Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Support for Afghanistan War Waning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

Support for Afghanistan War Waning Empty
PostSubject: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 pm

WASHINGTON, Nov. 17 (UPI) -- Americans are almost evenly divided on how many new troops President Barack Obama should send to Afghanistan, a poll indicated.

Given a choice, 46 percent said they preferred a larger number and 45 percent said they'd prefer a smaller number of new troops, the Washington Post-ABC News poll found.

Fifty-five percent said they think Obama will develop a successful Afghanistan strategy, though 52 percent of those polled said the Afghan war is not worth the cost compared with 44 percent who say the war has been worth fighting -- the lowest that number has been since the poll began asking the question in 2007, ABC said.

The president's ratings for his handling of the war are down from the summer -- 45 percent approve and 47 percent disapprove. Among independents, just 39 percent approve of Obama's handling of Afghanistan.

Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, has said the effort cannot succeed without 40,000 additional troops. U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Karl Eikenberry has urged caution on sending large numbers of new troops to the country.

Obama is expected to announce a strategy for Afghanistan after his return to Washington from his current tour of Asian capitols.

The poll was conducted by telephone among a random national sample of 1,001 adults Nov. 12-15. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/11/17/Poll-US-split-on-Afghan-buildup/UPI-67381258506387/
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:12 pm

well it's not like thsi was a top priority of his or anything Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:32 pm

KK wrote:
Big story in the news today about a war council meeting last night, The Big O is supposed to address the nation next week and might let us know about the 40k troop request then. I hope we pull out... Gen. McChrystal should be court martialed...
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:01 am

Pull all the troops out of Iraq, send them all to Afghanistan and end the war already.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:51 am

java wrote:
KK wrote:
Big story in the news today about a war council meeting last night, The Big O is supposed to address the nation next week and might let us know about the 40k troop request then. I hope we pull out... Gen. McChrystal should be court martialed...
no way is he pulling out. he commited to ending this thing but he doesn't know how. afghanistan isn't iraq, there is no central gov't there. and we are not it. tribal leaders rule various sections and some are not sympathetic to america.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:23 am

KK wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
no way is he pulling out. he commited to ending this thing but he doesn't know how. afghanistan isn't iraq, there is no central gov't there. and we are not it. tribal leaders rule various sections and some are not sympathetic to america.
From the news it sure looks like we'll be staying there but probably with a lower new troop deployment than the 40,000 McChrystal was asking for. The Pentagon and NATO are both putting the pressure on for us to stay there.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:22 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
From the news it sure looks like we'll be staying there but probably with a lower new troop deployment than the 40,000 McChrystal was asking for. The Pentagon and NATO are both putting the pressure on for us to stay there.
step one, watch the numbers grow. put a few less in now and see what happens. we can always add more later.
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:31 pm

KK wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
step one, watch the numbers grow. put a few less in now and see what happens. we can always add more later.
For my money they could all come home... but now newsclowns are talkin' 44,000... don't know if they're accurate though, guess we'll know by Monday night...
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:03 am

Most probably don't remember Eisehower but I've heard a lot of stories about him from back during WW2. My dad fought under him and really respected him during those war years. They hated Patton, but that's another story. When Eisenhower decided they needed 40,000 troops he would send 80,000 and the job always got done. That's also why this war is dragging on and on. Pul out of Iraq and finish the job for God's sake.

God Bless America.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:16 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
For my money they could all come home... but now newsclowns are talkin' 44,000... don't know if they're accurate though, guess we'll know by Monday night...

ley afghanistan decide if they want ot return to taliban rule. if not they need to start stepping up to the plate
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Joebert wrote:
Most probably don't remember Eisehower but I've heard a lot of stories about him from back during WW2. My dad fought under him and really respected him during those war years. They hated Patton, but that's another story. When Eisenhower decided they needed 40,000 troops he would send 80,000 and the job always got done. That's also why this war is dragging on and on. Pul out of Iraq and finish the job for God's sake.

God Bless America.
different wars, different situations. WWII we were trying to defeat a nation. here we are trying to defeat an insurgency. use conventional tactics and you kill lots of good guys along with the bad
Back to top Go down
java

java

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Welp looks like he got his war, bet he chokes on it.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:24 pm

java wrote:
Welp looks like he got his war, bet he chokes on it.

some lib group that is totally pro obama and keeps e mailing me sent one tonight. they aren't too happy C9no
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support for Afghanistan War Waning   Support for Afghanistan War Waning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Support for Afghanistan War Waning
Page 1 of 1