Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

the last person the person here wins

Go down 
+12
Angelica
Lady Snipe Dragon
Giada
BMG
Admin
Jats
Madison
angello
Joebert
KK
c/thru
fleamailman
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

fleamailman

Number of posts : 570
pennies : 614
Rep : 39

the last person the person here wins Empty
PostSubject: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:38 am

"...see, I've already won..." said the goblin again, who dearly wanted this thread to be a hotchpotch of everyones effort here, continuing "...come now, you win this just by posting something, but how you win this, or if you don't post here, is just a benchmark of self is it not, but I have great faith in you, or I wouldn't be here, play "beat the goblin" if you want to play it that way too, anything then, but do post something, for you have such talent mortals while life's clock just ticks away your chance as you read this now..."

the last person the person here wins Powerpuff-Girls-cn15
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 pm

the last person the person here wins Iwinag10
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:51 pm

"...welcome infidels..." went the voice of the interpreter now, continuing "...we're very sorry that the goblin is indisposed at this point, though instead we are happy to announce that we have found someone, who we feel to be equally knowledgeable, to aid you with those difficult and complex questions, that you might have, concerning the general state of america's ecopolitical situation at this point, so without further ado, please welcome..., ..."

the last person the person here wins Osama
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:57 pm

bet i win C9smile
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:52 am

Quote :
bet i win

"...you win your bet, but how one wins, and whether one can keep winning too, shows oneself to one..." replied the goblin who only did about one post a day, but tried to make it one worth keeping each time, adding "...I like this forum, hope it works out then..."

the last person the person here wins PATSNEDS
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:49 pm

fleamailman wrote:
Quote :
bet i win

"...you win your bet, but how one wins, and whether one can keep winning too, shows oneself to one..." replied the goblin who only did about one post a day, but tried to make it one worth keeping each time, adding "...I like this forum, hope it works out then..."

the last person the person here wins PATSNEDS

i'm your huckleberry
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 am

"...ah, I have met many personas on this internet now, but never a huckleburry before..." replied the goblin liking it, where certainly he was enjoying the forum for it originality, still sounding it out though, adding "...yes, I am a bit mad but I mean well by it, where none of my post will be malicious in nature, but that's the only promise I can give you now..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huckleberry

the last person the person here wins SalvationArmyMonkey
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 am

the last person the person here wins Winner10
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:28 am

"...life ends when one stops caring..." went the goblin borrowing M L Kings's words, "...if that's the case, my life should have ended before it even started..." came the reply from within now, so the goblin just replied "...oh that where we differ then, for there are many things I care about, just that these cares are on my terms, nor theirs, where certainly what they might call important doesn't mean that much to me..." mentioned the goblin who always tried to avoid the too extremes of either opinionated or unopinionated, saying "...simply I'm forming an ongoing opinion then, resulting in my caring perhaps..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4h3gGYZSk&feature=related

the last person the person here wins Mlk
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 pm

bump C9smile
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:20 am

"...well, between the faults of america and the ideals of osama bin laden, I guess one has to wisely accept her faults then, god bless america warts and all..." said the goblin, who now promised to support america on its slow road to recovery by actually purchasing more peanut-based products form the supermarket then, explaining "...yes, america is indeed famous for her nuts, whereas britain is more famous for fruitcakes, but those are the riches of my life I suppose, in a life that would be less without them...", besides, the goblin could openly poke fun at america or britain, but how long would the goblin be allowed to poke fun at the bin laden's plans for everyone then

the last person the person here wins Unclesamshowphp-1
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 am

bin laden screwed up big time. hie objective was to end western influence , US in particular, in the mid east. thanks to his efforts there is more western pressence and control in the mid east than ever before. Hatred for his religion is also at an all time high. more vilence and death are occuring to his people at the hands of his own people than ever before. Al he did was screw muslims.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:03 am

(the goblin thanked KK for playing this game at adult level, saying "...I like it when a poster wins this thread with something I am thinking about for the rest of the day then...")

repost from elsewhere, the goblin's slant then

"...ah but can one afford ones own strength indefinitely then..." asked the goblin now, somehow seeing that america's weakness was exactly this then, that is, it's inability to pay for long term commitment aboard, saying "...well, my guess is that every tyrant on this planet now sees the US financial constraints, over any new open ended commitment abroad that is, as something which allows them to act with impunity towards their own subjects...", simply history had shown examples of where some protectorate situation had weakened both the protector, and the protected alike, to the extent that some retraction of empire later occurred, the goblin just concluded "...so those tyrants are sitting pretty today, they can just continue to oppress their citizens on the one hand, while claiming aid for them with the other..."

the last person the person here wins Show-rodriguez
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Then again the USA is in a recovering period. Growth is starting to be realized again. While on the other hand the Euro is falling along with Europe's economy. The middle east is still powerless to push the US out. China's attempts to push the global currency off the dollar failed. Opec got a real eye opener. The price of oil does have limits. try to raise it to high, economies crash and people just stop using. As a result many arab nations teetered on bankruptcy. China too got a wake up call. without and outlet taking a continous supply of they come crashing down too. And they have many risks on their horizon. A labor force that is demanding higher wages. Shipping cost driven by the cost of oil. out of control pollution. A very real pending water shortage. India and shortly Brazil nipping on there heals. Africa will soon be a force in the petrolium ballgame. Watch what happens there. Corrupt dictatorships and mob rule. Lots of potential future battle fields.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:05 am

(the goblin agreed that the eurozone was going bust now, but didn't think that america was in any state of recovery, simply the underlying trillion dollar debt was overtaking all else now)

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

the witchdoctor smiled “...goblin, you think it's a recession because they have told you that it is one, but look at it more closely, every recession to date has been investors withdrawing their investment in late autumn, causing the market to slump, whereupon an injection of capital from either banks or governments props things up until, that too, proves futile and one has the recession for sure, but a recession, like its namesake, is supposed to eventually return things to what they once were are they not...”, to which the witchdoctor leaned closer to the goblin, continuing “...so now, with a trillion dollar debt and one dollar in ten going to service that debt too, and with far too much money in circulation anyway, and that ever unchanged "upside down demographic pyramid", still think it's actually a recession goblin..." at which the witchdoctor took a deep breath and just continued "...it's a “default” goblin, financial musical chairs if you like where the music has stopped, america will survive goblin, but it has filed for chapter 11 in all but name...”

the last person the person here wins Dreaming
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 am

debt is interesting. because the person at most risk is the lender. What happened in the current financial crisis? the lending institutions were in danger of failing. they needed someones to step in and bail them out. The ones owing simply didn't pay of couldn't pay. but they continued on, slightly battered. but it was the lender who was in danger of becoming non existent. So if the dollar becomes week what happens? Well what happened during the period where the dollar just became weak? Exports started to rise because US domestic materials became a better buy. Intersting stuff this debt.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:57 pm

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 13 Jun 2010 at 06:55:07 PM GMT is:

$ 13,053,153,171,198 .63

The estimated population of the United States is 308,554,152
so each citizen's share of this debt is $42,304.25.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.09 billion per day since September 28, 2007!
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:08 pm

"...true, perhaps if I could ever really get these posts right to myself I wouldn't need to continue here, since I would already know for sure what I am thinking...", so part of the goblin at this point was living his life normally, yes, but another part of him was watching the slide of the dollar under the largest debt in America's short history, adding "...so it seems that our distractions are wearing thin now, and yes, you and I might be helpless here, but I promise now that I won't look the other way while this happens, patriotism is, at its base, knowing by heart those principals that one holds to towards ones country, and holding one country to them then..."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2717350365989458437&ei=ZGjlSvzFG5-i2wL26_UH&q=history+of+the+dollar&hl=en#

the last person the person here wins 08-01-17_money8
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:00 pm

c/thru wrote:
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 13 Jun 2010 at 06:55:07 PM GMT is:

