Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

the last person the person here wins

Go down 
+12
Angelica
Lady Snipe Dragon
Giada
BMG
Admin
Jats
Madison
angello
Joebert
KK
c/thru
fleamailman
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

Number of posts : 570

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:59 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Quote :
suddenly the vision flashed across the goblin's mind of an eagle whose talon held the lizard's tail up in triumph, but the goblin just laughed, saying "...ah but the lizards are still at large, very artful of those regimes to offer up their democratic tails here..."
Fleamailman, I'm not sure I understand you but at least the lizard can regrow his tail.. Running off laughing at the Eagle. So I guess the Eagle had lunch and the lizard got away. Win, win!

the goblin was merely stating that the real artists were the cronies of those regimes who, together with their military support, that run counties like egypt, where when faced overthrow choose to lose their dictators, their tails then, while keeping the rest of the lizard firmly in place, so the goblin just said "...for example, hosni mubarak agrees to hold an election is six month's time, "not good enough" cries the plebs, so he resigns handing over power to general whathisname, who then says "ok folks, elections in six month's time again" and the crowd is appeased with the tail, not noting that it is exactly what hosni mubarak offered in the first place, ample time for the cronies to regroup and whisk away the country's wealth, win/win it is not, well not for the egyptians who have let the lizard out-smart them with a tail...."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Mubarak-the honorable President

Last edited by fleamailman on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

pennies : 614
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 am

repost from elsewhere

"...the worst compliment is the one that stops you continuing, besides what on writes only has to please one person now, the one who has to live with what he has written..." mentioned the goblin continuing "...for imagine if you liked it and no one else did, would you stop writing because of them, van gogh perhaps, or conversely imagine they loved it and you alone didn't, would you become doyle churning out sherlock holmes book...", so the goblin played to the crowd, yes, but he wrote for himself

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Crowd62
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Edelweiss suggests the latest revolutions in the Mid East will finally drive home to any hold-out Americans
the truth about our military operations and political involvements
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

("...your mother is very wise..." replied the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, death of someone on the forum

"..so put in a good word for me up there then..." asked the goblin in his passing post, adding "...and know that forumland, and moreover this forum too, the one which you helped create here, continues ever at a pace now, where each one of us, like so many fireflies in a night's sky perhaps, dance beneath the heavens, dashing lights against set ones, perhaps we all become those stars in the end..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Grave
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:33 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...those counties that have oil are safe, the others can go to the dogs for all it matters..." replied the goblin, adding "...simply if you've got oil then you have friends in high places, so watch the price of oil now, the buildersburg, for want of a better name for them, are going to flex their oil muscle-power where they need instability, not stability here, an excuse for putting up the price on the one hand, and a means to entrust that our attention is diverted too, so who would miss a chance like this then..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 13gas_graphic
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:52 am

Quote :
Quote :
one click on the lupus forum soon nips that forums are for fun conjecture in the bud..." replied the goblin, where there were many very real and serious forums out there, adding ...and you can't converse with a book
Goblin, you're missing the point. Yes, serious subjects are discussed on forums, and yes, they're interactive, which a book isn't. So? It's not either/or. I don't get paid for posting on forums, and I don't get off by posting in a particular style on hundreds of forums, as you obviously do. I don't care if I make an "internet presence" -if I did, I'd put my name and links to my books in my sig. And I'm not going to find whole, great information and stories like what I recently bought below on any forum. I don't count free chapters of fantasy crap on some unpublished writer's blog as worth reading. If that's all we end up with because publishing is on a decline, the velocity of our dumbing-down is going to increase with lightning speed.

"...ah now, I like that post, proves you've been holding back on us, even if I feel the truth to be the opposite, in that, walk into any bookshop and it's the publishing world has lots of fastbuck books by crap authors, whereas forumland, because it has no financial incentive, leaves readers to make their own choices upon the merit of what one is reading, and so no, this is not dumbing down, for you only have to look at the posts on this thread alone to see if anything our minds are sharpened by our [s]mudslinging[/s], whoops, correspondence then..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...but you are right though, I did see my mother, for all her wealth and ability, go mentally inactive and socially disengaged just like so many other old like her, till she drowned alone in merlin's cave, simply, "livewriters feed" and I will be known by my posts now, promise, or at least I will know myself by those posts then..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Sadness_8_by_scarabuss
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 am

