Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Refrigerated Beach in Dubai

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Palazzo-versace Versace, the renowned fashion house, is to create the world’s first refrigerated beach so that hotel guests can walk comfortably across the sand on scorching days.
The beach will be next to the the new Palazzo Versace hotel which is being built in Dubai where summer temperatures average 40C and can reach 50C.
The beach will have a network of pipes beneath the sand containing a coolant that will absorb heat from the surface.
The swimming pool will be refrigerated and there are also proposals to install giant blowers to waft a gentle breeze over the beach.
Soheil Abedian, founder and president of Palazzo Versace, said he believed it is possible to design a refrigerated beach and make it sustainable. “We will suck the heat out of the sand to keep it cool enough to lie on,” he said. “This is the kind of luxury that top people want.”
Hyder Consulting, a British construction consultancy, is overseeing the engineering on the project. The hotel will be marketed strongly in the UK where Dubai is a popular tourist destination, attracting about 800,000 Britons a year.
Abedian’s firm began its association with Versace a decade ago with the idea of creating the first chain of luxury fashion-branded lifestyle resorts.
The first Palazzo Versace is already operating on Australia’s Gold Coast – where Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey, the actors, have stayed – and the Dubai hotel will be the second when it opens late next year or early 2010. The 10-storey hotel will have 213 rooms, several with their own internal swimming pools, plus 169 apartments. Fifteen more such hotels are planned.
Competition to serve the world’s rich is getting intense, especially in Dubai. The city already boasts the world’s first seven-star hotel, the Burj Al Arab, while Armani, a competitor with Versace, is building a similarly branded Dubai hotel.
The refrigerated beach is designed to give Versace the edge in this battle of luxury lifestyles. The system will be controlled by thermostats linked to computers.
Versace’s plans have shocked environmentalists. Rachel Noble, the campaigns officer at Tourism Concern, which promotes sustainable tourism, said that the carbon generated by such projects would contribute to climate change, whose worst effects would be felt by the poor.
“Dubai is like a bubble world where the things that are worrying the rest of the world, like climate change, are simply ignored so that people can continue their destructive lifestyles,” she said.
Aided by cheap oil and gas, Middle Eastern nations have poured enormous resources into controlling temperature. About 60% of Dubai’s huge power bill is for air-conditioning; each person living there has a carbon footprint of more than 44 tons of CO2 a year.
Source: Times Online
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:12 pm

just wait til Al Gore hears about this
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:05 pm

c/thru wrote:

These rich people have nothing better to do with their money. It's a crime, really.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Giada wrote:
c/thru wrote:

These rich people have nothing better to do with their money. It's a crime, really.
you mean the profits from oil, our money
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:18 pm

KK wrote:
Giada wrote:
c/thru wrote:

you mean the profits from oil, our money

The unbelievable thing is that with everything going on in the world, this is what they're worried about?
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:28 am

Our gas dollars at work.
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 am

Joebert wrote:
Our gas dollars at work.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore Refrigerated Beach in Dubai 103773 Refrigerated Beach in Dubai 160763 I'm boycotting that beach! That'll learn em.
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

Wallstone

Hobbies : marine biology/architecture
Humor : You be the judge
Number of posts : 1000
pennies : 869
Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:52 pm

“This is the kind of luxury that top people want.”

I'm surprised they don't have people feeding them and wiping their asses.
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 pm

They will never enjoy this!

Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Tn1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerated Beach in Dubai   Refrigerated Beach in Dubai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1