Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

He was Bad but I am Good

Go down 
+2
KK
java
6 posters
AuthorMessage
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

He was Bad but I am Good Empty
PostSubject: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:13 pm

New Ill. Gov. works to show he's anti-Blagojevich

from The Associated Press

He was Bad but I am Good 1_Illinois_Governor_Quinn.sff

New Gov. Pat Quinn is wasting no time working to prove he's nothing like his predecessor — impeached and ousted Rod Blagojevich.

Quinn will live at the Executive Mansion, he wants to reopen the state parks Blagojevich closed and he doesn't want his name plastered on Illinois Tollway signs when Blagojevich's is removed.

Amid the work of running the state, part of Quinn's new job is painting himself as the anti-Blagojevich, which he has started doing with actions both big and small.

"I don't think that'll take too much trying on my part. I don't think in any way I have a style that's similar to my predecessor," Quinn said Friday, a day after Blagojevich became the first Illinois governor to be booted from office.

Quinn, a Democrat like his predecessor, already has made a point of being accessible to the state's four other top elected officials, who had strained relationships with Blagojevich. He met Friday in Chicago with Attorney General Lisa Madigan, Secretary of State Jesse White, Comptroller Dan Hynes and Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias.

Madigan said Blagojevich had last met with the constitutional officers on July 1, 2003. Giannoulias said he was seeing the governor's office for the first time since his November 2006 election.

"I really think this is healthy for our state that we get together on a regular basis," Quinn said afterward. "We need to get the message out that ... we're working together for the betterment of everyone."

While Quinn works to put even more distance between himself and his former running mate — the two had been on the outs for years — Republicans were quick to link them from Day 1.

The Illinois Republican Party said Quinn's first act as governor should have been an apology to Illinoisans. It accused Quinn of standing by while Blagojevich committed the actions that led to his impeachment and removal from office.

"Blagojevich's Lieutenant Governor and Blagojevich Democrats came to power on a promise of change but four years later they looked the other way and chose to endorse Blagojevich for re-election even though our state was faced with the largest corruption investigation in its history," state GOP chairman Andy McKenna said in a statement.

Blagojevich's impeachment was triggered by his Dec. 9 arrest on federal corruption charges, including allegations he schemed to benefit from his power to appoint President Barack Obama's U.S. Senate replacement. He was convicted by the Illinois Senate for also abusing the power of his office by expanding state programs, wasting money and skirting hiring rules.

After his ouster, the state moved quickly to erase Blagojevich. His picture at the Capitol was taken down and his name erased from state Web sites.

Some of Quinn's gestures to show there's a new guy in charge have been more subtle.

He spent his first night on the job at the Executive Mansion and started moving in. Blagojevich had refused to move from Chicago to Springfield, irking downstate voters.

In his first news conference as governor, Quinn said he wanted to reopen the seven state parks and 11 historic sites Blagojevich closed last year because of budget cuts. But he didn't say how he would pay for that amid a budget deficit he has said could top $4 billion.

"I think it's squeezing a nickel to close parks and historic sites," Quinn said. "You squeeze a nickel and lose a half dollar. That's not smart government."

Quinn is welcome change to Ted Flickinger, president and CEO of the Illinois Association of Park Districts. Quinn spoke to the group Friday before meeting with state officers.

"It's the first time in a long time we've had a governor who puts a lot of emphasis on parks, recreation and conservation," Flickinger said.

Stylistically, Quinn and his predecessor couldn't be more different. While Blagojevich — until his impeachment trial began — made a habit of eluding the media, Quinn pledges to hold regular news conferences. Blagojevich was slick, while Quinn comes across as earnest.

Giannoulias expects state business to run more smoothly now that Blagojevich is out of the picture. "They can't be any worse," he said.

Decidedly lower-profile than Blagojevich, Quinn wants to be different from his predecessor in one key high-profile way.

When Blagojevich's name is removed from state tollway signs, Quinn doesn't want his emblazoned in its place.

"I don't think the tollway signs or the highway signs of Illinois should be an opportunity to pat the governor on the back," he said. "I think in particular the tollway signs, the way they were done, was pompous government."

———

Associated Press writer Karen Hawkins in Chicago contributed to this report.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100103092
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:56 pm

give him a few weeks to settle in
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:52 am

Maybe he could have all the Rod signs taken down and sell them to raise money for the parks.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:55 am

KK wrote:

I agree, you have to give him a chance. Just like Obama, you have to see what he can do before passing judgement.
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

jjjamesjchrist

Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

I agree, you have to give him a chance. Just like Obama, you have to see what he can do before passing judgement.

everyone deserves a chance to show who they really are. nodYes nodYes nodYes
Back to top Go down
java

java

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:29 pm

I kind of like him a bit more just because none of the Illinois legislators like him much.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:46 pm

jamesjchrist wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

everyone deserves a chance to show who they really are. nodYes nodYes nodYes
and smoetime people turn out ot be not what you would expect
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

so far obama is showing me a lot of GWB
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 am

and smoetime people turn out ot be not what you would expect[/quote]

Yep it's just like life...you never know.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:42 am

so far obama is showing me a lot of GWB[/quote]

Well he hasn't started a War yet!
Back to top Go down
Dumbo

Hobbies : yes / no
Humor : bad
Number of posts : 56
pennies : 0
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:24 am

Joebert wrote:

Well he hasn't started a War yet![/quote]

Yea, wait until Obama has his 911 on his watch and we'll see how much he smells like a rose. Forget the Middle East, we have a ticking time bomb right next door in Mexico.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:56 pm

KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

What BHO didnt get is that you cant take something like the USA and make it do a 180 degree turn around on a dime.

He wasnt dealing in reality with all his campaign rhetoric.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Gee Pat........what a stroke of genius........tell everyone you are the antithesis of Blago.

DUH......I never would have thought of that one.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
Joebert wrote:
KK wrote:

What BHO didnt get is that you cant take something like the USA and make it do a 180 degree turn around on a dime.

He wasnt dealing in reality with all his campaign rhetoric.
either he was clueless or he lied
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 pm

BMG wrote:
Gee Pat........what a stroke of genius........tell everyone you are the antithesis of Blago.

does he expect us to believe him?
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:00 am

He wasnt dealing in reality with all his campaign rhetoric.[/quote]

They never do BMG. They say what ever they need to say to get elected.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:47 am

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

Yes, I believe they really do expect people to believe their BS. I think they say it so much they start believing it themselves.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:10 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

Yes, I believe they really do expect people to believe their BS. I think they say it so much they start believing it themselves.
if the events of the past few weeks don't prove to people that all politicians regardless of party are corrupt, there is no hope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He was Bad but I am Good   He was Bad but I am Good Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

He was Bad but I am Good
Page 1 of 1