Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power Empty
PostSubject: GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power   GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 pm

wow, salt to the wound. Libs seem to be real anti tea party. I mean they have bitched about them enough over the last nine months. And here two Sara Palin backed tea partiers are going to be taking the lead. Again libs scoffed at Palin and said, go ahead, run her. Oh please let her run. followed by a lmao. But I said Palin is not going to run, that isn't where her strenght is or where she can do the most benefit. She has the ear of the people and her most effective role is to promote the agenda and counter the onslaught of liberal propoganda by team obama. And that is exactly what she did. And today we have an entirely different political landsape and a complete swing from the myth of Obama walking on water.

WASHINGTON – House Republicans have tapped two newly elected congressmen who drew tea party backing in their campaigns to help lead the party's transition to power.

Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and Tim Scott of South Carolina, who won endorsements by Sarah Palin and support from tea party activists, are part of a newly named 22-member team charged with crafting new rules and smoothing the GOP's shift from minority to majority.

The team, led by Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon and headquartered in the basement of the Capitol, is to meet Monday night and Tuesday. It includes several seasoned veterans and influential members like 15-term Rep. David Dreier of California, in line for his second stint as head of the powerful Rules Committee, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, in line to head the Budget Committee, and Rep. Pete Sessions of Texas, the GOP campaign committee chief.

Rep. Doc Hastings of Washington, one of a large crop of GOP lawmakers who came to Congress 16 years ago, the last time Republicans seized control of the House, is part of the group.

Two other freshmen, Cory Gardner of Colorado and Martha Roby of Alabama, are also on the roster.

Walden said he didn't choose the team based on whether they had tea party backing, telling reporters last week that he wasn't sure whether those he was recruiting were supported by the conservative-libertarian movement. "It's a nice cross-section of our Republican conference," he said of the group.

But it's clear Republicans are aware that the grass-roots movement that helped propel them to big wins in last week's elections will be an important part of their new House majority and bolstered Senate minority.

Many of the newly elected Republicans are political novices, including a pizzeria owner and a gospel singer. All four first-termers on the transition team have some degree of experience in elected office; Scott and Gardner have been state legislators while Roby has served as a city councilwoman and Kinzinger on a county board.

Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power   GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 pm

I can't understand why some of the same people that claim President Obama is full of hot air
think Palin is the one who walks on water .... she is the epitomy of blowing hard and empty promises

Her life is such a contradiction to many of the values she tries to stir "the people" up over

The Tea Party best switch to coffee, they're in for a very rude awakening

Palin didn't start the Tea Party, she just grabbed a coattail as she was falling

and she is fickled even with the gratuitous position they let her have, she just pulled a fast one in Colorado

Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power   GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Bloomberg News poll on Tea Party supporters :

40% are 55 or older
79% are white
61% are men
44% identify as "born-again" Christians

Dick Morris, political analyst, says of the Tea Party
"there is no national leadership and teapartypatriots.org, the umbrella group,
has only seven paid staff members with a payroll of $50,000 per month"

I'm doing some math here....nice paying job for grassroots
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power   GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm

c/thru wrote:
I can't understand why some of the same people that claim President Obama is full of hot air
think Palin is the one who walks on water .... she is the epitomy of blowing hard and empty promises

Her life is such a contradiction to many of the values she tries to stir "the people" up over

The Tea Party best switch to coffee, they're in for a very rude awakening

Palin didn't start the Tea Party, she just grabbed a coattail as she was falling

and she is fickled even with the gratuitous position they let her have, she just pulled a fast one in Colorado

she did exactly what i said she would do though. and successfully
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power   GOP taps 2 tea partiers for transition to power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1