$ 13,053,153,171,198 .63

The estimated population of the United States is 308,554,152
so each citizen's share of this debt is $42,304.25.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.09 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

thank you president obama. did in what year what it took bush 8 to do
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:03 pm

three decades ago the japs laughed at the dollar, two the brits. last decade the europeans. Even the canadians had their chuckle. but always the dollar bounced right back
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:20 pm

the goblin agreed that the forthcoming "currency correction" was almost amusing until one realized that one was probably dealing with the life savings of most people in the western world here, saying "..."currency correction" normally starts with a loss of confidence in the financial system, resulting in high inflation, unemployment and bank runs, to which the government's first step is to resort to forced loans, coupled with a limit of withdrawals, as seen in Argentina, where as a result, people will then start to hoard money under their mattresses, to which the government will then introduce a new bank note thus forcing people to convert their hoard at a per person limitation, as seen in Vietnam, perhaps coupled by a "surrender of bullion" act, as seen in America, resulting in the currency devaluing to the lowest level after which, seeing that "system collapse" and resulting anarchy are not the goals here, things will go back to normal again, where the party that has instigated or witnessed this "currency correction" will lose the election having everyone believe that it is over and that it will never happen again, not realizing that their new state of poverty is, in fact, the spur to getting them productive again in a system where too much wealth is counter productive here is it not...", the goblin was just calmly watching its approach now, concluding "...funny how the media would have us look down at green shoots instead of the horizon here..."

the last person the person here wins Montana-fire
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 pm

people get complacent and week. not everyone was effected because they didn't become complacent. they stayed on top of what was going on an reacted accordingly. We've become a society of help seekers. What is someone else going to do for me. that's weekness. it's a law of nature the week will be culled.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:35 am

Why did the banks make risky loans? It was greed. 0% down only suckers would make a loan like that. I waited and saved, and saved some more. Paid off my first house so I could use it as equity. Used my lot that was already paid for and stock as equity. It was more than enough to pay for the whole house. So they gave me a loan. That's how they did business and why they didn't need a bail out.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:20 am

("...the policy of icy dicey will continue regardless of who is in power now, causing savings and pensions to be hit hardest, though property values will still depend on their desirability and price..." mentioned the goblin feeling that the worst is yet to come still)

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was wondering if hedes hadn't somehow released the cerberus from its underworld, and if this really was what the goblin was facing now, and which one, if any, of those three ferocious heads would actually devour him too, oh yes, he recognised them alright, there was the european malaise with its insatiable hunger now, the american default with its insurmountable debt, and lastly, the one the goblin feared the most here, the onward awakening of the tectonic plates, "...now the jaws of either one of these heads alone would have been alarming enough, but all three together now, I am beyond alarm..." mentioned the goblin, but the cerberus was in no rush, it seems to be biding its time as if savoring its prey once more, where the goblin for his part just read into its contours its majesty again, saying "...at least I saw you coming beast, you'll give me credit for that then, I wasn't fooled by the media here..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqovlRhIxIE&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ8Tp0XAeI8

the last person the person here wins Cerberus_by_victoria_poloniae
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:29 am

("...time for something different..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere,

Quote :
Is traditional publishing dead?

"...various reasons do seem obvious though..." replied the goblin now, continuing "...first, put yourself in the shoes of the reader here, given the choice between reading a book or meeting the author on line, given the choice of paying for the book or reading something free here, given the choice between just being stuck only reading the book or being able to shoot comments and question back directly..." the goblin paused, sipped his morning coffee once more, and then continued "...now put yourself in the author's shoes, given the choice between a declining physical book market or a growing internet one, given the choice between the constraints of the publishing world or the freedom of this internet, given the choice between not knowing ones true readership or simply looking a ones hitcount, the choice between a slowly declining book writing model against an ever growing livewriting one....", in fact, the goblin had no published books, wrote badly, and was dyslexic to boot, but he had one thing going for him, simply that whereas most writers kept their best stuff for their blogs and books, he actually wrote in the posts themselves, no wonder his hitcount was what it was then

the last person the person here wins 23924bd1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person the person here wins   the last person the person here wins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last person the person here wins
Page 1 of 33Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next