Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009   Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:57 am

Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 2347408421_86e8cacb77
MACY'S 1930

Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Vintagegobble
Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Vintage-macys-thanksgiving-float
MACY'S 1932
Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Felixthanksgivingparade

From year to year, the various features of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade are
heavily influenced by the social and political climate of the country and are shaped after
the current events taking place in the nation.

Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 History_Reflections_CE_OldSuperman_H261Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Susanah_unclesam
As the gravity of WWII intensified, the 1940 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade was led by a
75-foot Uncle Sam balloon. However, the New York Times reported that the 80-foot Superman
balloon dominated the parade. The presence of both of these figures of strength spoke to a desire
to bolster patriotism and the might of the nation

Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Vintagemacy-2Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 1938-Macys-Day-Parade-120-Sea-Se-1
Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Clip_image003Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Macys15
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009   Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States.

By the fall of 1621 only half of the pilgrims, who had sailed on the Mayflower, survived. The survivors, thankful to be alive, decided to give a thanksgiving feast.

Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October in Canada.

The Plymouth Pilgrims were the first to celebrate the Thanksgiving.

The pilgrims arrived in North America in December 1620.

The Pilgrims sailed across the Atlantic Ocean to reach North America.

The pilgrims sailed on the ship, which was known by the name of 'Mayflower'.

They celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day in the fall of 1621.

They celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day at Plymouth, Massachusetts.

The drink that the Puritans brought with them in the Mayflower was the beer.

The Wampanoag Indians were the people who taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land.

The Pilgrim leader, Governor William Bradford, had organized the first Thanksgiving feast in the year 1621 and invited the neighboring Wampanoag Indians also to the feast.

The first Thanksgiving feast was held in the presence of around ninety Wampanoag Indians and the Wampanoag chief, Massasoit, was also invited there.

The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.

President George Washington issued the first national Thanksgiving Day Proclamation in the year 1789 and again in 1795.

The state of New York officially made Thanksgiving Day an annual custom in 1817.

Sarah Josepha Hale, an editor with a magazine, started a Thanksgiving campaign in 1827 and it was result of her efforts that in 1863 Thanksgiving was observed as a day for national thanksgiving and prayer.

Abraham Lincoln issued a 'Thanksgiving Proclamation' on third October 1863 and officially set aside the last Thursday of November as the national day for Thanksgiving. Whereas earlier the presidents used to make an annual proclamation to specify the day when Thanksgiving was to be held.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt restored Thursday before last of November as Thanksgiving Day in the year 1939. He did so to make the Christmas shopping season longer and hus stimulate the economy of the state.

Congress passed an official proclamation in 1941 and declared that now onwards Thanksgiving will be observed as a legal holiday on the fourth Thursday of November every year.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009   Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Is this where I say bah humbug or am i still a little to early for that?

happy thanksgiving
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009   Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:03 pm

hey KK slowWaveHi

what's up sweetie.... you sitting on yer bootie while Giada's doing all the cooking? giggle
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

Edelweiss

Humor : yes
Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009   Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone USA
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009   Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:05 pm

c/thru wrote:
hey KK slowWaveHi

what's up sweetie.... you sitting on yer bootie while Giada's doing all the cooking? giggle
she baked yesterday. we went to my sisters today who did all of the cooking.

how was your thanksgiving?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009   Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving Day - Friday 2009
Page 1 of 1