repost from elsewhere, writers infighting over which genre of writing is better

"...well it's no wonder I remain anonymous on forumland..." voiced the goblin again, somehow breakfast was no longer that casual newspaper-read over toast and coffee that it had once been, where even the television too seems so contrived, to skip over the important factors in life, that it hardly seemed worth watching now, yes, oil had peaked, and yes, america was never going to leave iraq while the remaining oil supply would either go to the highest bidder or to those firmly in place there, moreover, everyone knew that the dollar's debt of trillions was just insurmountable, so the goblin just said "...it's all just borrowed time now, where everything you see, and everywhere you look, is all fossilfuel based products, so within this context then, can one seriously be arguing here about whether one genre of book is more important than another, while we're soon reaching seven billion people on our planet now, and where most agriculture is fossilfuel dependent, the fertilizer from natural gas, transportation, etc., so now, with this in mind and with a writing ability less than those around me here, I'll let you tell me what I really should be using my pen for..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 4-2-2_03_hunger_buchenwald
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:05 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Facebook is a form of modern madness:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/22/social-networking-cyber-scepticism-twitter
What do you think?

living next to an old age home, and still haunted by those memories of his mother surrounded by a bunch of lone silent old folk parked forgottenly in front of a droning television, the goblin's attitude remains one that normal socializing ill serves the old here, saying "...and perhaps facebook is not the answer either, since facebook too is very dependent on visuals such as ones looks and status, etc., so just give me forumland, let me hide my age and looks for their superficial irrelevance to our communication now...", in fact, since the goblin was the only one in the bistro this wet dull gray morning, he had asked the owner to turn off the pop music for once, whereupon a silence reminiscent of a library had taken over from there then, yet within this silence his mind eagerly raced across those written words typed upon the open slot once more, saying "...so why shout when you can talk, and why talk when you can write it down, and why just write when you can readily communicate it across forumland, yet I can still shout where need be, but do I really need to shout where you can hear my voice clearly through these words you read of me..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Massive-Attack%E2%80%99s-Saturday-Comes-Slow-by-Adam-Broomberg-and-Oliver-Chanarin-
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:07 pm

repost from elsewhere, the subject of photos in avatars again

the goblin came clean, saying "...thanks for hiding your photos then, for now I can go back to seeing you from what you write, unhampered by how you look that is, which you'll agree is beyond your control, can't be proved, and has nothing to do with here anyway...", in fact, the goblin thought the book idea for the avatar was perfect, and suggested using the same username and avatar for each forum across forumland as a uniform and acceptable plug of product so to speak, saying "...my mother, in her heyday, had both fame and fortune from both writing and illustrating, yet she didn't grasp the ideas of remaining mentally active and socially engaged, so the years passed and the rest you know..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 2388224316_52d6e848db
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 am

repost from elsewhere

"...and now for the oil panic..." went the goblin enjoying the posts again, but feeling under the weather himself through overwork, albeit the easiest of work under a cloudless blue sky too, adding "...just this shadow of fear then, where everything about my life today is wonderful save for whatever that shadow could be, for it's like hearing in the back of my mind the smith's song panic where always I smile knowing that britain could never change like that, but then I look across to france now, sensing that the panic that morrissey was singing about, that refrain of "I wonder to myself" then, was not so far-fetched after all...", in fact, the goblin felt much like macbeth looking across at the forest of complacency gradually moving towards him, yes he couldn't see the wood for the trees, yet somehow he knew that those modern media witches were revealing the news all too neatly to their advantage

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Macbeth_2
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:38 am

repost from elsewhere, the "What's the biggest problem you face when writing?" thread

and then the goblin showed, saying "...well in livewriting anonymously, I suppose it's getting the distance to those around one right...", at which point the goblin remembered that he had written about this before, saying "...those readers, the one who actually reply, are like a pack of wolves, where one shares this prey of rapport and lets them feed one ones posts too, but at the same time one doesn't lose sight ones own goal, ones journey to self here, for it's all too easy to become an unseen writer on some writer's forum, or the wittiest troll on their site too, in fact could become any kind of anything according to which forum/forums one frequents then, but the goal has to remain to know oneself by what one posts, where there is only this forumland here and oneself wherever and whenever one posts, just an open slot on a screen each time, accompanied by a ticking clock and that infinite choice of words to make each post count towards ones tally then, simply the rest is a transient distraction here..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 4379182890_18be3fdf26_z
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:00 am

fleamailman wrote:
repost from elsewhere, the "What's the biggest problem you face when writing?" thread

