Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year

Go down 
+2
BMG
KK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Empty
PostSubject: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Thank god we got Bush out of office. These wars were killing us financially Rolling Eyes huh?

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama will ask Congress for an additional $33 billion to fight unpopular wars in Afghanistan and Iraq on top of a record $708 billion for the Defense Department next year, The Associated Press has learned — a request that could be an especially hard sell to some of the administration's Democratic allies.

The extra $33 billion in 2010 would mostly go toward the expansion of the war in Afghanistan. Obama ordered an extra 30,000 troops for that war as part of an overhaul of the war strategy late last year.

Military officials have suggested that the 2011 request would top $700 billion for the first time, but the precise figure has not been made public.

The administration also plans to tell Congress next month that its central military objectives for the next four years will include winning the current wars while preventing new ones and that its core missions will include both counterinsurgency and counterterrorism operations.

The administration's Quadrennial Defense Review, the main articulation of U.S. military doctrine, is due to Congress on Feb. 1. Top military commanders were briefed on the document at the Pentagon on Monday and Tuesday. They also received a preview of the administration's budget plans through 2015.

The four-year review outlines six key mission areas and spells out capabilities and goals the Pentagon wants to develop. The pilotless drones used for surveillance and attack missions in Afghanistan and Pakistan are a priority, with the goals of speeding up the purchase of new Reaper drones and expanding Predator and Reaper drone flights through 2013.

U.S. officials outlined the coming requests on condition of anonymity because the budget request will not be sent to Congress until later this month.

Obama's request for more war spending is likely to receive support on Capitol Hill, where Republicans will join moderate Democrats to pass the bill.

But the budget debate is also likely to expose a widening rift between Obama's administration and Democratic leaders, who have watched public opinion turn against the military campaign.

"The president's going to have to make his case," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told reporters last month at her year-end briefing.

The 2010 budget contains about $128 billion for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That figure would rise to $159 billion next year under the proposals prepared for Congress.

The Pentagon projects that war funding would drop sharply in 2012, to $50 billion, and remain there through 2015. That is a calculation that the United States will save money from the withdrawal of forces in Iraq, as well as a prediction that the Afghanistan war will begin to wind down in the middle of 2011.

Obama has promised that U.S. forces will begin to withdraw from Afghanistan in July 2011, but his defense advisers have set no time limit for the war.

The Pentagon projects that overall defense spending would be $616 billion in 2012; $632 billion in 2013; $648 billion in 2014; and $666 billion in 2015. Congress sets little store by such predictions, which typically have fallen short of actual requests and spending.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, are expected to testify to Congress about the budget and the policy review in February.

The four-year policy statement is a more important statement of administration goals. For the current wars, the policy statement focuses on efforts to refocus money and talent on beefing up special operations forces, countering weapons of mass destruction and terrorism threats, and maintaining cyber security.

For example, the Pentagon would like to expand special operations aviation by expanding the gunship fleet from 25 to 33.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:12 pm

They are going to make him give his Nobel peace prize back.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:16 pm

BMG wrote:

only now it is worthless
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 am

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

only now it is worthless

It was always worthless. And isn't this the war he was going to end? What happened to that plan?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

only now it is worthless

It was always worthless. And isn't this the war he was going to end? What happened to that plan?
he was going to end iraq, he was going to win afghanistan
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Viet Nam or bust...
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 pm

java wrote:
Viet Nam or bust...

my guess is bust
Back to top Go down
yangying

yangying

Number of posts : 83
pennies : 124
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:25 pm

the Pentagon wants alot more
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 pm

yangying wrote:
they will get it eventually
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 am

KK wrote:
yangying wrote:

Maybe if they actually had to work for a living they woud get it.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:
yangying wrote:

Maybe if they actually had to work for a living they woud get it.

tuesdays mass vote was a wakeup call
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Throwing more money at it seems to be pretty much of a given at this -juncture-. Last I heard they were asking for another 40,000 troops for Afghanistan & I bet they'll get 'em too.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:46 pm

java wrote:
Throwing more money at it seems to be pretty much of a given at this -juncture-. Last I heard they were asking for another 40,000 troops for Afghanistan & I bet they'll get 'em too.

sure they will. there is more to this than we know or are being told
Back to top Go down
yangying

yangying

Number of posts : 83
pennies : 124
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:06 am

KK wrote:

and that is the transparency of it all
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:05 pm

yangying wrote:
KK wrote:

there is more illusion going on in government than in a lance burton show
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 pm

KK wrote:
yangying wrote:
KK wrote:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

KK wrote:
yangying wrote:
KK wrote:

it's quite a gig...look like you don't know what you are doing, while very busy doing nothing
and get things exactly your way all along
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year   Obama wants record $708 billion for wars next year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1