Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Empty
PostSubject: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm

I just heard it on the way home so I don't know what the official excuse is this time...

and enjoy this fact I just read in this month's issue of Rolling Stone :

In 2007, Exxon wanted us to know they support green efforts and will aggressively research options for alternative energy...
it was true, they spent $10 million on those promises and $100 million in ads to tell us all about it

LINK to full article - Rolling Stone Magazine - Jan. 2010

gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon 31645610

ETA: found a supporting link
http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/author/rpoza/

Last edited by c/thru on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 pm

c/thru wrote:
I just heard it on the way home so I don't know what the official excuse is this time...

and enoy this fact I just read in this month's issue of Rolling Stone :

In 2007, Exxon wanted us to know they support green efforts and will aggressively research options for alternative energy...
it was true, they spent $10 million on those promises and $100 million in ads to tell us all about it

ETA: found a supporting link
http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/author/rpoza/
I am learning the Newspeak. Whenever I read the phrases "think tank" or "Heritage Foundation" anymore, I just automatically substitute the words, "paid propagandists."
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:56 pm

sure it will, because gas is a monopoly. we may try to kid ourselves that there is competition. Exxon, Gulf, Shell, Sunoco, BP..... But they are only agents selling a product that is price fixed by opec. and they carefully monitor the market for what it will be able to handle. the only reason it went down was becasue they realized they had overstepped their limits and it crashed the world economy. It wasn't bush, it wasn't the banks, it wasn't corprations. sure all of those contributed to unstable and difficult conditions but the system moved along on a precarious edge. the problem came whem oil rose too far too soon. it impacted the cost of everything because everything became more expensive to make and to transport. heating and air conditioningwere too much. getting back and forth to work was too much. groceries, everythng went out of control. all of a sudden people who were living on the edge, beyond their means, collapsed. this is what set off the chain reaction. As a result people limited their use of petrolium products a much as possible and demand evaporated. The beast was starving itself. so miraculousl prices dropped. now they are seeking the high water mark again.
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

Wallstone

Hobbies : marine biology/architecture
Humor : You be the judge
Number of posts : 1000
pennies : 869
Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Three bucks is cheap, comparatively speaking:
Quote :
The Pentagon pays an average of $400 to put a gallon of fuel into a combat vehicle or aircraft in Afghanistan.

link
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Wallstone wrote:
Quote :
The Pentagon pays an average of $400 to put a gallon of fuel into a combat vehicle or aircraft in Afghanistan.

link
Good grief. The USA is so slow at relearning the logistical error of occupying Afghanistan, that seemed so transparent to everybody when the USSR was the one making it.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:13 am

java wrote:
Wallstone wrote:
Quote :

link
Good grief. The USA is so slow at relearning the logistical error of occupying Afghanistan, that seemed so transparent to everybody when the USSR was the one making it.
i guess our presidents never watched red dawn
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 pm

KK wrote:
java wrote:
Wallstone wrote:
Quote :

link
Guess they're too busy reading those Presidential Daily Briefs that the spooks prepare for them. Ja forbid they should be exposed to anything mainstream.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:24 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
Wallstone wrote:
Quote :

link
Guess they're too busy reading those Presidential Daily Briefs that the spooks prepare for them. Ja forbid they should be exposed to anything mainstream.

i would really love to know what the big picture agenda really is. it sure doesn't make sense from this level
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon   gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gas prices to go back up towards $3 gallon soon
Page 1 of 1