Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey

Go down 
+3
c/thru
Alberta Boy
KK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Empty
PostSubject: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 pm

I smell a reality special coming. William and Kate, plus 8

LONDON – Prince William and Kate Middleton will marry April 29 in Westminster Abbey, the historic London church where Princess Diana's funeral was held.

Royal officials said Tuesday that the couple chose the venue for its beauty, intimacy and historic royal connections, and the date because they wanted a spring wedding. It also the feast day of St. Catherine of Siena, whose name Middleton shares — though that is a coincidence.

The government said the day, a Friday, would be a public holiday.

Prince William's private secretary, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, said the couple chose the 1,000-year-old abbey in central London because despite its size — it holds 2,200 people — it has a sense of intimacy.

"Even at the altar, it seems like a parish church," he said.

It also has centuries of royal history. William's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, and her mother both married at the abbey, where British kings and queens are crowned and where 17 monarchs are buried.

William and Kate decided against celebrating their nuptials at St. Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents married in 1981.

The palace said the royal family and the Middletons would cover the costs of the wedding, Just where does the roaly family get their money from? reception and honeymoon, apart from security. There have been grumbles about the propriety of holding a lavish royal bash in the midst of economic austerity.

"All parties involved in the wedding, not least Prince William and Miss Middleton, want to ensure that a balance is struck between an enjoyable day and the current economic situation," Lowther-Pinkerton said.

He said the guest list had not been finalized, but that "we will have a full church."

He said William and Kate were playing "a very active role" in planning the day.

"We know that the world will be watching on the 29th of April, and the couple are very, very keen indeed that the spectacle should be a classic example of what Britain does best," he said.

"The couple are completely over the moon," Lowther-Pinkerton added. "They are on cloud nine."

"I've never seen two happier people."

Prime Minister David Cameron confirmed that the wedding day would be a public holiday in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. What about southern Ireland? Scotland's government was also expected to announce a public holiday.

"The wedding of Kate and William will be a happy and momentous occasion. We want to mark the day as one of national celebration, a public holiday will ensure the most people possible will have a chance to celebrate on the day," Cameron said in a statement.

William was 15 when he walked behind his mother's coffin at Diana's funeral in the abbey in September 1997.

Several members of his family have wed there, including the queen's sister. Princess Margaret in 1960, William's aunt Princess Anne in 1973 and his uncle Prince Andrew in 1986. All three marriages ended in divorce.

Back to top Go down
Alberta Boy

Alberta Boy

Hobbies : Carpenter/Rugby Ref-player/former scuba instructor/D2 addict (mostly cured - look out for D3 though)
Humor : the quick quip and the surprise ending
Super Powers : can fold fitted sheets Number of posts : 425
pennies : 160
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 pm

They announced this while I was in Wales. You would have thought it was a Royal proclamation or something. THey even offered congrats on the score board during the Wales v South Africa game.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:27 pm

i'll take interest when one of them has an affair
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:50 pm

I just wanna see the dress and the price tag for the whole thing
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:12 pm

The dress and the cake..it takes days to make cakes like those..
Back to top Go down
Angelica

Angelica

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 am

Who is picking up the tab?

Bride's Dad, Grooms Mom, or the taxpaying public..

My guess...the taxpaying public! popcorn
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

Lady Snipe Dragon

Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Angelica wrote:

nodYes
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Lady Snipe Dragon wrote:
Angelica wrote:

nodYes

they could televise it on pay-per-view
Back to top Go down
Giada

Giada

Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:31 pm

The taxpayers will pay, of course, don't they always?
Back to top Go down
Jats

Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm

a lil repost...

"...yet the world loves a love story, as I have seen again by the excited responses to the news of the upcoming royal wedding here in the UK and across forumland as the girl gets her prince and the soap opera begins, a timely distraction to reality then..."

William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Royal_wedding_plate
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Jats wrote:
a lil repost...

"...yet the world loves a love story, as I have seen again by the excited responses to the news of the upcoming royal wedding here in the UK and across forumland as the girl gets her prince and the soap opera begins, a timely distraction to reality then..."

William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Royal_wedding_plate

as long as it brings us world peace i'm cool wit hit. it will bring us world peace right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey   William, Kate to wed April 29 at Westminster Abbey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1