B4uL179io&feature=channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjRWp6qJ7bs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YddIuwHJtQs&feature=related

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Clown
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:33 am

fleamailman wrote:
repost from elsewhere

Quote :

I think maybe you'll win this competition Flea - you never run out of things to say

"...too true..." replied the goblin, adding "...but it's a battle against ones own indifference here, in that first one sets a quota like "one post a day", asking oneself " what in my life is worth posting", types out a text, perhaps adding a matching picture to dress it, only then one posts the result across as many "last post" threads as one can so as not to lose it, afterwhich one just dies like everyone else...", at which point most think "well why bother then" but the goblin knew that that was the difference between a "shared" and an "unshared" life, and that most people hadn't the slightest clue what that meant as they were probably too caught up in their dailylife and that bidding of the moneygod again to simply see it for themselves, where the goblin just spelled it out now, saying "...their Muse sleeps I guess, that's their choice then, but not mine, I want to know myself by what I post..."

I like this post ... forums have been a very interesting ride for me this past 3 years .. I have learned a bit about
human nature, mine included, which is the best part.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:47 am

c/thru wrote:
fleamailman wrote:
repost from elsewhere

Quote :

I like this post ... forums have been a very interesting ride for me this past 3 years .. I have learned a bit about
human nature, mine included, which is the best part.

I'm still hung up on bidding the moneygod everyday idunno

I learned a few things about myself through the eyes of others. posting with someone over time tends to break down a lot of the barriers or false impressions we make of ourselves. maybe not intentional ones, but they are there. it's also a very unique look at someone, because so much of our impressions about someone is the physical. pyhsical appearance creates preconcieved notions. here, that element is taken away and you see the person differently.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:50 am

the goblin too, who was really enjoying this thread and felt he had to put a little bit more into his posts, perhaps the goblin would do a few more depictions then, somehow he was not seeing what he saw for what it meant, saying "...depictions force one to describe it, which in turn forces one to look at it more closely...", the muse was watching, her trick was either to give the idea to the goblin outright, or to jump in half way through his text and change everything to her liking, which admittedly was normally mad enough to have the goblin running behind her to trying to keep up with the beauty of it, simply, she was like ones granny doing a poll dance, where one doesn't want to actually look, nor miss it for the world

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 FEELINGS
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:53 am

my attempts are not to lead or sway, but to give a perspective. my perspective. Or sometimes just to get a laugh.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:20 am

(the goblin like the huckleburry, saying "...you feed me well, I like this thread very much now...")
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 am

I told you i was your huckleberry C9smile
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 pm

("...since you seem to be both tolerant and friendly, I've put your forum up on the livewriter's gig thread somewhere, where like me the others tend to turn up, open up their own random thread, thus feeding off your replies as I do, forgive if they don't post much elsewhere though, they're pretty committed as it is, they easily achieve 10000 hits threads..." mentioned the goblin appreciating he level of posts so far)

repost from elsewhere

"...how smart you are to have guessed it then..." mentioned the goblin who simply explained, saying "...posters post, writers write, but live writers cheat, they feed feed feed...", somehow the goblin remembered the story where hell is supposed to have spoons that so long to feed oneself with, whereas in heaven those same spoons were used to feed others with, saying "...well you feed me, I feed the slot, all spoon feeding then..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Mother_child
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 pm

10,000 hits here for me to reply to would really help my postcount.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:39 pm

("...nah, one can create a high postcount just by posting, whereas a high hitcount is a gift from others..." replied the goblin now, adding "...hitcount divided by postcount is readership here...")

the goblin welcomed those who welcomed him, simply saying "...what I post into my posts is what I get out of them, yes but also they are a reflection of myself, perhaps all posts reflect their poster in that way...", and with that thought the goblin's mind went back to a picture in the London's National Gallery where a well painted portrait of a man is looking down at one with the caption "if you have nothing better than silence, remain silent", yet the goblin hated that caption, "...how will I even know if I had something better than silence if I remained silent..." asked the goblin to the man in the portrait

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 ROSASelfPortrait
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm not opposed to talking to myself when needed.

Silence is not golden when it comes to a chat board.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:14 pm

("...I like your replies huckleburry..." went the goblin truthfully)

"...do you think I talk to myself slot...", "...no goblin you've got the muse and me to talk to, but mind you what with innerman lamenting the superficiality of outerman, and outerman craving "this, that, and the next thing", the wonder is not if you do actually talk to yourself, it's more how you can ever get a word in edgeways...", "...hello you two..." said the muse who popped in from the back room "..I heard that, is that you goblin worrying about whether you talk to yourself then...", "...um, well I, um...""...yep, he sure is, muse...", the slot had noticed the goblin was seated looking down at his shoes woefully, the muse put her hands down on his shoulders from behind him "...there there goblin I am sure you're not talking to yourself, any schizophrenic will tell you that much...", the man in the mirror found the whole image rather appealing as the goblin lifted his hand to his shoulder placing it on hers saying "...thanks muse but..., ...", "...goblin..." she moved around the chair to look at him clearly, then, placing a lone finger on his lips as only a woman could do, spoke softly "...anyone can post but only mad people make interesting posters, leave sanity for shallow people, we're different...", "...that's better Your Madnessty..." joked the slot as the goblin started typing his hapless posts again

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 1570651142_5d65d78821
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:18 pm

I never claimed to be completely sane. I have my quirks for sure. harmless ones. They harm no one else, don't even harm myself. I'm at peace with where my head is at. Took me time to get there I guess, but it's a pretty good place to be.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:42 pm

("...ah no huckleberry, you have to have eccentricity to have individuality now, I wouldn't be here if you were normal..." replied the goblin who wouldn't exist in he had been normal either)

the goblin's muse, the goblin ventured, was a daughter of a lesser god perhaps, but he loved her no less for it, if anything he loved her more for it, "...my muse is madness, her gifts are more infinite and her adventures unguessable..." explained the goblin who had seen her so often touch his sane and mundane world with her magic depth

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Morning
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:21 pm

actually I'm compulsive. I put my mind to something and just go. it doesn't have to have any meaning or purpose.
But on some things I am very persistent. almost fanatical.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:04 am

("...whereas I am easy, an opportunist perhaps, one who forages on whatever is going..." replied the goblin at home here, adding "...to post is to publish is it not...")

repost from elsewhere

the poster had won, as had the goblin many times to date too but there was always only one "last post" and only the one "now" to post it in, "...it is like picking up a handful of sand and letting the grains slip gently through ones fingers..." mused the goblin "...there are so many things yet to post and so many things that I have posted but just like the sand they are somehow less attractive than the falling grains of the present situation..." the goblin was simply trying to say, that for him, winning the game was less of a prize than the adventure than sifting through the sand of what one could post here

the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Alonemn5
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:03 am

when opportunity knocks. the journey is great an all. but i stll always go for the trophy. so i can hide it away in a closet somewhere and forget all about it rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person the person here wins
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next