and then the goblin showed, saying "...well in livewriting anonymously, I suppose it's getting the distance to those around one right...", at which point the goblin remembered that he had written about this before, saying "...those readers, the one who actually reply, are like a pack of wolves, where one shares this prey of rapport and lets them feed one ones posts too, but at the same time one doesn't lose sight ones own goal, ones journey to self here, for it's all too easy to become an unseen writer on some writer's forum, or the wittiest troll on their site too, in fact could become any kind of anything according to which forum/forums one frequents then, but the goal has to remain to know oneself by what one posts, where there is only this forumland here and oneself wherever and whenever one posts, just an open slot on a screen each time, accompanied by a ticking clock and that infinite choice of words to make each post count towards ones tally then, simply the rest is a transient distraction here..."

the list includes, but not limited to :

1) who really cares about my ideas or opinions
2) I'm still studying english so my grammar is just slightly above mediocre
3) some things I would like to write about are projects I don't want usurped
4) not enough time in the day
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:48 am

"...you're a wise one, but the only problem, as ever is it seems, is the one that actually stops one, the others are livable with..." replied the goblin again, adding "...my biggest problem is that there are not enough posters like c/thru, and not enough forum like cloud 9, where the majority of posters on forumland are useless to me, simply they read my stuff, noted by the hitcount, but they don't take it upon themselves to reply, yes it's livable, but it's also a pity now, since the thread goes at the pace of the replies on it..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 100724-75

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:49 am

repost from elsewhere

"...ah now, those lines soon told me that you're a writer then...", went the goblin quite sincerely here, adding "...truth is that most literature is actually narrated and yet, apart from that narrow perimeter of those roleplaying threads, most posters repeatedly write in some all too dunce standard monotone, which is ok for most posters perhaps, but a big pity when it comes to writers who should be able to do the most fluid posts on forumland, no not offering extracts of their books elsewhere but actually writing in whatever they do, where each post could be an taste of themselves or their book then...”, in fact as crazy as it may sound now, the goblin was on the writer's side here, he actually wanted them to be known by their posts too, for he could then fed on what they wrote, “...ah now, nothing like anonymous recognition is there goblin..." went the slot's voice, adding "...livewriters are known by their posts alone, where forumland is their domain now, but their anguish is obvious too, for why's it always those elsewheres that are considered writing, so feed me goblin, forget them then..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 TragedyInChina_w
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:57 pm

repost from elsewhere, who needs trolls when this winconsin poster is a member then

Quote :
Guys! Halp!

Okay, these questions are kinda random but if you could answer them I’d be super grateful! I just need to figure out (sorta) guys reactions for stuff for my story. Cause I have a 20 year old guy who I’m scared is turning out to girly!!!!!!! Halp me

1) Say you’re standing someplace, minding your own business and someone comes up and hits you over the head…. What would you do?
2) You’re hanging out with a bunch of your friends… what would you most likely be doing?
3) Reaction to seeing a cute girl….
4) What’s your biggest pet-peeve?
5) How old were you when you first kissed a girl outside of your family?
6) Do you find these questions annoying?
7) You have the house to yourself for an entire weekend. What would you do if your only source of entertainment was a stuffed animal?
Okay, I hope you don’t find these questions too creeper-ish, but I really need to figure out guys for this, I’m getting kinda desperate!!! J

and with that the goblin showed, saying "...ah yes, another winconsin questionnaire for some job interview no doubt, honestly the kids these days, I don't know what this world is coming to now...", whereupon the goblin looked upon the questions, reading them, somehow imagining superman changed coming out of the phonebooth to the words "this is a job for the someone else", until he came across the question about what one would do with a stuff animal over the weekend, saying "...well, I thought we could have some red wine over a candle-lit dinner for the two of us, following by a chat by the fireplace on the sofa, or maybe some a bit slow dancing to some mood making music, followed by whatever took our imaginations now..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Gotcha
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:07 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
I ask this a lot to professional writers and now I turn the question over to you. Why do you key in on the types of stories or the themes or the type of characters or the way you construct dialog...what that stuff is and why do you write that stuff and why does that stuff interest you?

