Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Empty
PostSubject: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Burger King ad angers ambassador

Tue Apr 14, 11:37 am ET
MEXICO CITY (Reuters
)

A Burger King advertisement for new Tex-Mex style hamburgers, which features a squat Mexican draped in his country's flag
and an American cowboy, has offended Mexican officials who want the spot pulled.

Mexico's ambassador to Spain said posters for the new "Texican whopper," a cheeseburger with chile and spicy mayonnaise,
inappropriately display the Mexican flag, which is draped over the diminutive wrestler like a poncho.

"This advertisement denigrates the image of our country and uses improperly Mexico's national flag," Jorge Zermeno wrote
in a letter to Burger King in Spain, the Reforma newspaper reported on Monday.

The ambassador contacted the local offices of Burger King after he saw the posters in Spain, Reforma said.
The burger is only available in Europe, according to the paper.

Mexico has strict laws prohibiting the defamation of the flag, Zermeno said. He asked Burger King to cancel
the ad campaign that "offends Mexicans and Mexico."

The Miami-based fast-food chain Burger King was not immediately available to comment.

Last year, Sweden's Absolut vodka angered many U.S. citizens with a publicity campaign in Mexico
that idealized an early 19th century map showing chunks of the United States as part of Mexico.
The campaign was later dropped.

full story

Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador 041409texican_article
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Captain America challenges that Mexican wrassler to a fistfight!

Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador 1974ComicArtCon_book
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:45 am

all they needed in that add was a guy from INS coming up from behind
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 am

It seems to me that the mexicans have much bigger problems on their hands these days than ads for american fast food restaurants.

idunno
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:37 pm

BMG wrote:
It seems to me that the mexicans have much bigger problems on their hands these days than ads for american fast food restaurants.

idunno

yea but they will bitch about it anyway because they know we are pc weak and the aclu is on their side
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:09 am

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

idunno

yea but they will bitch about it anyway because they know we are pc weak and the aclu is on their side

I guess we can expect no different when our own president travels the world and calls the US a bad guy who needs to apologize to everyone.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

idunno

I guess we can expect no different when our own president travels the world and calls the US a bad guy who needs to apologize to everyone.
lead by example I guess. although it's a bad example
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador   Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burger King ad angers Mexican ambassador
Page 1 of 1