Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Empty
PostSubject: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:34 am

REVIEW & OUTLOOK
NOVEMBER 10, 2009

A liberal explains the political calculus

The typical argument for ObamaCare is that it will offer better medical care for everyone
and cost less to do it, but occasionally a supporter lets the mask slip and reveals the real
political motivation.

So let's give credit to John Cassidy, part of the left-wing stable at the New Yorker,
who wrote last week on its Web site that "it's important to be clear about what the reform amounts to."

Mr. Cassidy is more honest than the politicians whose dishonesty he supports.
"The U.S. government is making a costly and open-ended commitment," he writes.
"Let's not pretend that it isn't a big deal, or that it will be self-financing, or that it will
work out exactly as planned. It won't. What is really unfolding, I suspect, is the scenario that many
conservatives feared. The Obama Administration . . . is creating a new entitlement program,
which, once established, will be virtually impossible to rescind."

Why are they doing it? Because, according to Mr. Cassidy, ObamaCare serves the twin goals of
"making the United States a more equitable country" and furthering the Democrats' "political calculus."

In other words, the purpose is to further redistribute income by putting health care further under
government control, and in the process making the middle class more dependent on government.
As the party of government, Democrats will benefit over the long run.

This explains why Nancy Pelosi is willing to risk the seats of so many Blue Dog Democrats by forcing
such an unpopular bill through Congress on a narrow, partisan vote: You have to break a few eggs to
make a permanent welfare state.
As Mr. Cassidy concludes, "Putting on my amateur historian's cap, I might even claim that some
subterfuge is historically necessary to get great reforms enacted."

No wonder many Americans are upset. They know they are being lied to about ObamaCare, and
they know they are going to be stuck with the bill.

Printed in The Wall Street Journal, page A24
Copyright 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 pm

What I find so outrageous about this whole thing is that the politicians aren't going to be using this piece of shit healthcare plan. they have the best of everything at our expense. I want what they have. and somebody needs to take Pelosi out. rollpinrant
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 pm

this health care proposal does not solve the problems and it costs a ton of money. lests look at some simple math. 40,000 uninsured. obama says his plan will cost the average person 7% of their salarly per year. Take the average salary at $40,000 per year. that's $2800 per year. that's a total cost of $112 billion. So why the trillion dollar price tag
Back to top Go down
phluffy

phluffy

Blurts : lolcat wants me
Hobbies : chasing dustbunnies
Super Powers : smuggling, looking innocent Number of posts : 139
pennies : 178
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:13 pm

KK wrote:
this health care proposal does not solve the problems and it costs a ton of money. lests look at some simple math. 40,000 uninsured. obama says his plan will cost the average person 7% of their salarly per year. Take the average salary at $40,000 per year. that's $2800 per year. that's a total cost of $112 billion. So why the trillion dollar price tag

the gap is to cover the anticipated inflation adjustments C9BeerCheer
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:58 pm

phluffy wrote:
KK wrote:

the gap is to cover the anticipated inflation adjustments C9BeerCheer
ah the ones caused by the stimulus package
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:50 pm

KK wrote:

There you go questioning the information put out by your government again.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:35 pm

There you go questioning the information put out by your government again.[/quote]

you betcha1 Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer   Confessions of an ObamaCare Backer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Politics & News-
Jump to: