Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Who here believes in God?

Go down 
+10
Angelica
jjjamesjchrist
java
Toldyaso
c/thru
yangying
BMG
Giada
Joebert
KK
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
c/thru

Number of posts : 3049

Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:45 pm

That was great KK...I can't thank you enough for sharing

There was a time when I struggled to use the term God, but I came back to it. I do still struggle to assign a gender to God though. I did the comparative religion trip some of us do as I realized I had concepts that I never really questioned for myself, I just absorbed the dominant influences from family and U.S. media/culture. I realized I didn't really, really know what it meant to be a Christian or if I fit the bill I had usurped ...or rather gathered by osmosis ?? LOL

Anyways, I think you are right, most religions render to the same main theme...Love thy neighbor [as yourself]
or some variation of that.... I like the mantra "Be Kind" very, very much and mostly use that.

My main introduction to purposely investigating my own relationship with religious values wasn't until about my mid 30's and I went through the Physics door first.... studying about light & color...lead to energy, ect.
Then I studied alot of medical anatomy & physiology when I switched carreers also around that time. It's cool the way all these areas of study actually reconcile together just fine and can support each other towards a nice set of religious and spiritual values.

I read some cool confessions from the leaders of Physics, some of them even claim to post on a slightly covert website under nicks to protect the logical side of their professional reputations, where they talk about how their research in Physics led them to concede they feel there is a Higher Power or entity of some sort.
I would sure like to find that site again. I mean some of them were big names, ones who write books and lecture and show up in the media.

I love the stories of Jesus the best, I think he is a great example of a metaphysician too. I also absolutely love the Toltec teachings, old school that is, ala Don Juan Matus...who shares the similair controversy of questioned authenticity.

My thing is to watch out for my dogma...LOL.

Anyways...thanks again...great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 pm

I guess i've gone through my questioning periods too. I've also looked a bit into what some other religions are all about. what i see are the similarities in the over riding messages. the differences seem to be the personal human influences and they tend to be driven by geography or events at the time of their creation. they all really do say the same basic things. At least from an over riding message perspective.

I to was a science major and evolution was the them of creation I was taught to believe. While I do believe in evolution and that it occurs, I don't beleive it was the source of our creation. I do believe a God created man in his image. For all we know he may have looked like an ameoba. idunno

What i like about the Bible is it does really parrallel science in the events that took place in the creation of the universe, earth in particular. And it was done long before science even made these discoveries. Another thing i find interesting is that while Jesus was never proven to be the son of god, history does tell us he was real. And his teachings were along the lines of the over riding message of all religion.

The one fact that always strikes me as every conclusive is that man is unique in the evolutionary process out of all the species. Only man evolved with the ability to control, reason and create to the exent we do. And man is the only unique species. there are thousans of fish, animals, plants and insects, but only one man.

So I think the works of all those scholars are very valid. and while they may conflict with many religious views, i think they are also very supportive of them. Creationism, that says the worl was created 6,000 years ago is only based on someones calculations based on there interpretations of dates and relations they read in the bible. personally when i look at their calculations and what they base it off I think they totally missed the mark. But again, creationism is someones, a mortals interpretation os some other mortals interpretation. Not the word of god.

But i do feel the existence of a god. I do feel he (she) listens and responds or provides direction/guidance. enables me to make the right decisions. Belief is absoulutely a faith. Nothing is proven. But neither is evolution. there is a lot of faith in accepting evolution as the element of creation.

any organized religion has an element of business to it. again, there is much interpretation in the teachings and it's applications to our modern world. That is where denomination preference comes into play. it's what seems most right to you. Personally i don't care if Jesus was born on 12/26 like most christians say or on a different date like the witnesses say. when someone tries to argue the correctness of a religion over non essential aspects like that, they've lost me.
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm

KK wrote:
I'll start - I do. I have no doubts a God exists. While I don't have any solid proof, it's something I sense. I can feel his presence. Hard to describe but I know he's there.

Which God are you referring to? I listed them alphabetically...

Allah
Buddha
Jesus -or his father (name unknown)
Krishna
Yahweh

So tell me...which one of these "Gods" do you feel present? I think they are all the same, just with different names...what do you think?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Angelica wrote:
KK wrote:
I'll start - I do. I have no doubts a God exists. While I don't have any solid proof, it's something I sense. I can feel his presence. Hard to describe but I know he's there.

Which God are you referring to? I listed them alphabetically...

Allah
Buddha
Jesus -or his father (name unknown)
Krishna
Yahweh

So tell me...which one of these "Gods" do you feel present? I think they are all the same, just with different names...what do you think?
Jesus. I haven't had the urge to blow up innocent women and children lately so that rules out #1 on the list
Back to top Go down
Madison

Madison

Hobbies : reconciling c/thru
Humor : sexist
Super Powers : faux feminism reparations Number of posts : 621
pennies : 299
Rep : 20

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I have an avatar idunno
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Madison wrote:
I have an avatar idunno
You are a truly blessed child! Use that avatar only for good!

Go in Peach my child...best color in the world, goes with every complexion! Wink
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Madison wrote:
I have an avatar idunno
me too but it looks like somebody messed with it
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:58 pm

KK wrote:
Madison wrote:
I have an avatar idunno

that'll teach ya to come to a Cloud 9 party undressed
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:07 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
Madison wrote:
I have an avatar idunno

eh , i was thinking of growing one anyway
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:26 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
Madison wrote:
I have an avatar idunno

it reminds me of a deity .... hmmmm, lemme think urOK
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:45 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
Madison wrote:
I have an avatar idunno

it reminds me of a deity .... hmmmm, lemme think urOK
salvador dali
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:37 pm

I know I shouldn't, but I can't resist, just that "I am a Troll" and "I am a Christian" together seems quite a contradiction, but then that's nothing new, a repost...

