Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

The Search for God

Go down 
+3
Angelica
Lady Snipe Dragon
c/thru
7 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

The Search for God   Empty
PostSubject: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:53 pm

that's the title of the next chapter in my Philosophy class, which opened back up today after
the short Holiday break ....

I'm not sure I'm in the mood to hear all my classmates banter about this coz I predict, much like
trying to discuss these things on forumns, there's gonna be hijacks and meltdowns giggle

here's the topic study & discussion outline :

The Cosmological case for God

The 1st cause argument

The Design argument

The Ontological argument

The problem of Evil : Atheism & Theism response

it's the Holidays, for Jesus' sake
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:17 am

Troll'em with "Jesus was the ultimate cult leader".. coolshadetip
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 am

“It is faith that got me through this and just praying all the time and just relying on God and knowing that He is on our side and we’ll get through this,” Bristol Palin.

If God exists, I hope to him he’s got bigger things on his plate than Dancing With The Stars or we’re all fucked.

ANGEL: Lord, those people in Africa are starving again.
GOD: Dude, not now. Bristol’s feeling weight-conscious because she ate at McDonald’s again after rehearsal.
ANGEL: Forgive me, Father. They probably should’ve been born in America anyway.
GOD: Damn right, son. High five!

C9crackUPslap C9crackUPslap C9crackUPslap

*unknown blogger*
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Angelica wrote:
“It is faith that got me through this and just praying all the time and just relying on God and knowing that He is on our side and we’ll get through this,” Bristol Palin.

If God exists, I hope to him he’s got bigger things on his plate than Dancing With The Stars or we’re all fucked.

ANGEL: Lord, those people in Africa are starving again.
GOD: Dude, not now. Bristol’s feeling weight-conscious because she ate at McDonald’s again after rehearsal.
ANGEL: Forgive me, Father. They probably should’ve been born in America anyway.
GOD: Damn right, son. High five!

C9crackUPslap C9crackUPslap C9crackUPslap

*unknown blogger*
bristol has faith and she was rewarded. the heathens on the plains did not so they starve
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 pm

c/thru wrote:
that's the title of the next chapter in my Philosophy class, which opened back up today after

I'm not sure I'm in the mood to hear all my classmates banter about this coz I predict, much like
trying to discuss these things on forumns, there's gonna be hijacks and meltdowns giggle

The 1st cause argument

The Design argument

The Ontological argument

Actually, the holidays for Jesus' sake are near the end of the month of December. And then again in a sort of wandering time line in the spring. I think these ones are for the sake of ripe and completed harvests. And the knowledge that superior technology would soon allow the settlers to take over the indigenous peoples traditionally held lands. I like my name sakes harvest festivals better. To honour Dionysus, who everybody got good and liquoured on wine and had massive orgies. He is the Greek party God.

Dionysus is the god of wine and drunken revelry in Greek mythology. He is a patron of the theater and an agricultural/fertility god. He was sometimes at the heart of frenzied madness that led to savage murder. Writers often contrast Dionysus with his half-brother Apollo. Where Apollo personifies the cerebral aspects of mankind, Dionysus represents the libido and gratification.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:02 am

Alberta Boy wrote:

Actually, the holidays for Jesus' sake are near the end of the month of December. And then again in a sort of wandering time line in the spring. I think these ones are for the sake of ripe and completed harvests. And the knowledge that superior technology would soon allow the settlers to take over the indigenous peoples traditionally held lands. I like my name sakes harvest festivals better. To honour Dionysus, who everybody got good and liquoured on wine and had massive orgies. He is the Greek party God.

Dionysus is the god of wine and drunken revelry in Greek mythology. He is a patron of the theater and an agricultural/fertility god. He was sometimes at the heart of frenzied madness that led to savage murder. Writers often contrast Dionysus with his half-brother Apollo. Where Apollo personifies the cerebral aspects of mankind, Dionysus represents the libido and gratification.

good to know cheesy
Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:00 am

c/thru wrote:
good to know cheesy

I can be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, coolshadetip
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Alberta Boy wrote:
c/thru wrote:

The 1st cause argument

The Design argument

The Ontological argument

I loved Greek and Roman History. Mythology is fun and interesting and, surprisingly, tied into religion.
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Giada wrote:

I loved Greek and Roman History. Mythology is fun and interesting and, surprisingly, tied into religion.

When you read books on Paganism, Mythology etc, and then you read parables from the Bible, you start to see the similarities. It is not that the old religions took from the new, but the other way around.

The reasoning behind that is; the newly minted christians needed to incorporate as many people into their new religion, and the only way was to assimilate as much of the old pagan religion as possible..this also included a lot of Druid ceremony. Thus making it viable for many to come into their fold and accept their concept.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:22 pm

a quote from Tango this morning....

The Golden Rule

Those who have most of the gold, make the rules
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:24 pm

c/thru wrote:
a quote from Tango this morning....

The Golden Rule

Those who have most of the gold, make the rules
That is true.. C9_Preachy
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Angelica wrote:
Giada wrote:

When you read books on Paganism, Mythology etc, and then you read parables from the Bible, you start to see the similarities. It is not that the old religions took from the new, but the other way around.

The reasoning behind that is; the newly minted christians needed to incorporate as many people into their new religion, and the only way was to assimilate as much of the old pagan religion as possible..this also included a lot of Druid ceremony. Thus making it viable for many to come into their fold and accept their concept.
see i like the liberal theory. there is no god. therefore there is no reason to act honorable on earth. after all there is no afterlife and no reward of heaven. and look what it's done for us. as we have forced god and church out of our lives we are living in a more moraless world. how progressive of us Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 pm

it just gets better and better...

"...It's the religious god fearing types I worry about the most with their holier than thou beliefs, that mad look in their eyes, that spawn the hypocritical drunks, the kiddy fiddling Priests, with their rants and their sermons on who is right and who is wrong, it's never themselves for they have God on their side, indoctrinated, get them when they are young, the message inserted as a small child, to later in life, free the beast inside..."

The Search for God   Gunmo0
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:28 pm

i'm right, if you don't agree with me you're wrong. simple
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 pm

KK wrote:
i'm right, if you don't agree with me you're wrong. simple
The Search for God   5zc3wwp
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:39 pm

The Search for God   Ymca-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Search for God    The Search for God   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Search for God
Page 1 of 1