Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Empty
PostSubject: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 am

birth certificate, we don't need no stinking birth certificate

NEW YORK – A North Carolina woman who raised a child snatched from a New York hospital more than two decades ago was scheduled to appear Monday in federal court to face kidnapping charges.

Ann Pettway surrendered Sunday morning to the FBI and Bridgeport, Conn., police on a warrant from North Carolina, where she's on probation because of a conviction for attempted embezzlement, FBI supervisory special agent William Reiner said. She turned herself in days after a widely publicized reunion between the child she raised, now an adult, and her biological mother.

Carlina White was just 19 days old when her parents took her to Harlem Hospital in the middle of the night with a high fever. Joy White and Carl Tyson said a woman who looked like a nurse had comforted them. The couple left the hospital to rest, but their baby was missing when they went back. No suspects were identified.

In an appearance on NBC's "Today" show on Monday, Tyson said he was very happy to have found his daughter, now a 23-year-old adult.

"I have my whole puzzle. I have all my four kids now," he said. But he admitted he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing with a 23-year old.

"Should I be feeding her baby food?" he joked.

Tyson said he would like to ask Pettway "why she did this to me for 23 years."

Carlina White has been living under the name Nejdra Nance in Connecticut and in the Atlanta area. She said she had long suspected Pettway wasn't her biological mother because she could never provide her with a birth certificate and because she didn't look like anyone else in Pettway's family.

She periodically checked the website of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and while looking through New York photos early this month found one that looked nearly identical to her own baby picture. She contacted Joy White through the center.

White and Nance met in New York before DNA tests were complete, confident they were mother and daughter. After the test results confirmed it Wednesday, Nance returned from Atlanta to be with White again.

Pettway remained in custody Sunday and couldn't be reached for comment. A woman who answered the phone at a Pettway relative's home in Bridgeport on Sunday refused to comment on her surrender.

Pettway received two years of probation last June after she took items from a store where she worked, which is considered embezzlement under North Carolina law, state correction spokeswoman Pamela Walker said. Under terms of her probation, she wasn't allowed to leave the state.

Department of Correction officials there tried repeatedly to contact her after finding out investigators wanted to question her in Carlina's 1987 abduction.

North Carolina officials said Friday they believed Pettway was on the run from authorities. They said Sunday they would seek her extradition.

Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:14 pm

she should be under the jail..
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 pm

can you imagine living with the nagging feeling that you were probably abducted near birth ?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:40 pm

c/thru wrote:
can you imagine living with the nagging feeling that you were probably abducted near birth ?
i guess it's better than the feeling of being aborted at birth
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

Edelweiss

Humor : yes
Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 pm

c/thru wrote:

I think every teenager at one time or another feels they can't possibly belong to the family they're in and must have been abducted at birth coolshadetip
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Edelweiss wrote:
c/thru wrote:

I think every teenager at one time or another feels they can't possibly belong to the family they're in and must have been abducted at birth coolshadetip
when my parents votd for 0bama i felt that very feeling
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Edelweiss wrote:
c/thru wrote:

rolling on floor lau rolling on floor lau rolling on floor lau

well as for me.... I am quite sure of my true Mother...way too many similarities....LOL !!!!

and I am sure my babygirl knows she stands correct...but I think she often wishes I had married into money ... giggle
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 pm

KK wrote:
Edelweiss wrote:
c/thru wrote:

lolFlag I love this, absolutely LOVE this bit of info ....LOL

so how was Thanksgiving dinner anyways ?
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:54 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
Edelweiss wrote:
c/thru wrote:

lolFlag I love this, absolutely LOVE this bit of info ....LOL

so how was Thanksgiving dinner anyways ?
actually my father is dead, and my mother hates 0bama. lol this thanksgiving was great. 0bama's ratings where already in the toilet. Plus the republicans had the house back and had reduced the gap in the senate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges   NC woman who raised NY baby faces kidnap charges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1