Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

hiking the appalacian

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

hiking the appalacian Empty
PostSubject: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Hiking along the appalacian. I can't tell you how much harder it was hiking in 2 ft of snow vs an open trail. lots of hills here too

The fists two pics are the same shot taken 3 months apart. pretty cool

hiking the appalacian DSC00553
hiking the appalacian DSC00827

hiking the appalacian DSC00819

hiking the appalacian DSC00820

hiking the appalacian DSC00821

hiking the appalacian DSC00822

hiking the appalacian DSC00823

hiking the appalacian DSC00824

hiking the appalacian DSC00825

hiking the appalacian DSC00826

hiking the appalacian DSC00828

hiking the appalacian DSC00829

hiking the appalacian DSC00830

hiking the appalacian DSC00831

hiking the appalacian DSC00832

hiking the appalacian DSC00833

The bridge was kind of washed off the stream into the woods ;shrug; we had some reall heavy rains a few weeks ago

hiking the appalacian DSC00834

hiking the appalacian DSC00835

sometimes the most interesting perspective is not in front of you, it's up

hiking the appalacian DSC00836

hiking the appalacian DSC00837

At the end of the trail the KK mobile is waiting. . Dirty and covered with road salt but welcomed.

hiking the appalacian DSC00838
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I am not a hiker, but give kudos to those that do.

As to you car being dirty, my SUV looks worse for wear than yours, and all I did was drive it from home to work! That only shows that snow in those parts of the US, are cleaners than our parts... C9no
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:29 pm

Angelica wrote:
Great pics, thanks for sharing. I am not a hiker, but give kudos to those that do.

As to you car being dirty, my SUV looks worse for wear than yours, and all I did was drive it from home to work! That only shows that snow in those parts of the US, are cleaners than our parts... C9no
i drove down to the jersey shore and back in this storm. i got all the salt and sand from the parkway. I really hate that stuff.

hiking is great. I used to do a lot more of it. long stuff too. now, it's mostly short treks
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:23 pm

Great pics again KK ... nice ride...the KK mobile...LOL.... tint those windows !!
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 pm

c/thru wrote:
Great pics again KK ... nice ride...the KK mobile...LOL.... tint those windows !!
yea, the cops love that around here. it is a great ride. very smooth. first time i used it in the snow too. it handles great. it does like to eat the gas though
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:13 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
yea, the cops love that around here. it is a great ride. very smooth. first time i used it in the snow too. it handles great. it does like to eat the gas though

I'm glad you got around safely ...

this was my first snow & ice adventure with Satin...she did fine ...
but I still drove ultra slow because of other unpredictable drivers
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:23 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

I'm glad you got around safely ...

this was my first snow & ice adventure with Satin...she did fine ...
but I still drove ultra slow because of other unpredictable drivers
I've never driven the Jag in the snow. That's a big heavy car though so it should do fine. I've had honda's for at least the last 15 years and they have been great. but i gave my car to my son last year when his got totalled. he was at a light and someone with an SUV road up over him. We are thinking of getting and SUV again next year. Giada has an Altima that she doesn't really like. it's not the best in the snow either.

but there really are some horrible drivers out there. you have to watch out for them, because they are dangerous
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

Number of posts : 570
pennies : 614
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 pm

("...beautiful pictures, how far is civilization from that walk then..." asked the goblin, thinking of dartmoor again, where switzerland too, had either places with people or impossible places without them, just there seems no middle ground now)
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm

fleamailman wrote:
("...beautiful pictures, how far is civilization from that walk then..." asked the goblin, thinking of dartmoor again, where switzerland too, had either places with people or impossible places without them, just there seems no middle ground now)
Flea, those pictures were taken about 5 minutes from my house. But a week after the snow the only ones to have used the trail were myself and the deer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hiking the appalacian   hiking the appalacian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hiking the appalacian
Page 1 of 1