Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Interesting stuff

Go down 
+6
c/thru
gin rumy
Edelweiss
Alberta Boy
Lady Snipe Dragon
KK
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

Number of posts : 8316

Interesting stuff - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Edelweiss wrote:
if you have a south facing roof that is not obstructed by trees, you have an ideal location. you can even get away with southwest, or south east. Worst case scenario is you will eliminate your utility bill. you may even be able to produce extra to sell back to the grid. Depending on the state you live in you may have additional incentives, like SREC's . That's where you really get payback quick[/quote]

we're in luck, the back of our roof faces south-south east and Colorado is always giving some benefit for conserving energy etc. will definitely look into that, the electric bill keep getting raised on a regular basis
Interesting stuff - Page 34 21005810[/quote] you should definitely look into it. an installer will come out, do an energy evaluation base on your last years utility bills. Determine what size unit you would need. Then he will give you a cost, minus rebates, identify statewide incentives such as SREC's and give you an estimated pay back period. As an example, our estimated payback for NY with the federal and state rebates but no SREC allowances was 13 yrs. Our estimated payback for NJ, and a larger system, federal and state rebates plus SREC credit allowances was about 4 and a half years - 5 years. Since we won't be living there right away and will be selling more energy back it will be about 3 yrs.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Well today we passed our total production for the month of february already
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:23 am

KK wrote:
wait until summer..
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:22 am

Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
wait until summer..
i know. the longer days really make a big difference
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

Edelweiss

Humor : yes
Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 pm

[/quote] you should definitely look into it. an installer will come out, do an energy evaluation base on your last years utility bills. Determine what size unit you would need. Then he will give you a cost, minus rebates, identify statewide incentives such as SREC's and give you an estimated pay back period. As an example, our estimated payback for NY with the federal and state rebates but no SREC allowances was 13 yrs. Our estimated payback for NJ, and a larger system, federal and state rebates plus SREC credit allowances was about 4 and a half years - 5 years. Since we won't be living there right away and will be selling more energy back it will be about 3 yrs.[/quote]

appreciate all the info...we will look into it.....have a sunny day slowWaveHi
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Edelweiss wrote:
you should definitely look into it. an installer will come out, do an energy evaluation base on your last years utility bills. Determine what size unit you would need. Then he will give you a cost, minus rebates, identify statewide incentives such as SREC's and give you an estimated pay back period. As an example, our estimated payback for NY with the federal and state rebates but no SREC allowances was 13 yrs. Our estimated payback for NJ, and a larger system, federal and state rebates plus SREC credit allowances was about 4 and a half years - 5 years. Since we won't be living there right away and will be selling more energy back it will be about 3 yrs.[/quote]

appreciate all the info...we will look into it.....have a sunny day slowWaveHi [/quote] 8" of snow idunno
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:29 am

KK wrote:
Edelweiss wrote:
you should definitely look into it. an installer will come out, do an energy evaluation base on your last years utility bills. Determine what size unit you would need. Then he will give you a cost, minus rebates, identify statewide incentives such as SREC's and give you an estimated pay back period. As an example, our estimated payback for NY with the federal and state rebates but no SREC allowances was 13 yrs. Our estimated payback for NJ, and a larger system, federal and state rebates plus SREC credit allowances was about 4 and a half years - 5 years. Since we won't be living there right away and will be selling more energy back it will be about 3 yrs.

appreciate all the info...we will look into it.....have a sunny day slowWaveHi [/quote] 8" of snow idunno [/quote]Really? It was warm here today.. idunno
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
Edelweiss wrote:
you should definitely look into it. an installer will come out, do an energy evaluation base on your last years utility bills. Determine what size unit you would need. Then he will give you a cost, minus rebates, identify statewide incentives such as SREC's and give you an estimated pay back period. As an example, our estimated payback for NY with the federal and state rebates but no SREC allowances was 13 yrs. Our estimated payback for NJ, and a larger system, federal and state rebates plus SREC credit allowances was about 4 and a half years - 5 years. Since we won't be living there right away and will be selling more energy back it will be about 3 yrs.

appreciate all the info...we will look into it.....have a sunny day slowWaveHi
8" of snow idunno [/quote]Really? It was warm here today.. idunno [/quote] yea it's still winter here. schools are closed too
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:30 pm

well the weekend starts for me in a half hour. Getting ready to head out.
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:53 am

Interesting stuff - Page 34 5-fri-13_159_layoutr-108
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:27 am

good morning, sunny but cold
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:08 am

innocent
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:13 pm

55KW produced today
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Interesting stuff - Page 34 Windmill1
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
I feel all green and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:46 pm

KK wrote:
Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
I feel all green and stuff.
it isnt easy being green..
Interesting stuff - Page 34 2_28_03_11_8_45_52_40261885
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 pm

over 1000 kw for the month. I'm loving it
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 pm

KK wrote:
Holy shit.. just wait until July..
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
i know, the longr days make a huge difference
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 pm

KK wrote:
Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
and the panels NOT being covered in snow will help too..
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 am

Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
that hurt january and early feb for sure
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 am

KK wrote:
Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
it is snowing here.. rolleyes
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Good job KK....

we just got 18 million dollars for the Air Force Academy & our local utility company to build
a 32 acre solar panel farm at the USAFA base....

it's so huge, some say it's an eyesore and are whining " why'd ya put it there, so visible "

duh, that's part of the point right now.... show off a little, inspire others.

It's kinda like the big one at Nellis near Las Vegas

although I'm not sure the stats they reveal are the best for garnering public support ....
something like "saving 1 million per year" so some are bitching about having to wait 18 years
for a return on the taxpayer's investment....

of course there is so much more to the story and the numbers ...

I'm all for it, of course, cause it's in my area

( we also just got confirmed for a new air flight helicoptor center at our army base,
probably having the USAFA here helps ...it has a grip of clout across the nation ....
many military bases wanted that project as well ...
I'm not 100% sure how this area is getting so much right now )

KRDO NEWS STORY :
The United States Air Force Academy is going green. A massive solar array project
is nearly complete, and can be seen right off Interstate 25 at North Academy Boulevard

LINK to official U.S. Air Force Academy Solar Project website....with great pictures and videos
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:13 pm

c/thru wrote:
Good job KK....

we just got 18 million dollars for the Air Force Academy & our local utility company to build
a 32 acre solar panel farm at the USAFA base....

it's so huge, some say it's an eyesore and are whining " why'd ya put it there, so visible "

duh, that's part of the point right now.... show off a little, inspire others.

It's kinda like the big one at Nellis near Las Vegas

although I'm not sure the stats they reveal are the best for garnering public support ....
something like "saving 1 million per year" so some are bitching about having to wait 18 years
for a return on the taxpayer's investment....

of course there is so much more to the story and the numbers ...

I'm all for it, of course, cause it's in my area

( we also just got confirmed for a new air flight helicoptor center at our army base,
probably having the USAFA here helps ...it has a grip of clout across the nation ....
many military bases wanted that project as well ...
I'm not 100% sure how this area is getting so much right now )

KRDO NEWS STORY :
The United States Air Force Academy is going green. A massive solar array project
is nearly complete, and can be seen right off Interstate 25 at North Academy Boulevard

LINK to official U.S. Air Force Academy Solar Project website....with great pictures and videos

You know what else is really cool? I've prevented over 2600 KG of carbon from being dumped into the atmosphere.

I'm a little surprised at the length of the payback at 18 years. that seems high. For one I'd assume they aren't getting SREC credits and federal tax breaks for the installation. Even still, if I installed my system with no federal credits or SREC's I would have a payback in 13yrs or less at todays prices. Which you know will go up. but then again, I guess being government there were other costs associated like environmental studies, ecconimic studies, media and marketing which drove the cost per KW up.

It look like their system will be 1,166 times larger than mine.

I think this is totally awesome. Thanks for the links and story. I will check them out in detail later.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
KK wrote:
it is snowing here.. rolleyes
10" coming our way on friday
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 pm

gosh KK....

what a winter, huh?
we woke up yesterday morning to 3-4 inches of surprise snow...and it was like 54 degrees idunno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting stuff   Interesting stuff - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting stuff
Page 34 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next