"...we finally hit a bone of contention then..." smiles Jats "...and funny how religion for all its good intentions is often the great divider of men, yet in its essence, its pure form, it is a beautiful concept, indeed much like communism, yet the reality of man shatters that illusion time and time again..." the chameleon thinks back now "...like the last 'Christian' I met who boasted that he was a Christian and a Virgin, a brave statement which I admired as he sat with me and his new teenage peers, but then he ruined it by stating that he would marry a fellow Christian and that they would 'never' get divorced, a word that seemed like a fluffy ball of string to my claws, and I proceeded to paint scenarios where he would have no choice other than to chain her and lock her in the basement to avoid the terrible sin of divorce..." Jats is fading now, the sofa beckons seductively "...his hand me down beliefs and morals from his Pastor father and subserveant mother crashing and burning across the dinner table then continuing on for a year as he showed himself consistently to be the most unchristian of fellows in deed and word, thus justifying the smirk spread across my face upon that first meeting were I pricked at his pomposity..." and the chameleon sleeps easy now, his sermon done.

Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Laurie-lipton-delusion-dwellers

Last edited by Jats on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

Number of posts : 570
pennies : 614
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:05 pm

"...I don't believe in god, I know god, but I don't know what I know, and yet I know it all the same..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...look, no one goes around saying that they believe in death, though they know death, but they don't know what they know, and yet they know it all the same, same difference...", just that the goblin was gnostic, continuing "...so when people replace knowledge with belief, it just states that they are fobbing their homework for an excuse..." adding "...and how organised religion tricks you into those externals each time, when all along it is just you alone with this infinite internal that touches you now..."

Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Kollwitz_death

Last edited by fleamailman on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Jats wrote:
I pricked at his pomposity..." and the chameleon sleeps easy now, his Easter sermon done.

WTF...Easter???? We haven't even got to the Christmas Holidays yet.

Are you trying to gyp us out of a super Christian sponsored Holiday? I want my full share of pomposity...oh, oh ...and tithes & alms asking too!
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

"...it was a repost, the familiar themes come and go, no matter the time of year, yet if you want to ignore the lesson and pick out just one line of many as many do then that's up to your 'self', to help then I have edited it for you, there, better now, back to your pomposity then..."
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Jats wrote:
" yet if you want to ignore the lesson
I want to correctly understand your post...what lesson are you eluding to?
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Angelica wrote:
Jats wrote:

"...please take generously, what you take is up to you and what you post in return reveals more to me than to you, and why not take a break from your frenetic activity and read Random Stuff where posts like this will show you what you need to know first..."

its so late, and Jats needs sleep those damned years of working nights flicking in again like a light switch "...that post makes me feel so sad as sad are the ones who have pulled away from their faith only some, yet are still burdened with that guilt bequeathed to them, for without that faith around their necks they could be what Christians were meant to be without the tag, yet to date I have not met a Christian more christian than me..."

Who here believes in God? - Page 2 4214356371_eaa6775198_z

Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Jats wrote:
Angelica wrote:
Jats wrote:

"...please take generously, what you take is up to you and what you post in return reveals more to me than to you, and why not take a break from your frenetic activity and read Random Stuff where posts like this will show you what you need to know first..."

Okay, I understand...you will analyze me, but your posts will be so cryptic that I won't be able to analyze you..cool, I can deal with that.

I will continue to post as I usually do and you will..well..you will carry on.
coolPeace
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:43 pm

"...cryptic me? No I just tell funny little stories... and may your god go with you then..."

Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Dave_allen_2

Last edited by Jats on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:45 pm

fleamailman wrote:
"...I don't believe in god, I know god, but I don't know what I know, and yet I know it all the same..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...look, no one goes around saying that they believe in death, though they know death, but they don't know what they know, and yet they know it all the same, same difference...", just that the goblin was gnostic, continuing "...so when people replace knowledge with belief, it just states that they are fobbing their homework for an excuse..." adding "...and how organised religion tricks you into those externals each time, when all along it is just you alone with this infinite internal that touches you now..."

The greatest Toltec icon says :

"We are all alone in this together"
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Angelica wrote:
Jats wrote:
Angelica wrote:
Jats wrote:

Okay, I understand...you will analyze me, but your posts will be so cryptic that I won't be able to analyze you..cool, I can deal with that.

coolPeace

ahh...I psychoanalyze him all the time...he loves it, can't get enough of it
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:01 pm

"...yes c/thru s still trying to get to grips with me, but not wishing to derail this thread then see Random Stuff instead..."
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Angelica wrote:
Jats wrote:
Angelica wrote:
Jats wrote:

coolPeace

he's a liberal too. there is no way in hell you are going to be able to make sense out of anything he says
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:12 am

Quote :
he's a liberal too. there is no way in hell you are going to be able to make sense out of anything he says

"...I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago..." and Jats suppresses his sudden urge to piss feeling the auto reflex in his bladder, but knowing the difference between us and them then no matter how slight it is it seems and then returns to pondering on the reply to c/thru, if needed, that has kept him entertained throughout the morning

Who here believes in God? - Page 2 3798040462_aa878a4f14_z

http://cloud9.roflforum.net/general-discussion-f1/random-stuff-t990-300.htm
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:50 am

Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:58 pm

posts random reply
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Who here believes in God? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who here believes in God?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Religion & Spiritual-
Jump to: