Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Palin stilled Psyched ...

Go down 
+4
Joebert
BMG
KK
c/thru
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Palin stilled Psyched ... Empty
PostSubject: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Palin Still Psyched For Tea Party Convention Despite Growing Exodus

TPM
January 29, 2010, 10:03AM

It looks like Sarah Palin may be left holding the bag at a Tea Party event
that almost no one else in the movement wants anything to do with.

The former Alaska governor still plans to speak at the much-maligned
National Tea Party Convention next month in Nashville.
"You betcha I'm going to be there," she told Fox News last night.

That pledge comes despite the fact that in recent weeks, other planned speakers
and sponsors have rushed to the exits amid concerns that the event's organizer,
Nashvillle lawyer Judson Phillips, intends to profit financially from the venture.

Yesterday brought the latest mass exodus....

....citing concerns over financial arrangements for the confab, and questioning whether
it represents the true grassroots spirit of the Tea Party movement.

Those departures came after a top conservative online activist blogged
that the convention "smells scammy."

Still, Palin seems as gung ho as ever.
Her speaking fee has been reported to be as high as $100,000
though organizers have not confirmed the figure.

LINK to full story

Palin stilled Psyched ... Sarah_palin_snow-cropped-proto-custom_2
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:13 pm

this movement will always have issues becasue it it comprised of the disenchanted from the right and the left. hard to agree on a middle ground agenda
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:13 pm

I'm not buying it.

I think the movement is gaining momentum and Palin will be a big hit.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm

BMG wrote:
I'm not buying it.

i hope it does. i also think it will pull away more liberal voters
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:20 pm

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
I'm not buying it.

yeah, you'd have to be pretty liberal C9wink
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
I'm not buying it.

yeah, you'd have to be pretty liberal C9wink
to be more specific, swing votes who went liberal in the past election. The tea party is made up of predomnantly moderates who are frustrated with the two party system. it isn't about palin. it's about a break from politics as usual in a 2 party system
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:43 am

Why did she step down and leave Alaska? She will never be elected again.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Joebert wrote:

one, she ain't trying to get elected. two, all Alaska offered was a dead end $100K a year job. by leaving she has a book deal, a multi million dollar broadcasting contract and public appearances at $100k a pop. she couldn't afford not to leave
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 am

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:

one, she ain't trying to get elected. two, all Alaska offered was a dead end $100K a year job. by leaving she has a book deal, a multi million dollar broadcasting contract and public appearances at $100k a pop. she couldn't afford not to leave

And people call her an idiot. C9crackUPslap
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:50 pm

The Palin saga is just another pathetic American Pop Culture story ...

In the state of our economy, people are throwing down chunks of money to have her rant
at events where even more people are throwing down chunks of money to attend.

Remarkable.

I am so disappointed in The Tea Party, that was suppose to be a grass roots effort...
They do not set a very good example of financial management themselves... same old, same old...

just a bunch of money grabbers hungry for power....preferably White Power....
and I suspect, even more preferably, Patriarchial White Power
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

Wallstone

Hobbies : marine biology/architecture
Humor : You be the judge
Number of posts : 1000
pennies : 869
Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:54 pm

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." H.L. Mencken
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Wallstone wrote:
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." H.L. Mencken

Gawd..that's a great quote C9peaceGrin
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:35 pm

c/thru wrote:
The Palin saga is just another pathetic American Pop Culture story ...

In the state of our economy, people are throwing down chunks of money to have her rant
at events where even more people are throwing down chunks of money to attend.

Remarkable.

I am so disappointed in The Tea Party, that was suppose to be a grass roots effort...
They do not set a very good example of financial management themselves... same old, same old...

just a bunch of money grabbers hungry for power....preferably White Power....
and I suspect, even more preferably, Patriarchial White Power

Here's what happens. These grass roots movements always start out with great intent. initially they are the passion of the people. They grow and gain momentum and eventually become a threat. look at the hippie movement in the 60's. it all started from raw emotion. totally unorganized. just a bunch of people with the same ideals. within that group you had natural leaders. who realized what they had and the power behind it. The Abbie hoffmans, jerry reubens, tom haydens, timothy learys, jack kerouac and others. They organized, provided direction and made a passionate mass a viable force. No one took the hippies serious at first. They were looked at as rabble, druggies, dregs of society. So for a long time they were left alone. But once the governemnt realized what a threat they were they took action. they infiltrated, learned their motives and plans and then sought out to discredit. people on the governments bankroll organized events to make the hippies look like a bunch of drug crazed maniacs. They got to people like hoffman and bought him off. they isolated leary and discredited him. as a result this idealistic group became disenchanted and fell apart.

Same with the grass roots movement. Out of nowhere a huge success because of the passion of the people. they become a threat. but these are clean cut americans. not as easy to discredit as the hippies. no real leaders have emerged yet to coerce. So what happens, the ones in power who are threatened infiltrate. bankroll people to take charge and lead. some of these leaders may be aware of what they are doing. most are probalby dupes who have jumped at the chance of easy money funding them and "experts" advising them on how to proceed. The objective is to make them look like more of the same. And the ones bankrolling it know exactly what they need to do to discredit them. turn America against them. make it look like they are a bunch of far right religious lunatics, hell bent on on making abortion legal and saving your soul. the dupes will jump at the shot to forward their cause. what they don't realize is they are going to be shot in the back.

our government is behind the current image and perception of the grass roots movement. It has to be stopped before November. even the shift in a few seats in congress will drastically change the balance of power. They can't afford to let that happen.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:38 am

More trouble in the air for Mrs Palin...lol.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Joebert wrote:
More trouble in the air for Mrs Palin...lol.
correction, more publicity
Back to top Go down
phluffy

phluffy

Blurts : lolcat wants me
Hobbies : chasing dustbunnies
Super Powers : smuggling, looking innocent Number of posts : 139
pennies : 178
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:36 pm

she winked at me yanno
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 am

intersting how prety much everything the media has been trying to lead us to believe about palin and the tea party turned out not to be true. She didn't show up trying to make a bid to be the leader. infact she cautioned them about letting anyone become the leader. instead she said they should focus on supporting candidates who not only had their values but who demonstrated through actions they did. make sure they walk the walk too. She didn't try to turn the group into a religious, bible thumping group who was trying to take your abortion rights away and burn your books. The $100,000 speaking fee she was extorting from the group. turns out she turned that down and had asked tah it be donated back into the movement to support it's cause.

The tea party movement IS capable of initiating change in the next elections. so watch for a ton of money and a barage of negative campaigns and advertising against it. the powers that be are very scared
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Wallstone wrote:
"Nobody ever lost a buck underestimating the taste of the American public." ~ P. T. Barnum
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:35 am

java wrote:
Wallstone wrote:
"Nobody ever lost a buck underestimating the taste of the American public." ~ P. T. Barnum

He hit the nail on the head! peace
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

Wallstone

Hobbies : marine biology/architecture
Humor : You be the judge
Number of posts : 1000
pennies : 869
Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 am

KK wrote:
The tea party movement IS capable of initiating change in the next elections.
With the help of their corporate infrastructure and the cheer leading of Fox News.
Back to top Go down
yangying

yangying

Number of posts : 83
pennies : 124
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Wallstone wrote:
KK wrote:
With the help of their corporate infrastructure and the cheer leading of Fox News.

just where were the teabaggers during the Bush treason?
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Joebert wrote:
java wrote:
Wallstone wrote:

He hit the nail on the head! peace
They both did. Great minds think alike I guess...
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Wallstone wrote:
KK wrote:

i've yet to see any real evidence of their corporate infrastructure. Fos will support them becasue they will take vote from the democrats
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Palin helps destroy The Tea Party   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Palin helps destroy The Tea Party

Quote :

Could the Tea Party movement be losing ground?

Days after Sarah Palin headlined the nation's first Tea Party convention,
a Rasmussen Reports poll released today shows that a generic "Tea Party candidate"
would come in third in a theoretical three-way congressional contest.

The poll found that
36% of voters would support a Democratic candidate on a generic ballot,
25% would back the Republican and
17% would go for the Tea Party pick. Twenty-three percent of respondents are undecided.

In early December, the same poll showed the Tea Party in second place and the GOP in third.
Link to source
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 pm

c/thru wrote:
Palin helps destroy The Tea Party

Quote :

Could the Tea Party movement be losing ground?

Days after Sarah Palin headlined the nation's first Tea Party convention,
a Rasmussen Reports poll released today shows that a generic "Tea Party candidate"
would come in third in a theoretical three-way congressional contest.

The poll found that
36% of voters would support a Democratic candidate on a generic ballot,
25% would back the Republican and
17% would go for the Tea Party pick. Twenty-three percent of respondents are undecided.

In early December, the same poll showed the Tea Party in second place and the GOP in third.
Link to source

and how is that destroys? what third party has ever held that high a percentage? if anything she should be givne accolades. 3rd parties are lucky to see 3%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palin stilled Psyched ...   Palin stilled Psyched ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palin stilled Psyched ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next