"...ah now, I suppose I write as a journey to self perhaps, or to know myself by what I post even..." replied the goblin, lying through his teeth in fact, knowing full well that he just wrote from habit, it was habitual then, as habitual as having a bath and feeling unclean without one, adding "...simply, ask yourself what's my motivation here, and would I still write without that motivation then and if the answer remains yes, then I guess you fit the bill now...", simply, a coward looks for those qualifications and justifications in what he does, and is deterred or swayed by whatever acceptance or rejection he receives, whereas someone, whose writing is habitual to them, needs no motivation at all...", and yet the goblin also knew that to make something habitual it had to be constantly repeated in practice, as much as he also knew that his means and methods, the wheres and the wherefores then, would take more than one post could ever explain here

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Mehro5392
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:09 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
The white wolf stretched her body before focusing on the goblin again. "So dear goblin, new friend, you have taken me into your world. Would you be so kind and tell me who you are?"

"...I suppose what I am is just what you read of me now..." replied the goblin without malice though, continuing "...for we are actually anonymous, though within reason I'll believe whatever you tell me to be the truth about yourself, where if you like, you can fit me neatly into that "married with children" bracket then...", no, the goblin was trying hard not to bring too much of his dailylifeself into his persona here, somehow he knew too, that for this to work, the persona had to be both faceless and ageless to be credible, adding "...oddly perhaps, I never wish to see your photo, nor know your age either, for me you're just what you become here, yet what you become here is as much you, and has the right to be you too, as that "you" you see in the mirror now, think of it as inner and outer selfs perhaps, or more simply an internet's peter pan watching the decline of ones dailylife's wendy...", and yet, those around him on this forum were content to be, or wished to become a recognized writer, where the goblin had often likened that same recognition to medusa's stare then, perhaps he had missed something then, so instead he asked the wolf what she really wanted from her posting

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Ph-illustration-17AR1

Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 am

Quote :
Well, that's one way of looking at it.

and so, back the goblin returned, looked over the post and simply smiled to the words he uttered to himself, saying "...and what would you have me believe then, that writers are somehow objective in their writing, well maybe afterwards, or perhaps before too, but not during, no, what they never tell you that they are not in control the moment the inspiration hits, far from it, they are following it, feeling for it, trying to catch it their own words now, where it is so purely subjective and momentary that perhaps the writer becomes a go-between here, one that relates that vision he sees for himself to the blind man who reads these lines of him...", in fact, the goblin didn't really know what he wrote about, well not much before he saw what he had written, besides, he was anonymous too, so he couldn't link anything either, but instead he asked in return "...to be honest, I am looking for the livewriters, yes those who recognize this forumland as their place to write in, after all, what with a declining bookworld, perhaps it's time to write for somewhere where the readers actually are now, so I suppose the real question is who then, amongst the thousands of posters across forumland that is, is going to conquer forumland first..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 George-bush
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:42 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin liked that picture very much, saying "...yes, this thread looks so much better for the pictures...", meanwhile his mind just went back to his usual habit of buying old laptops for peanuts and then installing linux to them, while almost always giving them on to someone in need, saying "...the live-cd is a joy to work with, simply one boots up the computer on the live-cd, and then checks to see if all the drivers are recognized, and then and only then, one installs, meaning that, unlike windoze, one doesn't end up with a laptop that is missing x or y driver upon install, simply, no extra downloading and guessing then...", also, the goblin remembered that the ip address changed with the session, the mac address behind the ip address was a clone too, in a word "anonymous", so that, if one generously contributed a laptop to all those local bistros one frequents for anyone to use, the bistro owner would think that you were a kind hearted soul, while of course one could then use that computer anonymously like now then, concluding "...but why should they know it's me anyway, where is the freedom of speech where one is held accountable for what one says..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Big-brother-bw
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:44 am

Quote :
where is the freedom of speech where one is held accountable for what one says

FleaMM, do you think some people often mistake freedom from censorship with freedom from accountabliity ?

I think so.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:58 am

Quote :
Quote :
FleaMM, do you think some people often mistake freedom from censorship with freedom from accountability ? I think so.

"...and suddenly there's a post that stops me in my tracks for the depth of thought it produces within me..." mentioned the goblin knowing that c/thru had him thinking that, given no choice, he would have to brake the law to talk out, or else the law was tyrant's law and one was silenced by it, saying "...if one is accountable, then one is not anonymous, moreover my understanding of this forumland is that it is the devil's playground and that one swims with the sharks here, in that, the price of having a voice was that of having no face, saying "...today we think nothing of what we say, but, just like before, the situation can change overnight where all that we have written is held against us, and the times are turning for the worse in my view, that's all..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 6a00d83451c45669e2012877905fb9970c-500wi

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:04 am

fleamailman wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
FleaMM, do you think some people often mistake freedom from censorship with freedom from accountability ? I think so.

"...and suddenly there's a post that stops me in my tracks for the depth of thought it produces within me..." mentioned the goblin knowing that c/thru had him thinking that, given no choice, he would have to brake the law to talk out, or else the law was tyrant's law and one was silenced by it, saying "...if one is accountable, then one is not anonymous, moreover my understanding of this forumland is that it is the devil's playground and that one swims with the sharks here, in that, the price of having a voice was that of having no face, saying "...today we think nothing of what we say, but, just like before, the situation can change overnight where all that one has written is held against one, and times are turning for the worse in my view, that's all..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 V-for-vendetta-20051208093357493-000
ah, but if one is anonymous, a representation, only a character, are you really attacking the real person? How can the character have any real legal identity? and how can anything written by a character be held against that character? They don't exist. they are merely a represntation.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 am

("...I wanted to answer this before, but couldn't for the pollen which had felled me..." mentioned the goblin appreciating kk's conjecture, adding "...anonymity incurs animosity, where the government is always looking out for potential threats, and where someone who is anonymous can't be cleared through their scrutiny, moreover, to them no doubt the intellectual is thought of as a dangerous creature that has to be either brought into the fold, or at least kept under check, and although I don't claim to be an intellectual, still my voice is very much my unknown own here...")

repost from elsewhere

again the goblin's mind is caught in the branches of a concept, that the anonymous are not held accountable, and yet the goblin was not impervious to either guilt or regret here, where oddly too, he cared very deeply about his anonymous goblin persona without having any reason to, saying "...I suppose it's what have you of me, and what's more, it's probably all I really have of myself too, the rest are simply my externals..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 ZmhdD
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 am

("...I am doing a landing again, yes, another writer's forum, turns out I wasn't as unknown as I had hoped but still it was rewarding enough to battle on there..." mentioned the goblin who showing the result in a few posts now)

repost from elsewhere

the goblin thanked the humans again for their warmly welcome, saying "...ah now, I don't write like this to annoy you, only that you'd agree that one is hardly anonymous where one writes like everyone expects one to, and where the gap of ones imperfections would betray one as to what age and which background, oh, and besides, I think the line goes if you write like everyone else then just like everyone else is all the it becomes mortals...", and with that the goblin's hopes were high, for he hadn't forgotten that the humans were writers on a writer's forum here, and like writers then, all this became a benchmark of those posts that he hoped to see form now, adding "...ah, a question then, that is, with the evident decline in that book reading world, what would say is the fast growing segment of reading second only to facebook today, yes the humble post of course, and each post is your ambassador here for this in fact is you on stage now, where posts are the lifeblood of a forum, so do you still wish me to buckle to that posting conformity now, or can I continue this journey to self here..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 5609_network_illustration_permal

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:39 am

repost from elsewhere, someone who pointed out each and every grammatical mistake

"...no no no human, that's all wrong and exactly why I let any poster continue writing in his or her own way now, knowing that those stuffy bookwriting rules are not what readers want to see on here, where each individual should be allowed as to write as they see fit, and besides, you have no idea how a goblin actually writes anyway..." ventured the goblin, knowing that at any moment he could write like everyone else does, or worse still, like that old fart that he actually was, but he didn't because that so alienated readers on forumland as it came across as some puffed up empty grammarnazi, so the goblin just repeated "...look, you write as you see fit then, but I would rather be me with my readership, I mean do you have some forum readership for your going around correcting poster's posts, didn't you see means to an end here..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Tumblr_lctn8xR44x1qah423

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 am

("...just skip if this is not your interest here, I am just catching up with my posts, now that I am better..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum, more of that adherence to the gospel of perfect penmanship crap, someone who dissected the goblin's reply "mistake by mistake" thinking it would cut ice somehow

Quote :
I'm not being a grammar nazi - I'm pointing out that you write awfully.

"...well of course I write awfully, that's part of my charm now..." replied the goblin, adding "...that's what makes me remembered between us...", in fact, the goblin's writing style was so awful, and universally unacceptable too, that he was welcome most places, continuing "...so feel free to encourage me further, where if jumping on someone's writing faults when not required to is not grammarnazism then what is I wonder, but either way an educator is there to enhance the act of the writer, not to produce perfect writing clones of twee grammatic sameness , so now, do you actually know how a goblin writes, um, no I don't think you do at all..."

the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Wrigleys_orbit_interrogation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person the person here wins
Page 30 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next