Cloud 9 Forumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

My yard at night

Go down 
+2
BMG
KK
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:58 pm

here is a video of my yard at night. more like an audio becasue it is very dark. there was cloud cover last night so there was no moon or star light. living in the middle of nowhere it gets very dark. no lights from buildings or street lights. what you hear are all the night critters talking to each other. if you look real real close you may see the occasional firefly. very hard to see. a pinpoint size moving flash of light. at the end you here some fireworks going off in the distance. maybe a mile away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4h4AJ_vWA
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:21 am

You have a bunch of tree toads. Sounds tropical.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:08 am

BMG wrote:
i don't know what they are. some kind of bugs. i took another one last night looking towards the pond. you can hear the frogs there
Back to top Go down
c/thru

c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am

they're gonna have to try and keep it down ...LOL ...sounded like a child's train set
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:54 pm

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
i don't know what they are. some kind of bugs. i took another one last night looking towards the pond. you can hear the frogs there

I recognized the sound. We have tree toads by the millions here in the south. They are real cute. They look like regular toads but they are tiny enough to fit in a thimble.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm

c/thru wrote:
they're gonna have to try and keep it down ...LOL ...sounded like a child's train set
they really step it up in august
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:43 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:

I recognized the sound. We have tree toads by the millions here in the south. They are real cute. They look like regular toads but they are tiny enough to fit in a thimble.
i think they might be cicadas
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 pm

OK last night. facing the pond this time. You can hear the frogs in this one. the lights you see are solar lights along th pond path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-rutImmUrU
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm

OK tonight. I'll have this deer taking apples out of my hand by the end of the week. she got a little scared and i wasn't sure why but giada later told me she was coming up behind me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBOtRctFd7M
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:16 pm

KK wrote:
OK tonight. I'll have this deer taking apples out of my hand by the end of the week. she got a little scared and i wasn't sure why but giada later told me she was coming up behind me.

Yard pets. Very cool.

The deer around here are way too skittish for that.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:16 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:

Yard pets. Very cool.

i'm surprised, i'm usually always chasing them away
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 pm

KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:

Yard pets. Very cool.

Our deer get hunted a lot.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:36 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
BMG wrote:
KK wrote:

Yard pets. Very cool.

Our deer get hunted a lot.
these are pretty protected. no hunting allowed in the town . it's kind of like a pocket of woods that has everything they need.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

Number of posts : 570
pennies : 614
Rep : 39

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:35 am

("...yes I love animals too, not many in this city I live in and I wish europe had racoons but I think their cute..." said the goblin)
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:06 pm

fleamailman wrote:
("...yes I love animals too, not many in this city I live in and I wish europe had racoons but I think their cute..." said the goblin)

we've got racoons. you hear them screaming at night. there are a high percent of them that have rabies though
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 pm

("...the nearest thing we have to them is badgers I suppose, but I feel an affinity for raccoons in their stealing anything that's going now..." mentioned the goblin who could not be trusted near beauty)
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:11 pm

fleamailman wrote:
("...the nearest thing we have to them is badgers I suppose, but I feel an affinity for raccoons in their stealing anything that's going now..." mentioned the goblin who could not be trusted near beauty)
we have ponds in our back yard full of frogs

My yard at night DSC00356

My yard at night DSC00357

every night the racoons are there trying to get a meal.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

fleamailman

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 am

("...nice pics huckleburry..." went the goblin, adding "...at night, the park-like space in front of where I live has ravens in the trees and gypsies on the ground, perfectly safe but surreal, and I guess that if I didn't daily see their life of grasshopper I wouldn't at times question my life of ant...")
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 pm

fleamailman wrote:
("...nice pics huckleburry..." went the goblin, adding "...at night, the park-like space in front of where I live has ravens in the trees and gypsies on the ground, perfectly safe but surreal, and I guess that if I didn't daily see their life of grasshopper I wouldn't at times question my life of ant...")
i like to enjoy my surroundings and get lost in them. I prefer them greatly to our man made world
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

Edelweiss

Humor : yes
Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm

wish I had a pond, I love frogs...I have to settle for ornamental frogs... tsktsk

My yard at night Sam_0215
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Edelweiss wrote:

wish I had a pond, I love frogs...I have to settle for ornamental frogs... tsktsk

My yard at night Sam_0215
I'll post a few larger pictures of the pond. Both are man made. The larger one is about 16' x 22' and about 5 1'2 feet deep at it's deepest point. I dug it out by hand and used the dirt that came from it to build a terrace around 3 sides. then I built about a 20' stream on the upper terrace. a small waterfall feeds into it and then the stream back into the pond via another waterfall. A 2800 gallon per hr pump circulates the water. I have about 120 koi and shebunkins in the pond. I like to thin that number to about 50 every year. they reproduce so fast. the frogs came on there own or I may have had some frog eggs on lilly pads i put in. between the two ponds there has to be at least 30 frogs.

building a small pond is very easy. infact they make premolded inserts if you want to go that route. you just need to make sure it is deep enough it doesn't freeze to the bottom in your area if you plan on having things live in it.
Back to top Go down
BMG

BMG

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 am

KK wrote:
fleamailman wrote:

we've got racoons. you hear them screaming at night. there are a high percent of them that have rabies though

I have them too. The buggers raid my bird feeders and even turn over trash cans and make a big mess. I went out with a shotgun one night with the idea of getting rid of a couple of them but I couldnt shoot.....too cute. Now I just keep the hose by the back door and spray them. I think they find that amusing.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:26 pm

BMG wrote:
KK wrote:
fleamailman wrote:

I have them too. The buggers raid my bird feeders and even turn over trash cans and make a big mess. I went out with a shotgun one night with the idea of getting rid of a couple of them but I couldnt shoot.....too cute. Now I just keep the hose by the back door and spray them. I think they find that amusing.
trying to catch a groundhog i caught a racoon in the trap by accident. i saw first hand how nasty they can be. all that cuteness went away.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

Joebert

Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:26 am

At my last place I had a table out back and I would put food on it for them. Ywo got into it and it soulded like wild dogs. I had called for my wife to watch and she was telling me to make them stop. I don;t have a dear=th wish so I didn't.
Back to top Go down
KK

KK

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Joebert wrote:
At my last place I had a table out back and I would put food on it for them. Ywo got into it and it soulded like wild dogs. I had called for my wife to watch and she was telling me to make them stop. I don;t have a dear=th wish so I didn't.
they can be very vicious. you never know with animals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My yard at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: My yard at night   My yard at night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My yard at night
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next